Hyuk

His Presence

During the live broadcast of their interview, Hongbin and Hyuk doesn't talk much. The make up barely hide their pale faces as during the live interview, a few fans asked through the programme's official page if the two maknaes are sick. Ken is the one who answered it since Hongbin is only half awake, he's not quite aware of his surrounding. Because he rarely get sick, once he does, it's really bad. The meds he took would usually make him delirious and maybe a little 'high'. As for Hyuk, his condition is much worse than Hongbin's. 

Like now, the interview has just ended and the staffs are busy packing up when Hyuk suddenly starts retching. He didn't make it to the toilet so he ends up soiling his clothes with his own vomit. Leo is at his side in matter of seconds, rubbing circles into his back, trying to soothe him. Most of the staffs and the remaining members, except Hongbin who has fallen asleep and N who look like he couldn't care less, come fussing over the maknae.

Ken assures that Hyuk is fine and ask for them to give some space. Luckily they understand. Leo takes of Hyuk's soiked clothes and replaces it with his own sweater. 

"I'll  take him to the van. "He tells the manager who nods and ushers the other members to quickly pack their things. 

 

 

Due to Hongbin and Hyuk's condition, all their group schedules for the week are either cancelled or postponed. Same goes for their personal schedules. However, the other members personal schedules still goes on as planned. Thus, they take turns to look after the maknaes, except N. 

N is always absent in the dorm and even when he's present, he stays in his room. He doesn't even bother checking up on the maknaes to make sure they're still alive or something. He keeps to himself and whenever the members run into him when he's in the kitchen or living room, he always have either and irritated look or blank expression on his face. 

 

 

4 days have passed and the maknaes' condition still hasn't improved. If anything, it seems to have worsened. The doctor whom the manager called to check on them has suggested that they take them to the hospital but Hongbin has wailed as if he's trying to break the mirrors when Leo tells him that they're going to take them to the hospital so they're forced to just take care of them at home. 

That night, it's Ravi and Ken's turn to look after the maknaes since Leo has his musical show rehearsal. Ken has fallen asleep as soon as he finished feeding the maknaes their meds. When Hongbin and Hyuk has drifted off to the dream land as well, Ravi takes that chance to grab something to eat from the kitchen. 

Just then, he sees N who is walking into his own room with a glass if water in his hands. Ravi couldn't help but feels a bit dissapointed at the leader. He wonders if the leader really doesn't care about them anymore. 

"Hyung."he calls after N before N could close the door of his room. 

For a split second, N looks surprised but then it changes to irritation. 

"Can we talk for a while? "Ravi asks. 

N hesitates but then places his glass of water on the nightstand and motions for Ravi to come in. 

"I know I'm not in the position to say this to you, hyung, but please listen. "

"What is it? "N demands, impatient. 

"I know that diary is really precious to you... "Ravi glances at the remnants of the diary at the other side of the bed. "But is it more precious than the two people who helped you make the memories that you wrote in it? Is it more valuable than Hongbin and Hyuk?  Is it worth hating them for something you can replace? "

N glares at him. "Something I can replace? Tell me, how do I replace all the memories in there? "

"You can make new ones, new memories.  But if Hyuk and Hongbin are gone, your new memories wouldn't be complete, would they? "This time,N doesn't reply. Ravi sighs as he stands up to leave. "I'm sorry if I offend you, hyung. "

Once Ravi is gone, N laughs to himself. "They care about Hyuk, they care about Hongbin... but they never care about me. "He swallows the meds which he just take out from his drawer with the glass of water before covering himself with his blanket. 

"Goodnight, Hakyeon. "He whispers to himself, longing to hear those words from someone. 

 

 

N is woken up from his deep sleep by Ken's loud voice. He groaned in frustration as he walks out of his room, his head throbbing painfully only to see Ken screaming incoherently in his phone. He manages to catch some words which are 'Hyuk' and 'Help'. 

Something attracts N to take a look into Hongbin and Hyuk's shared room while Ken is busy calling for someone. Pure fear shot through his whole being when he sees Hongbin shaking Hyuk's body. Hyuk doesn't seem to be awake, his whole body is strained, his face red and sweating and his eyes, only the white parts are visible. 

Not really thinking, N runs into the bathroom and fills the bath tub with cold water and even some ice. Then, he returns to the maknaes' room before forcefully taking Hyuk away from Hongbin's embrace. He carries Hyuk in his arms into the bathroom and carefully lowers him into the bathtub. 

A few seconds passed and Hyuk suddenly starts trashing around. Once he realise that it is N who is with him, he starts screaming. "HYUNG! I'M SORRY! I'M COLD! PLEASE DON'T HURT ME! "

Ken who initially doesn't realise what N was doing, froze when he hears Hyuk's scream. "Where's Hyuk?! "He asks after he rushes to the maknaes'  room. 

Crying, Hongbin tells him that N took Hyuk away. Just then, another scream erupted and Ken is quickly able to guess where it came from. 

"HYUNG, OPEN UP! PLEASE DON'T HURT HYUK! HE'S SICK! HYUNG PLEASE! OPEN THE DOOR, HYUNG! "Ken begs, banging on the locked bathroom door. In fear, he once again tries to get hold of Leo. 

"Hyung! Please come home! Hakyeon-hyung... he's hurting Hyuk! I don't know what to do! Please, hyung! "