Chapter 19

Memory Loss

Some minutes after Himchan left my room i have sat down to the chair in front of the desk and open the laptop he gave to me. I dragged the ashtrey next to the laptop, so i could easily take my cigarette whenever i wanted and then i open the laptop. The first thing i noticed was the wallpaper which was a simple blue fond with some black lines, nothing extravagant. I expected that i would see probably a photo of me with Himchan, since he told me that we were couple, but fortunately i didn't see. Immediatelly my eyes fell upon on Himchan's folder,sure he told me not to open it, but couldn't help it, i was curious. I clicked twice on the folder and a window popped up asking me for a password. "Damn it!" I hit my hand on the desk. "Of course i need a password. Then why he told me not to open it? After all, i can't open it without a password." I huffed and then proceed to open another folder. After all they weren't a lot of folders on the desktop. The second folder was named "Aphthartus", i remembered that this name was the name of a water that a scientist made. So, i guessed the folder was about my last mission in Jordan. I clicked at the folder and, thankfully, it opened. Inside, there was a video and another folder,i choose to open the folder first but as soon as i clicked on it the same window popped up asking me for a password. "Nice...i need a password for every god-damned folder. " I returned back to the main desktop and looked all the other folders i had. There were folders for the other four guys also and one which had the name "Past Mission". But, of course,all of them need a password, which i didn't have. The laptop wasn't unused at all. I didn' t have a choice but to watch the only one video that it was in the "Apthartus" folder. I clicked on the video and took the cigarette in my hands as the video was finally playing. Ιn the video, was Yongguk and Himchan who were both wearing their military uniforms. They seemed to talk about something, and me, who probably was holding the camera was approaching them. "Daehyun, stop filming. Don't you see that we are talking? "  Himchan faced at the camera. "Sorry. I just wanted to see if this camera still works. Did i interrupted you from something?" "Not really"  Yongguk looked towards me, who i was certainly behind the camera. "We were talking about how i would  conform my unit. Lately they don't follow all of my orders. Anyway, give me a second the camera. I want to see something."  Yongguk grabbed the camera from my hands and soon i saw myself, in casual clothes, standing close to Himchan. I haven't changed at all. Sure i was some years older but i was still the same as i was in the video. Even the lenght of my hair was the same. "Come on. Now give him a kiss. I want to record that."  "Really Yongguk? That's why you grabbed the camera from him? "   Himchan huffed and looked away with his pale cheeks turning slowly to a light red. "This will be your first kiss on camera, come on i know you want it."  I heard Yongguk laugh and then i saw my hand reaching  to grab Himchan's hand and that made him look at me. "No one is looking Himchan."  Suddenly, a bombardment was heard and the video stops with Yongguk stop the recording. Sure the video made me wonder about what happened after the bombardment but i couldn't know the answer. I searched for one last time the laptop, maybe there was an accesable file that i didn't noticed before but my try was in vain. All the folders needed a password so they would be open. I got pissed so i closed the laptop, tossed my cigarette and returned back to the bed. "Why did he gave the laptop if there was nothing to see than a short video?" I took a deep breath and looked towards the laptop. I guess i would ask him tomorrow. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything was black. I couldn't see move or even feel anything. I didn't know what happened, i could only remember that i was in that abandoned factory searching for him and then i loud noise was heard. After that, nothing, i didn't remember anything. Right now i could hear some familiar voices around me. "Come on bring a doctor, we are losing him!" That was Himchan's voice. He was sound quite worried. I could also hear some  whispers around me but i couldn't understand what they were talking about. "Come on Daehyun, don't let me down!  I know you can hear me, come on stay with me ok?  You will be fine just..keep breathing and focus on my voice. Where is the doctor? "  "He is coming."  "For goodness sake, where the hell is he? We are losing him! "  I was dying. And i couldn't do anything for that. Suddenly i sense of  relaxation  was starting to taking me over. And i couldn't stop it. "Oh god no....no! "


Three hard  knocks on my door made me wake up from my dream and quickly open my eyes. I looked around and i was still in the room i was yesterday. Everything was a dream. Or to be exact, a memory. It was too vivid to be a dream. But even though it was a memory it sure make me worried. Did i really almost died? A fourth knock was heard and i was forced to leave aside the memory and to open the door to the impatient visitor. As soon as i opened the door, the impatient visitor, Jongup, went inside. "Goodmorning hyung. How did you sleep?" "Good...i guess" I shrugged my shoulder while at the same time i was rubbing my eyes. "What did you want me?" Jongup approached with his hands inside the black pockets of his uniform. "Himchan hyung told me to come here. He wants you at the big practice room." I looked at him with my eyebrow slightly raised. "Big...practice room? "  I didn't know there was another practice room. "Yeah" Jongup nodded his head "Wear your uniform and come with me i'll show you the way."


Jongup leaded me to a new, indeed, room which was a lot of different than the other room which Youngjae showed me yesterday. First of all, this room looked a lot like a basketball court except from that there wasn't any basket οr anything with basketball references. It was just an empty grey floor with white seats around it. As soon as me and Jongup stepped inside, i saw Himchan who was waiting for as at the center of this "arena". Also there was another man, sitting at the seats with a big console placed on his knees. It was an unknown man for me, because i haven't seen him before but he was wearing a black uniform so i easily guessed that he worked here. "Finally, you are here. I was waiting for you Daehyun." Himchan looked at Jongup. "Thank you Jongup. You can go to the seats and sit there." Jongup quickly left and soon after he was at the seats looking at us. "Hyung.." I turned my head to look at him. "About yesterday...you know the laptop needs codes to open certain files, don't you? Then why you gave it to me? I don't remember anything." Himchan looked at me with a light annoyance at his face. "Yeah, yeah, we will talk about that later ok? Right now, you have something else to do." "By something else, you mean..?" Himchan looked at the man who was sitting with Jongup at the seats and beckoned at him with raising his hand. "We are at a practice room Daehyun." My eyes met his glance. "Since you were assigned back to the organization you have to train yourself... teach yourself everything that you knew again, from the beggining. So, that's what we will do today. Ok?" I nodded my head in agreement. "What do i have to do hyung?" "You will see soon." Himchan, then, turned his back to me and left me alone. "Now what?" I raised my head to look at Jongup who was looking at me and shrugged his shoulders. Soon enough i saw Himchan sitting next to Jongup and whispering something at the unknown man. He,after answering to Himchan, pressed some buttons at his console and then the room went dark and a strong light from a floodlight hit my face. "Hey! " I blocked the light with my hand and look towards where the three of them were sitting. But of course i couldn't see them. "What are you doing? Αre you going to interrogate me or something?" A minute had passed and no one had answered me yet. I started to feel awkward,until someone finally decided to answer me. "Bring out the robot!"