Diary

His Presence

N leaves the dorm before any of the members wake up just to avoid running into Leo. Throughout the day, he keeps himself busy with his schedules in which he's so thankful because there's no group schedule for that day.  He purposely ignores the calls and texts from Leo who's trying to apologize. 

When it's almost midnight, he finally gives in to exhaustion and heads back to the dorm. As soon as he enters, he's pounced by Hongbin and Hyuk. 

"Hyung, we're really sorry! We didn't mean to! We're sorry! "Hongbin says desperately. 

"Sorry for what? "

Hyuk slowly reveals the thing he has been hiding behind him and N's eyes widen. It's his diary, or maybe the remnant of it. His diary, his most prized possession, the one he has kept since he was a trainee, the one where he wrote all his dreams, the hardships he has been through and all his memory as an idol, is now nothing more than a lump of useless wet papers. He reaches out to take it and some pages fall off, the writings can no longer be read. 

"We were trying to look for the comic in your drawer so I took your diary out and when I tried to put it back, I accidentally spilled the glass of water on your nightstand over it... " Hongbin explains, close to tears. 

N doesn't know how to react. Of course he's angry but he's more devastated than angry. 

"I'm really sorry, hyung... "

N opens his mouth to say something but no words come out. He knows nothing he says or do would change the fact that his diary is no more so he just shakes his head and leaves for his room. 

 

 

When N enters the kitchen the next morning, Ken and Ravi are there. Both of them can sense N's foul mood as he doesn't greet them like he usually do. 

"Who is this for? "N asks in a demanding tone as he holds up the bottle of fever medicines which Ravi just took out from the drawer. 

"Hyuk and Hongbin. They're sick. Maybe because they slept in the living room last night. "Ravi says. 

N's expression doesn't change even as  he grabs his phone and calls their manager. "Hello, hyung? The maknaes are sick so can you cancel their schedules for today? "

"All of you have a live broadcast in the afternoon so no. Sorry, N. Tell them to take some meds and I'll come pick all of you in 4 hours. "

"Alright then. Thanks anyway, hyung. "Ignoring Ken and Ravi who are waiting for him to say something, N walks off to the bathroom. 

 

 

Leo looks up from where he's trying to spoon feed Hongbin when N walks into the room, hair dripping wet. All he wants at that moment is to jump to his feet and apologize to N until he forgives him but he forces himself to stay still as to not make the maknaes worried if the two oldest start arguing. 

"Eat up and take your meds. We have schedule at 11. "N says, not even glancing at Leo. 

"H-hyung, please forgive us."Hyuk says weakly. 

N pays him no attention and he was about to leave the room when Hongbin suddenly get off the bed and kneels on the floor. 

"Please, hyung! Forgive me... please... "he begs, bowing so low that his forehead touches the cold tiled floor. Leo is shocked to see him do such thing so he forcefully grabs him by his arm and pulls him to stand up. 

"No. "N's response is short but enough to make Hongbin starts crying again. 

"I will do anything you want, hyung! Please forgive me! "Hongbin says desperately but N remains with his decision. 

Leo couldn't take it anymore as he feels Hongbin's temperature starts rising again so he pushes the maknae to lie back down before grabbing N by the wrist and dragging him out of the room. He knows that he himself is in conflict with N and by doing this, maybe he'll never be forgiven but for now, the maknaes are way more important. He couldn't bear to see them being treated that way by someone they really look up to. 

"What's wrong, Hakyeon? What did they do to you that you couldn't forgive them even when they're sick like that? "

N turns away, ignoring him and in the same time trying to make Leo let go of him but Leo's grip is too strong. 

"Come on, tell me. It couldn't be that bad. They're just kids after all. "

N shot him a look. "So you're blaming me? Is it my fault? Why don't you go ask those kids? "N pushes him as hard as he could and leaves before he can react.