Jealous

His Presence

After taking Ravi to his room and trying to make him comfortable so that he can rest properly, N stands by the bed. He notices the dark eye bags under the rapper's eyes and he knows the latter must have pushed himself through exhaustion these days. 

"Sleep well, Wonshik. "

When he opens the door,  he isn't surprised to see Hongbin and Hyuk there. It seems like the two of them has been waiting for him to come out. 

Hongbin and Hyuk look at each other nervously, as if they're caught doing something bad. It also seems like they're waiting to be scolded. 

"I'm going back to the hospital to see Jaehwan. "N informs them. 

"Y-yes, hyung. "Hongbin stutters, not knowing what else to say. 

"Go get ready if you want to come with me. "N offer is totally unpredictable to both of them but they nodded and hurried to get dressed properly. 

 

 

When N enters the ward with Hyuk and Hongbin behind him, he sees Ken clenching his teeth with a pained expression on his face. 

"Does it hurt again? "N asks quietly. Ken cracks his eyes open but remain silent. "Did you call the nurse? "

Ken nods.

"They couldn't help? "N remembered what the doctor told him last night. 

Another nod. 

N sits down at the edge of the bed and very carefully carded his fingers through Ken's hair. Ken let himself relax as the pain subsided and a contented sigh escaped his lips. 

 Hyuk looks at them enviously. He wants N to do that to him, too. He wants to be close to N again. 

How is Ken special enough to get treated that way? 

Is it because he's hurt? 

Is it because he's lying on the hospital bed right now?

Then should Hyuk be hurt too so that N will treat him like that?  

Should he be lying on the hospital bed too? 

"I'm going out for a while. "Hyuk mutters to no one in particular. He couldn't stand watching the leader be all caring and sweet to Ken. He's jealous. 

He doesn't realise it but he has somehow walked out of the hospital and by the main road. He absent mindedly stare at the heavy traffic and a thought pop into his mind. 

What if he's hit by a car? He'll get hurt, right? 

If that happen, then N will care for him as well, right? He'll finally get the leader's attention after so long. That'll be nice. 

But what if getting hit by a car doesn't just injure him? What if it kill him? 

'Then Hakyeon-hyung will miss me a lot. That's nice too. '

No pain no gain, right? 

Hyuk smile at the thought of finally getting N's attention and step forward.

Into the heavy traffic and in the way of a bus.