Effort

His Presence

N is getting his make up done when one of the staff approach him with a small plastic bag.

"N-shi, someone delivered this for you. A fan probably. "

"Ah, thank you. "N says, taking the plastic bag from her and peeking into it. There's a few bottles of banana milk and some cookies. 

Just then, his phone beeps indicating a text. 

'Hope you like it, hyung. Fighting! ' 

N couldn't suppres a smile. "Thanks, Jaehwan. "Yes, Jaehwan. Despite what he said about not considering Ken as his friend, deep down, Ken was and forever will be his friend. Although maybe sometimes he let his emotion take the best of him, he doesn't mean almost all the things he said. Almost. 

For the rest of his shooting weeks, he never failed to receive his banana milks and some snacks which are either from Ken or his other members. He knows it's their effort to soften his heart and he admits he's already forgiven them but he won't tell them that. No, of course not. 

He believes that their sweet talks and caring acts are temporary.  They won't last for long. Especially not after he had open up his heart for them again. He refuse to get his hope up. No,since he's been dissapointed too many times. 

For him, each of s are now wearing a mask to cover up their hatred for him. They're good actors, he's sure of that. 

'How long will it take for you to give up, guys? I can see through your facade.  I basically raised you and you think you can fool me? '

 

 

2 months have passed since N left their dorm. Each day, the tension among the remaining members risen. They had reached a point where they stopped talking to each other as they mind their own business. It's like living with a group of strangers.  Arguments are daily occurrence now, it's like treading on ice; just waiting for the time to crack and finally break. 

That day, Ken came home late after his schedule. He doesn't bother greeting Ravi who's working on his music sheet at the living room. Instead, he walks off to the kitchen and grab himself a glass if water. 

However, as he was about to enter his room,somehow, in his drowsy state, he manages to trip over a stray cable causing him to fall face first and spill the water on Ravi's music sheet. 

Rather than concerning over Ken, Ravi quickly snatch his music sheet as he try to save it from further damage. "WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?! "

Ken slowly sits up with an obvious bruise on his forehead. He looks up at Ravi, muttering a "Sorry... " but it isn't enough to soothe Ravi's anger which is mostly caused by stress and lack of rest rather than at the incident. 

"SORRY?! "Not in his straight mind, Ravi strike Ken with his fist, causing the elder's head to once again hit the floor with a loud thud. A VERY loud thud. "DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD I WORKED FOR THIS?! "

There's no response from Ken because this time, he doesn't sit back up. 

He doesn't even move.