Epilogue

13:00 am

So here is the last chapter! I can't simply leave the ending that way, can I? Okay let's go kokobop!


Applying compact powder to her face, Areum put on a light makeup. Living almost five years in Human World somehow made her learnt that human loved to be groom and since she was now a human as well, the girl guessed she should not be an exception. In fact, she was living her life as a human pretty well.

She spun around to make sure her appearance was perfect. No, she had to be perfect. She was visiting someone who she cherished the most even though it had been five years since he had passed away. Areum wanted to show him how well she was living and he did not have to worry about her.

"You're beautiful already" a voice greeted her. Areum creased a smile as she felt the man's arms around her waist, wrapping her in his embrace. 

"Don't be too beautiful or I'll get jealous" Areum let out a chuckle as the man kissed the nape of her neck.

"I have to be perfect! It has been a long time since I visited him" Areum pursed her lips. 

"Okay now I wonder who is your husband" the jealous man let her go as he crossed his arms, pouting his lips. Areum shook her head to his level of maturity. Swirling around, she faced her husband. Standing on her toes, Areum pressed her lips against his.

"It's always you Byun Baekhyun" Areum chuckled. Baekhyun's lips contorted to a smile. Pulling her closer, Baekhyun wanted to kiss her again but only to be stopped by Areum. Baekhyun's forehead formed a frown.

"We're late. Let's go" Areum linked her arms in Baekhyun's and pulled him with her. She knew this man would not stop if he was not forced. Baekhyun snorted as he let himself being dragged by Areum. However, the corner of his lips slowly curled upward, forming a smile as he gazed at their linked arms.

...

Areum and Baekhyun bowed a little, giving their respect. Areum then placed the flower she brought earlier in front of Kyungsoo's urn. She did the same for Chanyeol's urn which placed just next to Kyungsoo's. A smile adorned her face as she fixed her gaze to the picture frames displayed. 

"Chanyeol-ah, Kyungsoo-ya, it's been a long time right? I'm sorry that I can't visit often" Areum uttered. 

"Kyungsoo-yah, I'm living fine. You don't need to worry about me anymore. Baekhyun's business is doing really great lately. His new coffee is selling more than well. And he is about to open a new branch in Busan. " Areum told Kyungsoo as if the man was listening to her.

"And, I know I've been saying this all the time but I want to say it again because I can't never forget the sacrifice you did for me. Thank you for giving the opportunity for Baekhyun to stay alive. I'm sorry I can't be there at your last moment" Baekhyun tightened his grasp on Areum's hand as he heard the quavering voice of Areum. Got the gesture, Areum held her tears. She had promised Baekhyun she did not want to shed tears in front of Kyungsoo again.

"Kyungsoo-ssi. Thank you for saving me that day. Because of you, I'm still breathing until today. I promise I will take care of Areum until the day I die" Baekhyun took his turn to speak.

Never left his memories the day he supposed to die. It was still fresh in his memories how scared he was when he could not see anything except fire. Baekhyun was very sure he was going to die as his airway was gradually  constricted when suddenly Kyungsoo grabbed him on his arm and brought him out of scene. 

"Please take care of Areum for me" Kyungsoo's last word rang in him. He could not respond as everything happened very fast. Suddenly, the whole place was shone by a blinding light. Baekhyun could feel a slight tinge as something was channeled to him. The last thing he knew Kyungsoo was already lying beside him.

"Chanyeol-ah. Thank you for coming to my dream last night. It's been a while that I thought you're mad at me or something" Baekhyun shifted his gaze to Chanyeol. The dream he had last night relived in his mind. In that dream, Chanyeol was just smiling at him but it was more than enough for Baekhyun for that he missed Chanyeol so much. How he wished he could share the happiness he had now with Chanyeol.

"Chanyeol-ah. Please don't be mad at him. I'm sorry I steal your bestfriend but I swear I'll never replace you in Baekhyun's heart" Areum even raised her hand just to assure that she was telling the truth. Amused, Baekhyun let out a chuckle. 

"So, can we visit my father now?" Baekhyun asked. Areum nodded. Bidding their farewell to Kyungsoo and Chanyeol, the couple then moved to the place where Beomseok's urn was located.

"Dad. I hope you're doing fine up there. I'm doing well. More than well I guess. Since I have a family to take care of now, I'm working harder than before and it keeps remind me of you. I think I can understand you a lot more better" Baekhyun set his gaze on the family potrait placed in front of Beomseok's urn. It was taken when he was five. Baekhyun smiled as the memories flooded in.

"Hey dad. It's me, your bestfriend and also your daughter-in-law. I still keep the drawing you made for me and I put in on frame, so that I will always remember you. I even keep the ball we used to play with" Areum chuckled to the memories. Beomseok was really excited when it came to ball. It still vivid in her mind how enervated she was playing with Beomseok. As the couple had paid their visit, they headed back to their car.

"So we're going to your mom's place, right?" Areum asked after fastening her seat belt.

"Yes. She asks us to have a dinner there" Baekhyun informed. Areum nodded.

"Alright. Go go!"

...

Goeun welcomed her son and her daughter-in-law with a hug. Five years ago, this kind of sight was impossible but the woman was really grateful that everything had changed. She did not only get Baekhyun's forgiveness but also his love and attention which she never thought she would ever received. Hongbin also treated Baekhyun well despite the fact that Baekhyun was his stepson.

"Where's Eunbi?" Areum's eyes roamed around to look for the sight of that little adorable child.

"Mom! Dad!" A loud squeal echoed as a little girl pranced towards Areum and Baekhyun. Areum took the girl into her embrace and lifted her high. Eunbi broke into a cackle. As much as Areum, the little girl missed her mother so much. 

"Come here to daddy" Baekhyun took his daughter from Areum and planted a kiss on her cheek. He then nuzzled her nose, bringing the girl to a chortle. Eunbi placed her arms around Baekhyun, hugging her father tight.

"Where did you go? Daddy miss you" Baekhyun cooed as he spun around, playing with his daughter. It was only a day he did not see Eunbi but he already missed that little girl. His brother always kidnapped her whenever he was back from university. Last night, Jongin even asked his permission to let Eunbi slept with him.

"She followed her handsome uncle to the convenience store" a deep voice interjected. Baekhyun rolled his eyes but laughed nevertheless. His brother was too contented with himself that it was sometimes irksome. But Baekhyun could not deny Jongin had grown to a great, handsome young man. He did not even realize when Jongin had became taller than him which he found it annoying as well.

"Uncle Jongin brought me sweets!" Eunbi spilt out.

"Eunbi-ya! I said keep it a secret" Jongin hushed his niece. He gulped as he felt glares were already aimed on him. 

"Kim Jongin! I've told you several times don't feed her too many sweets! Her teeth will rot!" Baekhyun scoffed. Areum could only shook her head. Jongin was just too fond of Eunbi that he kept giving everything that girl asked.

"Enough kids. Let's have our dinner. Your dad is waiting already" Goeun stopped the chaos. The house would never quiet down when her children were around, especially with Eunbi's existence. They never stopped arguing which was the best for that little girl that it sometimes brought headache to Goeun. 

Nevertheless, Goeun was more than happy. She had nothing more to wish. She got a loving husband, two handsome sons, a beautiful daughter and a cute granddaughter. Goeun had enough.

...

Baekhyun planted a kiss on Eunbi's forehead after putting his daughter to sleep. He could not believe that his daughter was almost 4 years old. Time flew so fast. It was like yesterday Eunbi was born. He still remembered the tears he shed that day as he embraced the new-born Eunbi in his arms.

"How can she's easily asleep when she's with you?" Areum huffed. Baekhyun hushed his wife and let out a silent chuckle. The man shrugged but still putting on his proud smile. Areum rolled her eyes. Nevertheless, she kissed Eunbi on her chubby cheek and pulled Baekhyun out of their daughter's room.

As they stepped out of the room, Baekhyun captured Areum's lips. Areum's heart skipped a beat when Baekhyun's lips lingered on hers. It amazed her on how her heart still behaved like it was just yesterday they announced their love to each other. Baekhyun pulled apart and caressed Areum's cheek. His attempt to kiss her again was failed when Areum placed her index finger on his lips. Baekhyun smirked.

"What now beautiful?" Baekhyun wrapped his wife's slim waist.

"Take your shower first. You smell like coffee and bread" Areum covered her nose, acting like Baekhyun was indeed smelly when in fact Baekhyun's cologne was alluring her that she wanted to hold him all night. But that man needed a shower, to refresh himself after working until night. He was a boss but he always be the last one to leave the cafe. Since it was Friday, his cafe was opened until night.

"Yes madam" Baekhyun let Areum go. Sighing, the man pursed his lips. A chuckle slipped from Areum's lips. But little did she know Baekhyun would not budge until he got what he wanted. A playful smirk lingered on Baekhyun's face before he pecked Areum on the lips and dashed towards the bathroom. Areum blinked her eyes in confusion before shaking her head. But she could not deny that she loved it.

Areum made her way to the living room and put all strewn things to their respected place. A norm for having a small kid around. Done with her chores, Areum made her way to her room. The sound of water running could be heard indicating that her husband was still in shower. 

The woman flopped herself on her bed, a little bit tired for that her daughter was running around all day and she ended up chasing after her. But she enjoyed it. Areum shot up and opened the drawer beside her bed. Her intention to take her diary was halted when her gaze fell on a letter beside it. Taking it out, Areum read the letter, yet again. It was from Kyungsoo. She could not fathom how that guy could slipped it in Baekhyun's pocket amidst the chaos during the fire.

Putting the letter back in place, her attention was then grabbed by the view behind her glass window. It was a wonderful sight with stars scattered on the vast night sky. Unwittingly, she was already standing behind the window, devouring the exquisite view. Baekhyun bought the highest unit as both of them loved to watch the scenery it offered. She was grateful enough that Baekhyun's business went well that he was capable to buy a condominium even though she was a little bit worry at the beginning but still put her trust on him.

Areum then felt arms surrounded her waist. A familiar scent wafted through her nostrils. No need to look she would know it was Baekhyun. Areum took Baekhyun's arms and tightened his embrace around her. Baekhyun kissed the nape of her neck and then her shoulder before landing his chin on it.

"Areum-ah, do you regret becoming a human?" Baekhyun suddenly asked. Areum, a little bit taken aback by the question, spun around to face the love of her life. 

"No. Never. I'm happier than I was before. Here I have you and our daughter. Your parents love me like their own daughter and I have a brother who is fatally handsome" Baekhyun rounded his eyes when the talk of Jongin came out. 

"Hey I'm getting jealous here" Baekhyun pouted.

"You're handsome Baekhyun. Why do you keep comparing yourself with Jongin? You have your own charm that Jongin doesn't have. An--and I fall for that charm" Areum's flushed. Her heart pounded crazily against her chest.

"You know how to win my heart, aren't you?" Baekhyun nuzzled their nose together. Areum let out a chuckle before Baekhyun locked their lips. Baekhyun's hand traveled to her back and lifted her. Areum yelped, surprised by Baekhyun's act. Smiling, Areum placed her arm around Baekhyun's neck and kissed him again. 

Baekhyun placed her on bed and hovered on her as he kissed her deeper. They pulled apart as they tried to catch their breath. Baekhyun's finger traveled from Areum's hair to her cheek then down to her chin. A smirk formed on his chiseled face. 

"Hey beautiful. Don't you think Eunbi is lonely?" Baekhyun kept his fatal smirk as his hand playfully slipped underneath her clothes and lingered on her tummy.

"You naughty boy" Areum chuckled. 

...

Dear Areum, my bestfriend.

If you read this letter, it means you've met Baekhyun, safe and sound. And it also means that I'm already dead. No, no. Don't cry Areum. I'm doing this to see your smile not your tears. I guess I'm crazy for giving my life to the guy who steals you from me! But did you know, Areum? I follow you and Baekhyun the day before Baekhyun suppose to die. It makes me realize that you're genuinely happy when you're by his side. I never see you smile that bright before and I'm afraid you will never smile like that again when Baekhyun was not around. Even when you are with me. That makes me come to this decision. 

Keep in your mind that I never regret and I know Baekhyun can take care of you better than me. So Areum my love, please be happy because your happiness is mine.

I love you, Song Areum.

Your bestfriend,
Do Kyungsoo

 

 

 

 

Okay! How's it? Of course I have to give Baekhyun his happiness. He deserves that. But need some angst to add colour I guess XD Thank you for reading this aff! I really appreciate it =)) Comments and feedbacks are always welcomed =))) I wish you guys a happy life XOXO