o21

The Prince and The Pauper
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

It’s been a few months after Haeri’s mom’s passed away and both Haeri and L.joe are on their semester break after a hectic four months of finishing the assignments and exams. It was a bright sunny day where Haeri was sweeping the floor when her phone suddenly vibrated and it was a text from U-Kwon.

 

 

“Haeri-ah~

Should we go out later? It’s been a while…”

 

 

Haeri shrugged whether she should reply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ because her relationship with U-Kwon is just friends right now and not more than that. But nowadays U-Kwon seems wanted to meet her often and she felt that he was trying to be close to her again. After thinking for a while, Haeri decided to reply him and agreed on going out with him.  After she texted U-Kwon, she saw Mr.Lee just came home from his meeting. “Oh, Mr.Lee~” called Haeri as she went near him.

“Oh, yes Haeri… do you need anything?” asked Mr.Lee “y-yeah… I need to talk to you for a minute… can I?” asked Haeri. “Sure… why not?” said Mr.Lee and he brought her to his office room. After they’ve settled down on the couch, Haeri started the conversation. “Um, there’s something I would like to ask…” said Haeri. “I-it’s been a few months mom left me and I really want to thank you for paying my mom’s hospitals bills and for her funeral too…” continued Haeri.

“That was fine to me… I’ve promised you, didn’t I?” said Mr.Lee and smiled. “But there’s something Im confused about… it’s about me staying here….” Said Haeri nervously. She doesn’t know why but usually she would be fine talking with Mr.Lee because L.joe is always next to her. But today, she was having a talk alone with his father. “I-I still think I need the money because my father is a single father and he can’t afford me very well…. So I would like to ask you whether I can still stay and work here…. Can I?” asked Haeri.

That really made Mr.Lee laughed “Haeri-ah… there’s no need for you to be worry about…. I promised you that I’ll handle everything…. Of course you can stay here…. Im not kicking you out just because I don’t need to pay your mom’s hospital bills…. You’re even like my own daughter…” said Mr.Lee and that made Haeri beamed. “Other than that, Im also very thankful to you because you’ve changed my son… he was not the old L.joe anymore… he’s behaving like Lee Byunghun that I used to know before….” Continued Mr.Lee.

“Really? So I did a good job right?” asked Haeri and Mr.Lee chuckled “of course you are dear~” answered Mr.Lee. “Well I guess that’s all I wanted to ask… once again, thank you for everything~” bowed Haeri before she goes. Right after she left the room, her phone vibrated again and it was a text from U-Kwon again.

 

 

“Okay then… we’ll be going to Namsan Tower~

So I’ll pick you up at L.joe’s house at 5 later~”

 

 

“Who’s that?” asked L.joe who came from the dining room while holding a glass of apple juice in his right hands as he went near her. “Yah! Could you please say hello or something?” yelled Haeri in surprised. “arasseo…” said L.joe as he drink his grape juice. “I gotta go and change now~” said Haeri. When she was about to go, L.joe had called for her. “Yah, where are you going? Im not taking you anywhere for today~” said L.joe. Haeri turned the back of her heels and looked towards L.joe. “wae?” asked L.joe

“U-Kwon just asked me to go out to Namsan Tower with him today… and I told him I would go…. He’s picking me up here at 5 later…” answered Haeri. When Haeri mentioned that U-Kwon will be coming here to pick her up, L.joe almost spit his juice. “What? That dude will come here?!” surprised L.joe. “Yah, don’t be mad…. He was just picking me up… not meeting you…” said Haeri. “Anyway, I really gotta change now… so, see ya!” said Haeri and she ran upstairs into her room to get change. Meanwhile, after Haeri had left, L.joe sat on the sofa in the living room and let out his deep sigh. *I guess they

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter