Chapter 20

Memory Loss

"Bring out what?" Suddenly, i heard a noise coming some meters away from me. The arena had lighten up and as i turned my head towards the source of the noise i saw the robot that Himchan told me. The truth was thar the robot didn't look nothing like a robot. It was actually a humanoid, a woman one. She had westerned characteristics, long blonde hair, green eyes and was wearing a tight black jumpsuit. But of course her face expression betrayed that she was fake. The humanoid was walking slowly toward me and as soon as she was standing close to me she stopped. "I don't understand, what's the point of th-" Before i even have the time to continue my sentence the humanoid grabbed me by my neck and threw me away. The impact to the ground was harsh and as a result i obtained some scratches. It hurt a lot but i overcome any pain i felt as soon as i saw her running towards me. Immediatelly i stood up and start to run away from her. "What the hell are you doing Daehyun?" I heard Himchan yelling from above. "You are supposed to destroy it! " I raised my head to look at him for a second. "But she is trying to kill me! " " You are shaming yourself. Stop running and try to destroy it. Come on. " I took a deep breath and suddenly i stop running. I turned my head to look at the humanoid which was still running towards me. A feeling of power and confidence, that i haven't felt before, were overflowing me. As the humanoid was approaching me i took a deep breath to calm my self down but unfortunatelly didn't seem to work as i wanted to. I started to feel panic when it was some meters away from me with its fist already moving towards me. And i did the first thing that came to my mind. I didn't know how i did it, it felt naturally, like i had done this before but i managed not only to kick its head but also tearing it away. I saw the head being thrown some meters away from me and the rest of the humanoid's body kneeling down to the ground. Everything happened so quickly, the only thing i did was to kick its head. I stayed still and turned my head to look at Himchan hyung, Jongup and the other guy. Jongup was looking at me astonished, with his mouth slightly opened while Himchan was looking at me with a smile on his face. "See? You didn't have to run away from it. All you have to do is to let yourself do its job. " I raised my eyebrown while looking at him. "What do you mean by that?" "You know what i mean. You have the abilities Daehyun, you are quite skilled. Just try to focus and you can do anything" Himchan bend down to tell something to the man with the console and then turned his glaze to look at me. "Are you ready for the second round? " "Second what? " Suddenly i heard a noise of a heavy door being opened and soon enough i saw a humanoid -exactly like the first one- entering the arena. "Oh god, not again..."


After what seemed like hours i was told that i had finally finished with fighting the robots. My knees felt heavy and soon enough i  dropped to the ground out of breath. Around me where at least ten humanoids with their heads off or with some other limbs away from their mechanic bodies. The strong light above me made me a little dizzy but i tried to avoid it by covering my eyes. As i was lying there i heard some footsteps and then somebody pushed my hand away from my eyes. "Come on, don't tell me that you are tired. " I heard Himchan chuckled. "I am tired hyung. All this time i was running ..and punching..and kicking and i don't know what else. " Himchan shook his head in diagreement. "No Daehyun you weren't just did these." I saw him lying down next to me. "You were fighting. And to be more exact you were using mixted moves from muay thai and kickboxing. You did a pretty good job" I turned my head to look at him and with a bright smiled i thanked him. He was good and supported at me and i really appreciated that. "Anyway,come on stand up. You have to eat. " Himchan pinched my cheek and as he was ready to stand up i quickly grabbed his arm  preventing him from standing up. "Himchan hyung, i want you to tell my why you gave me the laptop yesterday. You know that every file is locked, exept for a video right? Then why you gave me the laptop if i don't know any password?" Himchan chuckled and came closer to me. "Daehyun it wouldn't make any sense if i gave you the laptop without the passwords. After all it is your laptop and you made those passwords. As the time pass you will start to remember the passwords by your own. That's the point. When the right time comes, you will remember a specific password and you will get to know specific things. Just be patient ok? If you really want to know about the folders you will have to recall past memories of yours." Himchan took my hand away from his arm and after standing up he helped me to stand up too. "I guess you are right...i haven't thought that. " I saw him nodding and then looking away. "Have you had another memory recalled? We are at the place you used to work. I guess you already remembered something am i wrong? " I took a deep breath and lowered my glance to the ground. I had remembered something but i couldn't tell him. After all not only it was embarrassing for me but also a useless memory. So i choose not to tell him anything about it. "No i haven't. "  "I see..anyway let's go to eat something ok? You need some energy after that." Himchan started to walk away, with me following behind him. As i was walking with my hands being crossed , i saw Himchan in front of me , suddenly, dropping to the ground with his right hand upon his heart. It was clearly that he didn't fell down because of an obstacle or something else. Something had happened to him. Quickly i rushed next to him and kneeled down. "Himchan hyung, what happened? Are you alright? " I took him,frightened, in my hands and made him look at me. He was taking small deep breaths and was constantly trying to avoid my eyes. "I am fine Daehyun. I just..have to see Youngjae. Please help me to stand up. " "Hyung, tell me what is wrong. You dropped to the ground for no reason at all. Is something wrong with your health? I want to know." He shook his head. "I am good. Just help me to stand up. "  "I want you to-"  "Daehyun, shut up help me to stand up! For god's sake!" I didn't have a choice than helping him to stand up. As soon as i helped him he immediatelly pushed my hands away from him. "I am fine Daehyun. I just have a little problem with my heart nothing else. I will go to Youngjae and you should go to grab something to eat. You haven't eaten anything yet. " I didn't have the time to answer him as Himchan left me all alone at the arena. I really did care for him but he seemed to be secretive about his health. I recalled the first days when we were at his home i had caught him using my blood sack, which i had in case of an emergency. Maybe Himchan was sick and he just didn't want me to know.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 


I was already at the refectory and the plate in front of me was almost empty. All the people around me were eating either alone or with their friends. As for me i was sitting alone at a table far away from the main door of the room. All the time my mind couldn't stop thinking about Himchan. I was really worried about his incident. And i was more worried due to that he didn't want me to know about his condition. Maybe he didn't trust me enough to tell me about his health. Suddenly, i felt a light tap on my shoulder and soon i saw Namjoon sitting next to me and placing his tray at the table. "Goodmorning sir, how are you? " I turned my head to look at him. "First of all, don't call me sir. I am not that old. And second..i am fine. You? " He chuckled and started to eat. "Good. And sorry for calling you sir. It is just a rule we have here. Anyway. How was your first day here? " I took a deep breath and looked at my plate. "Exhausting. I was training with Himchan hyung all the morning. But i don't mind it really." Namjoom nodded his head and continue eating. "And you? Did you finish with the water? " " Yeah. But we have to refill them again. This time me and my time have to go get some water. Those missions are quite difficult but they have to be done. For the citizens...and us. " "I see. It is important." I took one last bit from my food and then stood up. "Daehyun, tonight me and some members of my team took up the night patrol. Would you like to come with us? Yongguk told me to ask you. " "Yongguk hyung told you that? Well...if he let me then, why not?"