Chapter 17

13:00 am

Baekhyun thought he was losing his mind because now he was in the school's compound, looking for Jongin. He just let his feet brought him anywhere that they wished. Cold sweat ran down his spine.

The man hated to admit but yes he was worried. Baekhyun was not that mean to ignore Jongin's safety just because of his poor relationship with Goeun. He was still that man with a tender heart and that day was Jongin's lucky day for getting the opportunity to see that side of Baekhyun.

Fortunately, there were some students left who Baekhyun could ask about Jongin's whereabout. The informations given by the students that he bumped into led Baekhyun to Jongin's class.

It was futile. Jongin was nowhere to be found. Baekhyun ran his slender fingers through his hair. Crease was prominent on his forehead, showing the worrisome state he was put in. Baekhyun checked out his phone, in case Jongin called or texted him but he found nothing.

Feeling despair, Baekhyun walked into the classroom. He did not have a slightest idea how to find Jongin. There were thousands of possibilities circling in his mind. Were Jongin playing truant, did Jongin even come to school, was Jongin's phone ran out of battery, those kind of questions were left without answer.

Suffocated by the thought of Jongin, Baekhyun sauntered towards the window to get some fresh air. It was then his eyes caught a familiar figure at the school backyard. And he was not alone. Squinting his eyes, Baekhyun tried to recognize the boy.

Kim Jongin!

Running as fast his feet could bring him, Baekhyun got out from the classroom, galloping towards the backyard. Unfortunately, Jongin's classroom was located at level 3 which came to be the highest. 

By the time Baekhyun arrived at the scene, Jongin was already on the ground, looking so helpless. There were five guys, acting so tough which disgusted Baekhyun, surrounding Jongin. Judging from their uniform, Baekhyun assumed they were high schoolers who were so stupid that they lost their way to middle school.

"Leave him alone" Baekhyun scowled.

"Woah kid. Now you have a bodyguard as well?" The tallest yet bulky guy which Baekhyun presumed was their leader spoke up. That guy had earing on his left ear and scars scattered on his face. 

Did not even terrified by Baekhyun's warning, the gangster-looking guy grabbed Jongin by the collar and hauled him up to meet his eyes, intended to provoke Baekhyun. Baekhyun's eyes widened to see Jongin's swollen cheek, swollen eyes and bleeding lips. Unwittingly, Baekhyun's hand clenched into a fist

"Poor little brat, cannot even cry for help" the guy said mockingly as Jongin's lips quivered, tried to mutter something. His friends laughed histerically, as if this was kind of joke.

Baekhyun had lost count on how many times he was behaving out of control that day because he was dashing towards the disrespectful gang of high schoolers. Baekhyun's fist landed exactly on the tall guy's cheek, causing Jongin to fall from his grasp.

The guy was surprise by Baekhyun's sudden punch. He did not expect a small-build man could have such a prominent strength. Feeling that his pride was scarred, the guy stood up on his feet and ready to make a counter attack.

Little did he knew he was facing a Hapkido master who had 7 years of experience. Did not aware of that crucial fact, the guy ended up tasting Baekhyun's kick and was thrown on the hard ground. Seeing their leader laying weakly, the rest of them hastily scampered away.

Baekhyun shook his head. Coward. Baekhyun thought to himself. Pacing towards the leader, Baekhyun then crouched down. Grabbing him by his hair, Baekhyun leaned closer to his ear.

"Don't you ever dare to go close to Jongin. If not, I will not let you alone" Baekhyun whispered. A smirk was formed on his face. The guy nodded frantically and made his escape.

Baekhyun shot him a glare before rushing towards Jongin. To Baekhyun's surprise, it did hurt him to see Jongin in such pitiful state. He brought Jongin into his arm and traced Jongin's face that full of injuries here and there.

"Jongin-ah, can you hear me? Jongin-ah" Baekhyun tapped Jongin's cheeks lightly.

"Hyung.." Jongin croaked out. 

"Hold on Jongin-ah, I'll bring you to the doctor. Just hold on okay?" without wasting any time, Baekhyun carried Jongin on his back. 

Jongin felt like all the pain from the hit was vanished. It just felt so good to see how Baekhyun worried about him. Jongin's lips curled upward, forming a smile before the boy's sight became a complete blackness.

Thank you, hyung..

...

The journey's back home from the hospital felt longer than usual and it was strongly felt by Baekhyun and Jongin. Jongin was more comfortable to throw his gaze to the view outside while Baekhyun paid his full attention to the front.

At times, Jongin stole a glance at Baekhyun from the rear mirror. His eyes were usually cold but Jongin could see the opposite that day. It was warm. Really warm that it was soothing. Deep in Jongin's heart, he hoped he would get sick every day so that he could see that warm side of Baekhyun again.

Nearing Jongin's mansion, Baekhyun slowered the car until it stopped right in front of the gate. Baekhyun noticed Goeun's car, making him reluctant to go inside. Nevertheless, he had to. Jongin's condition was not allowing his ego to win.

"Wait, I'll help you" Baekhyun hopped out of the car and went to the back seat. Gently, he helped Jongin who was struggling to even move his hand. That poor boy had fractured his left arm which Jongin was grateful enough his legs were fine.

With Bekhyun's arm around his waist and his own arm around Baekhyun's shoulder for support, Jongin trudged inside. Baekhyun opened the door to see Goeun sitting with her leg crossed on the couch in the living room. Seeing Jongin's wounded face and wrapped arm, Goeun got up on her feet and rushed towards her injured son.

"My son! What happened my dear?" Goeun gasped in shock. With trembling hand, she traced her fingers on Jongin's swollen face, did not even care to spare a look to Baekhyun who was also her son. Jongin's condition was blinding her.

Keeping his nonchalant expression, Baekhyun brought Jongin to the couch, letting the boy to have a rest. Goeun immediately sat beside Jongin who remained silent. The boy only lowered his head, did not know how to explain the situation to his mom.

"Who did this to you, Jongin-ah?" Goeun's question only met a dead silent. Knowing that Jongin would not answer, Goeun's attention diverted to Baekhyun who was standing still like a statue, observing.

"You-" Goeun stood up. Losing her mind, she slapped Baekhyun on his cheek, causing it to redden. Could not believe what he just witnessed, Jongin's eyes widened in shock. 

"It's all your fault! If you came early to his school, all these would not happen! Or you're the one that hired people to hit my son? I know you hate me but don't touch Jongin! Spiteful brat!" Goeun spilled out her anger towards Baekhyun, blaming her older son without knowing the real truth. 

"Mom! It-" Jongin shrieked.

"Shut up Kim Jongin. Let mom settle this!" Goeun hissed.

Baekhyun smirked. The slap he received was nothing compared to the words he just heard. Well, since it came from the woman named Kang Goeun, Baekhyun was not surprise. He thought that the woman really had opened up a little space for him to enter but he was wrong. That space never existed.

"Seriously Goeun-ssi? You really thought I did that to your son? Fine! Just say that I did it. This spiteful brat is going back because his work had done and here is your son's medicine. Discription is inside" Baekhyun placed a white plastic bag on the tea table before storming out of the mansion.

As Baekhyun walked out, he bit his lips. His breath was unstable as he clenched his fist. It was not like Goeun never hurt him but...

Why this time it hurt so much?

...

"Say aaaaaaaa" Areum brought the spoon to Beomseok's lips. Opening his mouth wide, Beomseok gladly complied. Areum let out a chuckle. 

"Aigoooo, our Beomie is very clever!" Areum ruffled the older man's hair, pampering Beomseok. Hearing Areum's compliment, Beomseok clapped his hand in gusto.

It had been 2 days since she left for Quera World and never a second Baekhyun left her mind. Those two days were a complete torture to her. The girl wondered whether Baekhyun was eating well, sleep well, living well. That day when she left, Baekhyun was just recovered from utter shock of his best friend's sudden death.

The overloaded concern she had for Baekhyun led her to Baekhyun's apartment that night. To her disappointment, Baekhyun was not yet home. So she decided to replace Hyoju and take care of Beomseok. Hyoju looked tired anyway.

"Areum! Beomie wants to draw" Beomseok requested. His lips formed a pout. Amused, Areum chortled.

"Alright! But you have to finish your meal first. Okay?" Areum gave Beomseok a wink. The old man nodded frantically and focused on the bowl of rice in front of him. Keeping her eyes on Beomseok, Areum watched him finished the remaining rice. 

Looking closely, Areum noticed that Baekhyun resembled his father a lot. Beomseok was handsome, she could not deny that. Even though he was mentally ill, Baekhyun was doing a great job maintaining his father's appearance. No one could say Beomseok was sick if that man just stayed still.

"Beomie is done!" Beomseok bawled, startling Areum. The girl could not help but laughed at herself. 

"Good! Now let's wash your hand and then after this we can play together!"

...

"Dad! I'm home! Hyoju eommeo-" Baekhyun's holler was hindered when he saw his sleeping father on the floor. Papers were strewn everywhere as well as color pencils. Looking at the mess, Baekhyun shook his head.

Baekhyun's attention was focused solely at Beomseok that he failed to notice a girl lying beside his father. Oblivious, the man crouched down to pick up the nearest paper to his feet.

It was then that Baekhyun realized the presence of the girl. The girl looked so small beside Beomseok who had longer body proportion. Her long hair covered almost half of her face. Unconsciously, Baekhyun smiled.

Pacing closer, Baekhyun headed towards the two people who he cherished so much. Both of them had their bodies facing each other. The sight surprisingly amused Baekhyun, widened his already wide smile.

Crouching down, Baekhyun's stare darted from Beomseok to Areum alternately. Placing his head on his knees, Baekhyun tilted his head sideways. The man enjoyed gazing at the sleeping Beomseok and Areum silently.

His eyes then caught an interesting object between Beomseok and Areum. It was a paper. Not a mere paper but a paper that had some words written on it. The amazing thing was that, it was Beomseok's handwriting. Baekhyun recognized it right away.

?ui=2&ik=e7d28a6f43&view=fimg&th=15bed1e0c5f31709&attid=0.1.1&disp=emb&attbid=ANGjdJ_9HJQiFv1xuAFjUVfUVVtySkitdrw1cDjUAXiatbjgfH3i_2ApcM_Cc91N-V08hEW0Yp0x1zr8lPaYGP-_OeN2qKMZMt9gEw54HDowffecir-OnpH6UScUfkg&sz=w1216&ats=1494414594640&rm=15bed1e0c5f31709&zw&atsh=1
A smile creased on Baekhyun's face. Wiping the tears at the corner of his eyes, Baekhyun then folded the paper nicely and shove it in his pocket. The son leaned closer to his father and planted a kiss on his father's cheeks.

His attention was then shifted to Areum who was lying beside Beomseok. The girl was sleeping very soundly that Baekhyun did not have a heart to wake her up. A subtle snore could be heard escaping from her lips, showing how deep she was asleep. He guessed, Areum might be so tired looking after Beomseok.

After putting his thoughts together, Baekhyun decided to lend Areum his room. He could sleep with his father outside. Besides, it was easier to carry Areum instead of his father and it would be a total chaos if Beomseok was awake.

As gentle as he could, Baekhyun brought Areum into his arms and lifted her small body. Baekhyun was surprise on how fit Areum in his arms. He was not lying if he said Areum was light. Carefully, Baekhyun carried Areum to his room.

Laying Areum on his bed, Baekhyun then pulled up the blanket and put it on Areum. Without him realizing, he was staring at Areum. Losing control of his own body, Baekhyun found himself leaning closer to Areum. 

Before he did anything unexpected, Baekhyun jerked backwards. Shaking his head, the man tried to bring back his sanity which he almost lost seconds ago. Baekhyun hastily got up on his feet and left Areum in his room.

Closing the door behind him, Baekhyun leaned against it. Placing his hand on his chest, his eyes widened in surprise. He was staring at Areum too much that he did not realize the thumping heart of his. Okay I'm crazy

It was then he realized a folded paper dropped on the floor. Curious, Baekhyun picked up the paper and unfolded it, revealing lines of words written on it. Baekhyun's eyebrows knitted together as he tried to recognize the handwriting. 

Could not supress the curiousity in him, Baekhyun found himself reading through the lines. Stunned, his arms fell to his side. The man guessed he knew the owner of the paper. Could not believe his eyes, he read them again.


Things-to-do to make Baekhyun happy!
1. Be funny (at least he smiles right?)
2. Bring him to amusement park (no one hates this I guess)
3. Present(?) 
4. Fireworks ( I want to watch this with Baekhyun real bad! )
5. 
6.

Areum fighting! =)


Baekhyun took a lungful of air before going into his room again. Turning the knob, the man stepped inside and walked towards Areum. After folding the paper back, Baekhyun placed it beside Areum. As if his feet was glued to the floor, Baekhyun stood still and stared at Areum. A smile unwittingly crept to his face.

Thank you Areum-ah

For coming into my life

And...
 

Do you know what makes me happy?

By having you by my side

And I guess, I've fallen for you

 

 

Yeay you've fallen for her Baekhyun-ah! Gotcha! Thank you for reading =))