Chapter 18

Memory Loss

-"Come on. You hit like a chick. Hit harder." I was holding the black punching bag while Himchan was kicking it. I was trying to learn him some moves from muay thai, because , after all, he asked me to. But he didn't seem to be a good student. "You know Daehyun, in the army we don't learn martial arts, excuse my inability. But i can kick quite hard. I just don't want to hurt you."  I looked at him and then held the punching bag tighter. "Stop your excuses. Try me, and- " Without any hesitation Himchan kicked the punching bag harder making me go some steps back. "See? I can. Don't underestimate me." He hugged the punching bag that i was holding and  reached  to give me a kiss. "Yah! What do you think you are doing? We are supposed to be training." I hit the back of his hand. "Why you don't like it? Come on Daehyun. Don't lie." Himchan let the punching bag and we went back to teach him about muah thai. Soon enough, while Himchan was kicking and punching the bag in my hands, i , for fun, reached out my foot and made him to tripped  but i didn't expect that he would fall down to the flooring. "Hey! What was that for? Did i do something wrong?" I looked at him from above and shrugged my shoulders. "Not really, i just- " I got on my knees and then lied upon him "-need a break."  He was looking at me with his eyebrow raised but eventually he put his arm around my waist and gave me a kiss upon my forehead. "Sure. We can have some rest baby"  I felt his hand moving from my waist down to my lowest part of my back "Himchan,what do you think you are doing? " I saw a light smirk on his face and before even giving my an answer we, out of the blue, switched possition. " I just wanted to be on top of you, is it that bad? " I placed my arm around his waist, exactly like Himchan did some seconds ago, and shook my head. "Nope it is not that bad." I reach to give him a kiss on his lips and felt, once again, Himchan's hand traveling under my shirt and caressing my abdomen and chest. " -   Suddenly, i felt a light poke on my arm. "Daehyun, are you listening?" I turn my head towards Youngjae who was looking a little worred at me. "Yeah..sorry. I..i just spaced out a little" I gave him a small reassuring smile at him and then i looked towards Himchan who had the exactly same look as Youngjae. For a weird reason, maybe because of the sudden memory that popped on my head, i found myself not to stand to look at Himchan. I was looking at him and at the same time it was like i was seeing the memory. It felt so real. But i couldn't bear it, so i turned hastily my head away from him. "Can we go now? I want to see the other rooms too." Youngjae looked at Himchan waiting for an answer and Himchan after telling something at Youngjae, which i couldn't hear, left us. Maybe he understood that i remembered something. "Fine, let's go Daehyun" 


After an hour, or else, after the "tour" around the refectory and introducing me to some of his colleagues he, eventually, let me to my room. It was indeed  a spacious room but with few furniture : a bed, an office, a chair, a wardrobe and a touch-screen which was placed on the wall next to the door. Also one wall of the room was only made from glass and a door was in the middle. I could see from the other side of the glass the bathroom. Youngjae told me that i could turn the glass to opaque by typing a code to the touch screen. I found it cool but at the same time kinda useless. I guess it was some kind of design or something. After looking around the room, i decided to sit down on my new bed. I felt quite alone. The truth was that i started to get used to have someone else on the room with me. The organization was a new start for me. Looking towards the ground for so long begun to make me bored so i choose to give myself a break and smoke a cigarette. I stood up from the bed and made my way towards the desk where my packet of cigarettes was placed. After lighting my cigarette i looked towards the wardrobe. I have taken with me a small sack with only the necessities. Curiosity had the best of me and i decided to open the wardrobe just to take a look of its inside. I opened it and the first thing i noticed was that the wardrobe was full of clothes. I recognised the clothes that i took with me and the black jacket that i had from Jaehyo but all the other clothes seemed to be new. Maybe they bought it just for me. As i was ready to close the wardrobe and continue with  smoking, i noticed that there was a uniform, at the corner of the wardrobe. It waa the same uniform that everyone here was wearing. I guessed that i had to wear it to ,so i took it οut. I was startled when i saw the same gold details on the shoulders that Yongguk and Himchan had on their own uniforms. That made me come to the conclussion that maybe i was a superior here just like them. In the end, maybe, they were right. I was someone important. But it was such a shame that i couldn't remember anything from my past. Maybe i was some kind of a successfull spy for organization and that's why i was a superior. If the guys gave me more information about my past than being secretive, i would eventually remember something important and help them. After taking a small sip from my cigarette i let it on the ashtray that was om the desk and went, with the uniform on my hand, at the bathroom. Of course i turned the glass to opaque, cause the guys had this annoying habit to go inside the room without knocking on the door.


After wearing the uniform i looked at the full mirror that, weird enough, was inside the bathroom behind the door. It looked good on me but at the same time it looked so familiar, like i have wore it in the past for a long time. I just stood still, in front of the mirror staring at my reflection and after some seconds i got out of the bathroom. "I see you found the uniform. Good for you. You didn't need to wear it but if it makes you feel comfortable, then ok." "How did you get inside the room." I looked at him. "Youngjae told me that no one else can open the door to the personal rooms except from the owners of it." "Yeah.. Youngjae is right but " Ηimchan took a sip from my cigarette that he was holding with his fingers and then looked at the smoke he let out. "He forgot to tell you that superiors have accesibility on every room here." He let my cigarette back to the ashtray and looked at me. "You really look good though. Anyway" He took a deep breath and then continue talking. "I just wanted to ask you..back in the training room...you seemed to be a little... withdrawn, especially to me. Did you recalled anything?" I looked at him and quickly shook my head. I wasn't willing to tell him that i indeed remember something, and that something was a memory of me and him, cuddling and kissing. I just didn't feel comfortable sharing this memory with him or with anyone else. "No. I didn't remember anything hyung." "I see.." Himchan walked towards me. "If you remember anything i want you to tell me ok? It's important to know." I saw that he reached to the bed and took a laptop to his hands. The laptop wasn't there when i first came to the room ao i guessed that Himchan brought it with him. "This is for you." Himchan let the laptop at the desk next to the ashtray. "It belonged to you when you were workimg here. You have some documents there. Maybe they will help you remember something. " "It's ironic, isn't it?" Himchan looked at me with his eyebrow raised "What do you mean? " "You wanted to make sure that i didn't remember a thing from my past. You even gave me pills to maintain the situation as it was and now you are trying to bring my memories back?" I chuckled. "For what reason hyung?" Himchan, completely ignoring my question, turned his back to me and walked towards the door. "Daehyun.. you are asking a lot of questions. That behavior of yours is annoying. I brought your laptop intact. Do whatever you want with it." His hands reached the door knob and at the same time he turned his head  to look at me. "Just don't open the folder which has my name." Himchan then proceeded to open the door and leave.