Chapter 24

13:00 am

Kyungsoo groaned as he heard his front door being knocked a little bit too much to him. He was not in the mood to see anyone. Not after he just sent his only bestfriend to the angel of death, making it the sole reason he took off from work. Begrudgingly, the Quera dragged himself to the front.

Turning the door knob, a man behind it was revealed. The man was panting hard. Drops of sweats could be trace trickling down his sideburn. It was not the state the man put himself in that surprised the Quera but his presence himself. 

"Byun Baekhyun what are you doing here?" Kyungsoo said firmly. 

"Where's Areum?" Baekhyun ignored Kyungsoo's question.

"I said what are you doing here?!" Kyungsoo's raised his voice. Hatred filled his eyes. He lost his bestfriend to this man in front of him yet this man had the courage to ask him where was Areum? Funny.

"I need to make sure she is fine!" Baekhyun growled.

"Fine? Are you kidding me? Of course she is fine, she even--"

"Areum can't see me! She can't see me when I--"

"She is going to you freaking idiot and she said she wants to give you her life jut because you're too weak to lengthen your own life span! And you know what will happen next? She will die" Kyungsoo blurted out of anger. His chest moved up and down as he tried to hold himself down.

"She--what?" Baekhyun at lost of words. Kyungsoo shot him a glare.

"But, if she wants to see me, she is supposedly not to ignore me, isn't she?" Baekhyun creased his eye brows, forming a frown.

"What do you mean?" Kyungsoo crossed his arms as he leaned his body against his door frame.

"Areum. She just, walked pass me when I just arrived here. Like I was invisible to her. This doesn't happened once though. In the hospital, I'm sure she was wide awake when I left my body but she didn't see me" Baekhyun's words got Kyungsoo. 

If Kyungsoo thought back, Areum kept holding her chest. He noticed that at times, her face would wince as if she was enduring a deep pain. Unwittingly, his nails pierced through his palm. Something was wrong. Hastily, Kyungsoo pushed Baekhyun forward and locked the door behind him.

"We need to find Areum"

...

Areum creased a smile as the sight of Baekhyun came to her eyes. Slowly, the girl sauntered towards the man who was lying on his bed with his eyes tightly shut. Sitting at the edge of his bed, Areum's gaze fell on Baekhyun's chiseled face. Taking Baekhyun's hand, Areum brought it to her cheek as she felt his warmth.

"Areum" a familiar voice had Areum turned her head. Her eyes rounded in shock.

"Kyungsoo what are you doing here? How did you get here?" Areum gasped. Kyungsoo swallowed hard. Baekhyun was telling the truth. It was not Areum ignored Baekhyun, but it was Areum who could not see Baekhyun when Baekhyun was standing just right beside him.

"Areum-ah. You--" Baekhyun was about to advance towards Areum when Kyungsoo got a grip of him on his arm. 

"Get into your body" Kyungsoo instructed with a stern voice. His lips pressed into a line. Areum looked into Kyungsoo's direction but nothing came to her sight.

"Who are you talking to?" Areum asked. Kyungsoo remained silent. Areum's attention was averted when she felt a slight movement on her left side. She turned her head to see Baekhyun was already awake.

"Areum-ah" Baekhyun almost teared up. He brought her into his arms and held her tight. Kissing the nape of her neck, Baekhyun then burried his face in her shoulder. Kyungsoo's threw his gaze away as the sight of his love being caressed by other man was too painful for him to take. 

"Areum-ah, are you okay?" Baekhyun asked as he let her go. Cupping her face, Baekhyun tried to look for any scars but he found nothing. Areum was physically fine.

Kyungsoo moved closer to Areum. He then checked her pulse, trying to check the dreadful theory he had in his mind. Areum just stared at the two men in front of her alternately. She could trace concern on their face which threw her to a confound state. 

"Areum. Lengthen Baekhyun's life" Kyungsoo instructed. There was no playfulness in his voice. Baekhyun rounded his eyes in disbelief.

"Are you crazy? Are you killing her? She will die! You told me yourself!" Baekhyun shot Kyungsoo an incredulous look. Shifting his gaze to Areum, Baekhyun took Areum's hand in his.

"Areum please. Don't. I'm fine. You don't have to do this for me. How can I live when all the people I love left me? No Areum. Please stay alive. At least you have Kyungsoo. He can make you happy. Please Areum don't" Baekhyun bawled out. Tears rolled down his cheeks. He could not afford losing another person he loved. 

"It's not fine for me" Areum creased a smile. Bringing her finger to Baekhyun's face, Areum wiped his tears. Leaning closer to him, Areum gave him a chaste kiss on his lips. Then, she held Baekhyun's hand tightly. Closing her eyes, Areum garnered her focus.

"No Areum no.." Baekhyun tried to pull his hand but Areum's strength was prominent. Kyungsoo just watched in silence. After a while, Areum opened her eyes again. Frown was forming on her forehead. She closed her eyes again but nothing happened. Opening her eyes, Areum shifted her gaze to Kyungsoo.

"What have you done to me?" Areum bellowed. 

"I'm the one who should be asking. What have you done Song Areum?" Kyungsoo's lips quivered as he was holding the rage inside him. His gaze then darted to Baekhyun.

"What have you done to her?!" Kyungsoo could not refrain himself from grabbing Baekhyun by his collar and bumped him against the wall. Surprised by Kyungsoo's sudden act, Areum dashed towards Kyungsoo. Baekhyun's face turned red as he felt his airway constricted.

"Kyungsoo! You're killing him! Stop!" Areum tried to seperate Kyungsoo from Baekhyun. Fortunately, Kyungsoo still had his rational mind in him. Slowly, his grip on Baekhyun loosened and he threw Baekhyun on the floor. Baekhyun coughed as he tried to catch his breath again.

"Song Areum I want you to answer me" Kyungsoo shifted his gaze to Areum. Areum gulped to the fury Kyungsoo. It was the first time she saw Kyungsoo this mad. This man was usually calm but Areum barely knew the man who was fuming in front of her.

"Did you sleep with him?" Kyungsoo pointed his index finger to Baekhyun.

"I--I" Areum stumbled with her words. Kyungsoo snorted. 

"I can explain" Baekhyun tried to get a hold of Kyungsoo but only to be thrown to the floor again. The man fell hard on his . 

"Areum. Do you know what is happening to you? Do you even think before you--" Kyungsoo ruffled his hair harsh. Kyungsoo could not fathom how Areum just gave herself easily to Baekhyun. 

"Kyungsoo-yah. It's--"

"You're in pain when you're in our world. You can't see soul living their body anymore. You can't see Baekhyun earlier when he was just beside me. You can't give your life to Baekhyun. It's because you're becoming a human" Kyungsoo muttered. 

Areum fell on her knees

 

 

 

This chapter is long. so I'm cutting it down. only a few chapters left! I'm happy but sad as well TT