Special Chapter: Christmas Time!! [Pt 2]

Memory Loss


I went to the city for my mission. I was supposed to find Kim Soohyun, a guard who was working for the goverment. The truth was that i wouldn't take lots of information for him, after all he was just a guard. But i have to talk to him.

Inside my car, i could easily watch outside of his house, my plan was to catch him out of the blue and take the information i wanted. Suddenly, the front door of the building opened and Soohyun came out accompanying by his wife and his young daughter. 

"Aish..now how i am supposed to talk with him?" I asked myself and then proceed on opening the door. Maybe, i could follow them from a safe distance and when the right time comes,i could grab him by his arm and go talk somewhere away from his family. I respected his family and didn't want to make a fuss in front of them.

After walking from what seems to be like 20 minutes, we approached a crowdes square. It was decorated with different kinds of ornaments such us garlands, lights in shapes of trees and stars. Also, there were many people dressed up with different costumes, some of them were singing, others were selling their goods and some others were just standing there. 

Distracted by the festive scene around me, i turned around only to see that Soohyun had disappeard. "Oh god..where are they? " I took a deep and started to look around for them. Unfortunately, there were just too many people, i would constantly bump at someone's shoulder and i would always here the same answer from them "Hey , watch out. For god's sake it's Christmas, be more gentle. " I couldn't understand. Just because it was Christmas i should apologise for everything i did? It was just a stupid celebration, an excuse for people to take a break from their jobs. 

The time was passing by and i was still searching for them among all those people. Maybe Soohyun saw me and ran away without me noticing it. I huffed and stop walking, after all it was all in vain. 

"Ho ho ho Merry Christmas"

I heard a deep voice almost singing next to my ear. I turn my head just a little bit to my right only to see a man probably in his sixties, wearing a red costume with some white details. He was , unusualy, tall and for sure was overweight. In his hand was holding a metallic cup which he was swinging it here and there and had a big smile on his face. He looked weird.

"What do you want mister? Do you know me?" I simply asked him. The man with the red costume, stopped moving his hand and looked me in the eyes.

" Of course i know you. I know everyone in this world...i  know you since you were a child. After all i am Santa Claus." 

"Look old man, i don't know who you are and i don't really care. Can you please leave me alone? I am busy."

"Busy? " He asked and then let a chuckle go. "I don't think so, young man. You more look like you are unhappy with what you are doing. You are alone in a place where everyone is with someone else. Don't you have family? Parents? Anything? "

I looked at him and raised my brow. "Didn't you say that you know me since i was a child? Then you should know if i have someone or not" I chuckled and looked away wondering why i kept on answering him.

"You know young man..." I felt his hand touching softly my shoulder. " I see that you have lots of troubles and i guess that you have never enjoyed Christmas as you should. In Christmas you should spend your time with someone you love, not spying on others." 

Quickly ,i  pushed his hand away from me and i looked at him with a shocking expression on my face. "How did- "

"How did i know that you are spying someone? I told you..i know everyone in this world." He shrugged his shoulders. "Also, i guessed it, because i saw you earlier following behind different families of three person. I guess you want a family for yourself. But following others...that's not good you know."

Thankfuly  i felt a relieved as the man was talking. He just made a guess. If he knew that i was indeed spying on someone, i would have to kill him.

"Okay i get it. I am not going to do it again. Now can you leave me? "

"Well..it's not like i am holding you. If you want to go away from me you can do it by walking away. But, all you do is staying still and nagging to me. I guess that you need my companion. " The man laughed, his deep voice echoing to my ears. But he was right. If i wanted him not to bother me why didn't i just walk away? I wasn't sure..he was kinda funny i guess. 

"Look young man,i don't have much time..i have to go. If you have to remember something from that day , let it be the companion of your beloved ones, not the loneliness. Let yourself relax a little and enjoy Christmas. "

I looked at him realizing that he was right. I recalled the last night when i left the others eating and i was upstairs working on today's mission which after all was an unavailing gather of a "not so important" information. Suddenly, i felt disappointed for my self and stupid for not even talking to Himchan,who had done nothing to me. 

"I guess...you are right.." I took out my smartphone already forgetting about the mission and start dialing Himchan's number.

"I always am " The old man smiled at me and then slowly walked away. "Oh and merry Christmas Daehyun! " I raised my head to look at the old man but he had already disappeared among the crowd. How did he knew my name...maybe i had told him without noticing it. But i didn't really care and i continue dialing my boyfriend's phone number.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


A/N : The last special chapter will be released near the New Year's Eve~ Merry Christmas!!!