oo1

The Prince and The Pauper
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Haeri was in her small kitchen at their apartment, making some breakfast for her father who was about to go to work in a few minutes. Every morning, since she was in school this is her routine. Her job is to replace her mom responsibilities who had a coma since a year before she graduated from school due to a tragic accident that happened in front of her school when her mom was about to pick her up from school. Whenever Haeri remembered those scene, she felt sad and blamed herself because she made her mom waiting for her at the bus stop nearby her school. If and only if the bus driver drives properly and stop at the red light, no accidents will be happen on the beautiful day.

After she finished cooking her fried rice, she turned off the stove and place the friend on two plates for her, and her father. “The smells was really delicious!” said Mr. Min who just got dressed and combing his hair and went to the kitchen to take a look on his only daughter. “Alright, breakfast is ready!” said Haeri happily and place the two plates on a small table for both of them to have their breakfast. Mr. Min took a bite of the fried rice and it tastes delicious. “Was it salty?” asked Haeri as she took a spoonful of the fried rice. “Just like how your mom cooks~” complimented Mr. Min to his daughter.

At the mention of her mom, Haeri literally smiled. “What are you going to do for today?” asked Mr. Min as he took a sip of his hot tea. “Well, I’ll be working in a newly opened café at the town near here. When Mr. Min listened that his daughter will be working again as a part timer, he put down his cup and wiped his mouth. He studied her face for a while and noticed the tiredness from her eyes after working so much right after she graduated from school. “Don’t you want to continue your studies?” asked Mr. Min suddenly.

Haeri stops eating and looked to her father. “Dad, as much as I love studying but in our condition with mom who is in the hospital, I choose to work because I want to help you~” answered Haeri. “Plus, It’s because you and mom are my first priority, not studying~” smiled Haeri. Mr. Min sighed and drank his last cup of tea. “Alright, if you say so….” Said Mr. Min and smiled.

Right after Haeri bid her father a goodbye, she got ready and change her attire to visit her mom at the hospital before she goes to work. While Haeri was walking to the bus stop, she saw that the flowers were blooming prettily. She can’t help but to touch at the flowers and smiled. *it would be very nice if I could take a walk everyday with mom on this spring day* thought Haeri. Meanwhile, L.joe was driving on around the neighbourhood. Then, he saw a girl which is Haeri was looking at the flowers that were dangling from someone’s house.

*what’s with this girl?* thought L.joe. While Haeri was so into at the flowers, L.joe suddenly pressed the accelerator and drives in speed past Haeri. “OH MY-“shouted Haeri in surprised and move to side. “The driver of that car almost got me killed! Haishh is he drunk?” said Haeri furiously looking at the black sports car. After she calmed down, she walked to the bus stop and waited for the bus.

 

As soon as Haeri reached the hospital, she went to her mom’s ward and went near her bed. Her mom was lying on the bed like usual. No movement, smiles and greetings from her mom. Then, she took a bowl and filled it with warm water. Then, she took a towel and began to wipe her mom’s face, hands feet because her skin was too dry after lying on the bed for a whole without any movement. Right after she’s done, she saw that it’s almost 10 o’ clock and she need to get ready to work. Before she leaves, she went near her mom and kissed her forehead. “Get well soon” muttered Haeri. Before she closed the door, she took one last glance of her mom and thought, “I love you”. With those three word, Haeri closed the door and leave the hospital.

 

-----------

 

Haeri was at the café being a cashier on her first day. Even though it was only her first day of work, Haeri found fun working there. The employees were very friendly and the owner of the café goes by the name of Lee Chanhee or her preferred to be called as Chunji, was very fun and friendly too. Suddenly, a couple just entered the café. Haeri noticed that he told to have a sit and he will take the order. Then, when they guy reached the cashier and as soon as he took off his sunglasses to look at the menu, Haeri’s jaw almost drop. Because this guy is drop dead handsome but she do not know this is the guy who almost got her killed this morning.

“M-may I know your order, sir?” stuttered Haeri while looking at his flawless face. “Give me one hot cappuccino and one Americano…” said L.joe “and make it fast” continued L.joe without even looking at Haeri but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter