Park Eunwoo

We are brothers

Rinnnng!  The final school bell had finally rung and woke me up from my beauty sleep. I slightly open my eyes and straightened up my body. I gave a loud yawn and glanced around the classroom. All the students had left except me. I shrugged and packed all my stuffs to my bag and left the room. I took out my mp3 and start playing the song through my headphone.

I come out of the school gate and stared at the sky. I sighed. What a boring day. I decided to take a short cut to the alley sine the way to home is long.

A mysterious man showed up from now where and scared me to death. I could not see clearly his face as he is wearing a sunglass. He was dressed in black from head to toe. He stood in front of me with a smirk on his face.

Man, he is tall. I feel like I am a dwarf compared to him. I looked at him and positioned myself if the man trying to do something funny. All I know that he stood there motionless, staring at me through his sunglass. I guess.

“Park Eunwoo?” the man asked with a deep low voice. He did not move at all and keep looking at my direction.

I gulped and nodded to the man. His words sent shivers down my spine.

I was in deep thought of wondering how he knows my name. I came back from reality that I saw the man handed a white envelope to me. I hesitate for a while, and then I took the envelope from him.  I tore open the envelope and inside it was an invitation card. The front of the card had my name printed in gold. I flipped open the card and it stated:

You are inviting to attend a special gathering at the XXX Hotel this coming Sunday.

This is the only words that written on the card.

“What the…” before I could look up and said something, the man is gone. I widened my eyes in shock. Is he a ghost or what? I stared blankly on the card. What to do? Should I go? It getting late, I better hurry home. I think about it later at home.

 

Three days later

I was waiting at the lift lobby and pressing against the lift’s button impatiently. As usual, I was listening my music through the head phone. There were some people staring at me but I ignored it. How am I suppose to know which floor should I go to. Then, someone tap my shoulder. I looked back and saw it was the man that I met three days ago. He still wears the sunglass.  He signaled me to follow him.

I was touching my necklace nervously as the man led me to a long hallway. The walk was awkward. I tried to bring the mood up by talking to him.

“So where are we going?”

“You’ll see,” replied the man

I groaned at the man as he never gives me an answer I want.

Finally, we reached at a door. The man opened the door and signals me to go in first. I took a peek at the room and found out that the room is luxurious. There was a long dining table with chairs in the centre of the room. I guess there will be more guests coming and I am the first one to reach.

I tried to look for the man again but he disappeared. He disappeared again! I laughed softly to myself and headed to the dining table. I took one of the seats and start tapping the table. I felt thirsty. I lifted a glass of water in front of me and drink it. Then I heard the sound of the door slammed open. I looked up and saw a figure standing there.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Was it good enough? I not sure. Please comment so i could improve more.