Awake

His Presence

Feeling so tired since he haven't rested since that morning, N fell asleep as soon as Leo left. He doesn't bother getting into a more comfortable position as he land his head on the side of Ken's bed. 

He was able to stay in his dream land for a few hours until he is awaken from his sleep by the sound of bed creaking and a quiet cry. 

"Jaehwan? "He says in alert, just realising that Ken is writhing in agony on the bed, holding his head with a scrunched face. Without wasting any time, he  quickly press the emergency button on the wall. Repeatedly. It scares him to see Ken like that. 

N steps away when a doctor and a nurse enter the room, giving them some space to check on . He turn his head away when Ken lets out a very shrilling scream. It sounds like he's being tortured. When the scream reaches another octave, N leaves the room. He couldn't bear to hear it. 

Even when the doctor and nurse had stepped out of the room as well, Ken's scream still hasn't ceased. 

"What's wrong with him? Why's he screaming? "N questions. 

"It's an expected side effect from the concussion. If this I any usual case, we probably can give him some sedative to reduce the pain but since your brother's concussion is quite bad, we can't. We don't want to risk him getting into a coma. "The doctor explains regretfully. 

"Then how? You're just gonna leave him like that?! "

"I'm really sorry but there's nothing we can do. You should be with him, maybe you can help him calm down. But please don't let him have any painkiller. "The doctor advises before walking away. 

N has no other choice but to step into the room again. Ken is still screaming but now he's gripping the bed's sheet so hard that his knuckles turn white and the sheet seem to have ripped a bit.

"Jaehwan-ah... "He calls out softly. Ken couldn't react since he's in so much pain. 

N reaches out his hand and hesitantly laid it over Ken's clenched one. He's afraid that his touch might make Ken's pain worse but that's the only effort he can do. 

Ken's fingers slowly relaxed at the simple touch and N couldn't be any more relieved. "Does it hurt that bad? "The leader whispers eventhough he knows it's such a stupid question. 

N gathers some more of his courage and moves his hand toward Ken's face, carefully caressing his cheek. 

This time, Ken's mouth closes and the screaming stopped. He opens his eyes at the comfort given by the leader. "Hakyeon-hyung... "

"Yes, Jaehwan. I'm here. "N answers, still caressing the main vocalist's cheek. 

"Am I... your friend? "Ken heard the 'Jaehwan' very loud and clear. 

"You're my brother. "

 

 

♡♡♡♡♡☆☆☆☆☆♡♡♡♡♡☆☆☆☆☆♡♡♡♡♡

A/N  Please don't trust any of the medical thingy. I just made them up. 

A fast update for your wonderful comments~

I love you too!