Kim Chung Hee

We are brothers

The sky was dark and the street lamps were the only light source. The whole street is in completed silent.

“Damn it. Why does it have to be so cold?” I cursed under my breathe while enduring the coldness and silence of the night.

It’s already past midnight and I just came back from that freaking part time job. Because of one stupid mistake, I had to end up in the shop alone to clean the whole shop. I hate my life.

“Stupid work. Stupid boss. Stupid cleaning. Go to hell!” I groaned and knocked a bin near me to let out my frustration. I decided to take a short cut to the alley.

As I walked through the alley, I felt a chill running downmy spine. I felt that I being watched by someone. Then suddenly, I heard a soft ‘crack’ sound further ahead. As if someone had accidentally stepped onto a drink can.

"Hey there prettyface, what are ya doing out here so late at night? Wanna have some fun?"

A black figure emerged from behind the alley which took me by surprise. He was a young man, dressed like a total gangster. The man had a flirtatious grin plastered on his face. Things worsened when a few other men just as buff appeared from behind the first one. 

“You must be the famous Kim Chung Hee who broke to my territory and caused trouble huh?” said the young man.

. That is the only words come out of my mind. I backed away slowly as the gang come towards me. I bite my bottom lip and start carrying myself to escape.

“Get him, don’t let him escape” the young man yells to s as he saw me running away.

After few minutes of running, I finally get loose from them until I come into the street, making sure I lost the people following me. I breathe in for more air to calm myself. I headed to my only place that kept me safe

I arrived at my house which used to live with my granny. She was the one who found me roaming on the street and takes me to home. She even told me about my umma who died when she gave birth to me. Granny never has a chance to know who my appa is when my umma pass away. I glad that I have family to live with. I used to grow up in a orphanage. But there I I g got everything but love. I got betrayed by the word ‘friend’ several times which made me don’t know how to love. Not until I meet my granny. I lived with her a happy and simple life together. This is my paradise not until granny pass away last year. I was now left alone in the house. I began not to trust anyone and only think about myself. I lived to steal and fight for my whole life.

I open my house’s door when something flew to my feet. I picked it up and my name was printed at the front of the envelope. I opened it and a necklace falls out from the envelope. A card is also attached to it. It said:

You are inviting to attend a special gathering at the XXX Hotel this coming Sunday

I looked at the calendar and it says tomorrow. I snorted at it and throw the card to the dust bin. I went to the washroom to clean myself before making myself fall on the bed. I noticed that necklace is still on the floor. I took it and start looking at it. It was a silver cross necklace. I looked at it carefully and saw a name crave at the back of the cross. I squint my eyes to the name:

‘Kim Soo Ah’

My eyes were widened as the name belongs to my umma. Does that mean that this cross belongs to my umma. The person who send me the envelope why have my umma necklace? Could it be… not it can’t be? Stop dreaming, Kim Chung Hee. You are a loner and people betrayed you easily! I shuffle my hair in frustration and threw the necklace back to the table. I looked at the table one more time before I drifted back to sleep.

 

Next day

I was walking again at the dark alley, staring at the necklace. I not sure as my mind is mix up. The invitation stated that I must reach the destination before noon. I checked my watch and it’s already 10am.  Then someone bumped onto me. I was pissed off and start yelling to the person in front.

“Hey, watch where you going…” my words were taken back that I looked carefully who I bumped into. It was the gangster from yesterday. They have completely surrounded me.

“Hi, we meet again’ and, this time you are not getting away. Boys, bring him down.” While he flicked his fingers to order his men.

The last thing I remembered that I was badly beaten by them but challenged to fight them alone. When the gansters are gone, I checked my watch and it was already 11:45am. I saw the necklace on the floor and quickly picked it up. It was the only item left by my mother. I breathe in and out and ran to the hotel as fast as I could. I ignore the pains and the bruise on my body.  

I stepped into the hotel and without thinking, I randomly run past a few hallways. I have no idea where to go. Just then, I come across a white door in front of me. Without any hesitation, I swung opened the door and rushed in.

“Sorry I am late!” I yelled. I was panting very hard but at least I make it. There was silent in the room. I looked up and 6 pair of eyes (exclude the black suit man as he was looking at his watch) was widened in shock by my sudden appearance. I ran out of energy and fell on the floor. My body is still in pain from previous fight.

“Finally, all the seven boys had arrived. Huh. What happened to you? You are all cover with bruise.” The black suited man asked me. 

I don’t feel like to explained my situation so I just lie to him that I fell while coming to here.

He looked at me for a few minutes and disappeared to another room. While he was gone, a tall boy came to me and helps me up to the seat. I was yelping in pain. Those bastard gangsters did not go easy on me. Before I know it, the rest of the boys started surround me. I don’t get used people standing near at me.

“Hey gwenchanayo?” the tall boy asked me. I just nod to him to assure I am find. I then looked away.

”Youngjae hyung, he looks terrible,” said the boy with a cute face.

“Ha, maybe he got himself a gang fight. Look at him...” before the red hair boy could finish his sentence, he got smack form the headphone boy.

“Hey what that for!” The red hair rolled his eyes and yell at the person who smacked him.

“Just shut up will ya! And beside I am your hyung. Show some respect here.” Yelled the older.

Before the red hair protest, a skinny boy tugged on his shirt calling him.

“Junho hyung…” He shows him his cute puppy.

“Fine!” He gave in and pulled the skinny boy to the other side of the table and sit. His eyes still at glaring at the headphone boy.

“Pabo” I did not reliaze that I say the word loudly that all of them turned their heads to me.

“What did you say!” the headphone boy and the red hair sent their dead glares to me. I sent them a cold face and looked away.

“I hate this arrogant little brat” said the headphone boy.

“Ya, me too!”

I saw a girl… erm not it’s a boy was staring at me. From all the commotion, he did not spoke one word. He face was expressionless. He did not laugh or smiled. What up with him?

A first aid kit dropped infront of me on the table. I was nearly jumped by the sudden object. I turned and looked at that black suited me with anger. Not only the group here piss me off, even this man pissed me off. I regret coming today to this place.

“Treat yourself the injuries” he smirked at me and left.

I sighted and opened the first aid kit. The tall boy came and helps me to treat my injuries. I never looked at him closely but he has a cool, calm and maturate image. He introduced himself while treating my injuries.

“Annyeonghasaeyo, called me Youngjae. What yours?”

“Kim Chung Hee, called me Heenim.” He nodded as I introduce myself. He started to point each of the boys in the room.

“The boy with a headphone Eunwoo, the oldest of the group. The cute boy over there is Sangmin. The two boys sitting there are Junho, the red hair and Jeremie, the shy one. Lastly, that one is Suhoon. He is a mute.”

I nodded and looked to Suhoon.

All the boys continue to talk to each other that they did not notice someone is watching at them. He was watching them from the monitor.

“My boys are finally here. Let’s get the party started.” The figure smirks.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I can't wait to update the last person tomorrow so i update now. I know i got mistakes in my english but just bare with me. My english is not my best language. Pleas don't hate me for making Chung Hee hurts. I don't know why i write this. I am very very Sorry. I felt bad of writing this chapter.