o12

The Prince and The Pauper
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Then who is he to you?” asked L.joe again while staring at her face wanted to know her answer. “Do you really want to know?” asked Haeri and L.joe nodded. “I used to date him before,” said Haeri and L.joe was surprised. “we broke up on our last day of school because of his mom… she doesn’t like U-Kwon to date poor people like me… so, his mom found a girl and they’re engaged as soon as we finished school…” said Haeri slowly remembering those scenes and it almost brought her into tears again.

“they’ve engaged without me knowing it and I found that he went out together with her…. so, I meet up with him asking for a break up,” said Haeri and swallowed the lump in to prevent her from crying. “I thought he wouldn’t but he did. He broke up with me in front of his girlfriend or fiancée I should say.” Continued Haeri.

“it’s  been a few years we haven’t meet and I was surprised to see him in the campus… so, I pretended that nothing happen and just be friends with him…” said Haeri “and I found out that he’s not together with his fiancée anymore~” said Haeri and ended her story with a smiles. “o-oh…” said L.joe as he stares at her and when suddenly, he curled a strand of Haeri’s hair behind her ears. *that guy is an idiot for leaving you* thought L.joe. When L.joe did that, Haeri’s heart was beating very fast again. *why am I like this again* thought Haeri.  Little by little, without both of them realize they had fallen towards each other.

 

--------------

 

A few weeks later, after they’ve returned from business trip to the Osaka, both of them were starting back with their daily routine. One day, while Haeri was on her way to the library, she saw Anna was sitting together at the back of their faculty. She thought that guy who was next to her, was L.joe. But then, it was other senior. Both of them were sitting next to each other which that senior would put his arms around her and so on. *isn’t she with Byunghun?* thought Haeri when suddenly, while she was hiding from them, a voice just startled her.

“What are you doing there?” Haeri was startled as she turned her back and saw L.joe. “B-Byunghun!” called Haeri softly not wanting Anna to know.  *he shouldn’t know about this* thought Haeri. “You shouldn’t be here.” Said Haeri as she dragged him to go away from that place. “Yah, let go.” Said L.joe as she try to pry his hands from her. “Anna was waiting for me~” said L.joe and finally when they’ve reached the café, Haeri let his hands go. “What is wrong with you? What did you see there?” asked L.joe and judging from his looks Haeri know that he was kind of mad.

Haeri shook her head “N-nothing… I just squirrel and it’s chasing me!” lied Haeri. *gosh im not a good liar* thought Haeri. “tch, I think the squirrel is the one who afraid and ran away from you~” said L.joe and rolled his eyes. “By the way, you’re going with me today…. I’ll be waiting in the car… Mr. Seo told me that you need to help Aunt Lina with some works at home….” Said L.joe and Haeri nodded. “Alright, I’ll be at the library with U-Kwon…. So, see you later~” waved Haeri and walked away to the library.

When Haeri reached the library, she saw that U-Kwon was waiting for her at the table while typing something on his laptop and she went near him. “You’re early~” whispered Haeri as she took her seats. “neh, you’re only 5 minutes late~” smiled U-Kwon. “Should we start with the discussion?” asked U-Kwon and Haeri nodded. “im ready~” said Haeri and both of them starts discussing with their assignments. While they were having their discussion Haeri’s mind keep on thinking about L.joe. *will he be okay?* thought Haeri as she sighed.

U-Kwon who was in the middle of explaining his point, heard her sigh. “Haeri?” called U-Kwon. “Are you alright?” asked U-Kwon. “Oh- y-yeah… im alright~” said Haeri and gave him her dry smiles. “U-Kwon?” called Haeri “should we end our discussion today?” asked Haeri. “Eh? We still haven’t got the issues for this topic yet…” said U-Kwon. “im sorry, I promise that tomorrow, we will finish it off…. I really has to go now…” explained Haeri. “im really sorry,” said Haeri as she took her bags and went out from the library.

She doesn’t know why, but she feels really bad to L.joe and she really has to let him know before he sees it by himself. *where is he?* thought Haeri as she was looking for him around the faculty. Then, she saw a crowd of students were gathering together at one place. *what are they looking at?* thought Haeri in curious as she went near them. To her surprised, Haeri saw L.joe and Anna was standing in front of him while she touch her cheeks.

“Did you see that? L.joe sunbae just slapped her~” whispered a girl who was standing next to her. *he what

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter