chapter 8

13:00 am

"Everything you need is in this folder. Identification card, documents, everything. Just remember the system like I've told you. Our money and human's money are almost similar. They will not trace the different. Make sure you have enough money" Kyungsoo reminded.

Areum checked the folder. Satisfied, the girl smiled to the ears. Areum spent her three days in Quera World wisely. She did not want to waste her short 'vacation' with something petty. Areum followed Kyungsoo to his university and spent her times in the library there, looking for human regarding information.

As much as Areum, Kyungsoo was busy looking for this and that, trying his best to assist Areum. Thanks to his brainy brain, human's system was easily hacked. Kyungsoo even sacrificed his time to accompany Areum at the library. As soon as he finished his class, Kyungsoo would go straight to the library and teach Areum important stuff.

"Thank you Kyungsoo. You've help a lot" Areum tapped Kyungsoo's cheek lightly. It was a habit she could not change. Kyungsoo's cheek was irresistably adorable!

"Don't" Kyungsoo tried to dodge but Areum was faster. The girl got hold of Kyungsoo's face and pinch his cheek, causing it to redden a tad. Kyungsoo shove Areum away and rubbed his hurt cheek. Areum chortled, ignoring the glare from Kyungsoo.

"By the way, you don't want to meet your parents before you go?" Kyungsoo's question sent Areum's mood down to the lowest base.

Kyungsoo accompanied Areum to see her parents. Mr and Mrs Song were very glad to see Areum to the point Mrs Song cried but thing went different with Areum. She kept her stoic expression and delivered the news which wrenched her parents' poor heart. Kyungsoo still remembered how dejected her parents that day. 

"No. You've said yourself they are sad. If I see them before I go, it will hurt them more isn't it?" Areum rolled her eyes. She plopped herself on the couch and crossed her legs nonchalantly. Kyungsoo shook his head. This stubborn girl!

"Let's not talk about this. Come here, tell me how can I make Baekhyun's Qweit increase" Areum beckoned Kyungsoo to sit beside her. Kyungsoo massaged his temple. Areum seriously was giving him a major headache.

Despite his reluctance, Kyungsoo looked for Baekhyun's data. It was no other than for Areum. To Kyungsoo's surprise, the pitiful man he was in charged before ended up being Baekhyun! His Qweit was still low and yesterday it was lower. His opportunity to live longer was almost zero but it was not wrong to try.

"How? You already know, aren't you? Just make him happy then we're done!" Kyungsoo exclaimed as he got to Areum's side. Areum rolled her eyes in annoyance. She grabbed a cushion next to her and threw it right into Kyungsoo's face.

"What?! Did I say something wrong?" Kyungsoo grunted. 

"Kyungsoo-ssi. I know the fact that human need to be happy to elevate their Qweit. It's a basic! Do you think I'm that stupid?!" Areum rebuked. Kyungsoo rubbed his face in frustration.

"Then what? What?!" Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. A sheepish smile formed on Areum's face. Kyungsoo cocked a brow.

"How to make Baekhyun happy. I need your idea" Areum giggled.

"Go and ask Baekhyun himself! Why did you ask me? I'm not his friend. I'm just his Quera. Opss..EX Quera" Kyungsoo emphasized the EX part just to make Areum clear with his situation.

"Baekhyun is a man. You're too. So I need your opinion what does man like" Areum batted her eyelashes.

"But not all men have the same interest" Kyungsoo crossed his arm.

"Kyungsoo-yaaa" Areum shook Kyungsoo's shoulder lightly and made a cute face. Kyungsoo tried his best to resist but his heart was weak for Areum. Kyungsoo let out a sigh.

"Fine. Let me think" Kyungsoo relented.

"Yes! That's my boy! Okay. So what's your idea?" Areum immediately took a pen and a paper, prepared to jot down all ideas from the brainy brain of Kyungsoo.

"How about present? Everyone loves present" Kyungsoo suggested.

"What can I give as present? I don't know what does he like" Areum sighed.

"If that's the case, take him to any shop. Then buy it for him. I think it's okay too" Kyungsoo gave Areum his idea.

"Ooooo good! Thanks Kyungsoo-yaaa!!" Areum immediately lunged towards Kyungsoo and hugged the latter.

"Areum-ah! Ya!" 

...

Baekhyun tidied up his apartment after cooking dinner for his father. Luckily Hyoju had helped him earlier before she left. When Baekhyun arrived, he noticed the woman had cooked the rice and hung all the clothes. So he just had to cook some dish and folded all the dried clothes.

Having Hyoju in his life was a bless for him. If not for Hyoju, Baekhyun did not think he could survive until now. He was like a mom for him. Hyoju offered her hand for him, pulling him from falling into a deep hole in his life. Sometimes Baekhyun felt he was a burden to Hyoju but he just could not help it.

Baekhyun was sweeping off some dust on the furniture when he noticed his father was standing by the window. The old man was gazing at the night view. Curious, Baekhyun stepped closer to Beomseok and stood right beside him. He followed Beomseok's gaze, trying to figure out what was intriguing Beomseok.

"What are you looking at?" Baekhyun's question met a silence. 

"Do you want to go outside?" Baekhyun asked again.

It had been a while since Baekhyun brought Beomseok out. He admityed he was busy with overtime work. He needed to make more money to survive. Life expanses was increasing. Beomseok's medicine was not cheap either.

"Beomie wants to go outside" Beomseok muttered with his eyes still glued at the view outside. Baekhyun cracked a smile. His hand raised to Beomseok's head and slowly it. 

"Okay. We'll find a day" Baekhyun remarked. 

"Yeay! Hyunie wants to take Beomie out!" Beomseok cheered, bringing Baekhyun to a laughter. A call came and immediately his laughter died.

Yejin..

Like the air around him was dwindling, Baekhyun had a tough time to breath. His chest felt like it was pressed with something heavy. He would be lying if his break up with Yejin did not affect him at all. They dated since high school. He thought Yejin understood him but he was wrong and it dissappointed him.

Baekhyun switched off his phone.

He needed to move on

...

Chanyeol turned off his noisy alarm. Lazily, Chanyeol shot up from his comfort bed. He had a photoshoot at 10. So the guy had to wake up early. He did not want to dissappoint his client though. Slowly, Chanyeol trudged towards his bathroom.

Washed his face, brushed his teeth, Chanyeol stepped out and made his way to his kitchen. Since Areum was not here, he did not have the spirit to make breakfast. He admitted he felt lonely. A glass of milk was more than enough.

Chanyeol then opened up his cabinet and took out a box of medicine. No one knew about this secret. Baekhyun was not exempted. Chanyeol suffered from idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. As complicated as its name, this disease was complicated. It had no cure and unidentified disease. 

"What are you taking?" Chanyeol was startled by a girl's voice. Chanyeol almost choked.

"A-areum!" Chanyeol wiped the side of his mouth. He hastily shoved the medicine back to his cabinet. Suspicious, Areum stepped closer to Chanyeol.

"Areum! When did you come? How did you get in?" Chanyeol tried to divert the topic.

"Last night. You give me your password remember?" Areum chuckled.

"Ah yes! Sorry I forgot. Well, I just wake up" Chanyeol scratched the back of his head awkwardly. He gave Areum his condominium's password in case Areum wanted to enter but he was not around.

"What did you eat earlier? Is that medicine?" Areum narrowed her eyes suspiciously. Something was fishy.

"Oh that one! That's vitamin. Supplement. I need to stay fit. I want to take my bath. Have a photoshoot" Chanyeol quickly left but stopped after a few steps. He turned around and smiled at Areum.

"I miss you" Chanyeol uttered and scurried away. Areum chuckled.

Her chuckle stopped after Chanyeol vanished from her sight. Her instict was right. Chanyeol lied.

He was ill.

 ...

Areum could not wait to see Baekhyun. The girl was creating plans in her mind. Everything was for Baekhyun. Areum did not have any intention other than making Baekhyun happy. Baekhyun had to live long.

Seeing the cafe's signboard, Areum could not supress her excitedness. The girl scurried to the cafe but then made an abrupt brake. Her eyes caught the sight of Baekhyun but that guy was not serving the customer. He was standing with his head low in front of his boss.

Areum could not caught their conversation but the girl assumed Baekhyun was reprimanded. Everyone in the cafe was staring at them. Baekhyun's expression did not look so good as well. Areum started to worry. Baekhyun could not be sad. It was bad for him!

Without wasting more time, Areum entered the cafe. However nobody was looking at her. Their attention was drawn by the scene of Baekhyun and his boss. 

"I can't believe you did this to me! I trust you but look at what you've done!" Mrs Seo shouted. The woman massaged her temple.

"I didn't do it Mrs Seo" Baekhyun murmured.

"Minseok saw it!" Mrs Seo hissed. Minseok who was standing beside Mrs Seo smirked.

"Mrs Seo, forgive Baekhyun. His father is sick. He has a reason" Minseok feigned sympathy which ticked Baekhyun off. Out of control, Baekhyun grabbed Minseok's collar. He was sensitive when his father was mentioned.

"Don't mention him with your bad mouth. It's disgusting!" Baekhyun spat. He could not supress his anger any longer. His eyes pierced through Minseok. Minseok gulped as it was the first time he saw Baekhyun in that state. Baekhyun was always calm.

"Stop it! Baekhyun stop! Get out of my cafe! You're fired!" Mrs Seo shouted. 

Baekhyun stunned. Slowly, his grip on Minseok's collar weakened. Minseok immediately shoved Baekhyun away. Areum noticed Minseok tried to hide his smile. Minseok was lying. Areum knew it! Minseok was obviously hiding something.

"Mrs Seo. Thanks for everything" Baekhyun took off his apron and made his leave. Baekhyun turned around and surprised to see Areum at the entrance. Their eyes met.

Baekhyun lowered his gaze and left.

...

"Baekhyun wait!" Areum ran as fast as she could. Luckily Baekhyun stopped. The moment Areum arrived, she was panting so hard.

"A-are y-you okay?" Areum struggled to speak. It had been a while since she last sprinted like a mad woman. She was not an athlete though. Sport was not her jam. Baekhyun was about to answer when Areum clammed his mouth.

"Wait!!! No need to answer" Areum shrieked. Areum grabbed Baekhyun's wrist and led him to a place she had planned earlier.

"Where are we going?" Baekhyun asked. He was not in the mood to go anywhere actually but Baekhyun tried to be polite. He did not want to hurt Areum.

"Wait and see" Areum smiled. They continued walking until they reached a department store. Baekhyun furrowed but did not dare to say anything. He followed Areum's trail. He guessed Areum wanted to show him something. Both of them entered the department store.

"Okay we're here!" Areum halted and spread her arm. She turned her body around to see Baekhyun's bewildered face. 

"What are we doing here?" Baekhyun cocked his brow. He really did not have any mood to play around. He was just fired and suddenly a girl brought him to a department store for nothing.

"I want you to pick anything you want here. I will pay. It will make you happy" Areum smiled broadly, showing her arranged teeth. Baekhyun massaged the bridge of his nose. This girl was too much!

"Areum. Listen here. I'm not materialistic! If you think this can make me happy, no. No Areum" Baekhyun spat. He turned around and left.

Areum was speechless.

She did not make Baekhyun happy.

Instead..it worse...

 

 

 

I'm very sorry I take a very long time to update this ff TT I'm very busy with my college activities ugh.. but I will try my best to write every day =D wish me luck TT by the way thanks for reading and subscribing! feel free to comment readers =D  *excuse my grammar..I'm in rush XOXO