Chapter 13

Memory Loss

My hands were shaking as i was reading the marriage vows of my unknown wedding.Inside the paper envelope were two piece of paper, each of them including a different handwritting. Surely,i could recognize my  handwrite and the other one should be Himchan's. I wasn't really interested about what my marriage vow was about so i went straight to read Himchan's wedding vow "From the moment i saw you, i knew that one day you would be mine. Maybe i was too confident or maybe i was just being stupid thinking that a man like you would ever love someone like me. But here i am today,standing in front of an angel. I, Kim Himchan, promise to you, Jung Daehyun, that i will love you and protect you even if that could cost my life. I vow to be caring, trustful and faithful. I love you and i want to share my rest of life with you."  It would be a lie if i say that after reading this i wasn't touched. It was one of the most caring words i ever read but it was almost impossible that something like that was written for me. Βut all those things that happened ti the last month were far more than impossible. Before an hour or less,Himchan,eventually after our little fight, left me without explaining to me nothing that was related with how we met or why we got married etc. The situation was complicated and Himchan's attitude wasn't helpfull at all. I wasn't yet sure what my next move should be. I already messed up with Himchan and tomorrow it's my first -kinda- mission. I talked harshly to him even though he didn't done anything bad to me, he was just being honest with me. I sighed deeply and put placed the envelope with the marriage vows and the marriage certificate under my pillow. I soon as Himchan left the room i also left. There wasn't any point staying in the living room. I learned what i should have known from the beggining. I looked at Zelo who was sleeping in his bed. I don't think that he was really sleeping,maybe he was pretending just so he couldn't make me uncomfortable. He was indeed a good kid. I looked at him one last time and then i turned my hand away from him. My eyes felt heavy and soon after that i allowed my self to get some sleep. Tomorrow will be a tough day.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 "Daehyun, you go with Youngjae at the front truck with Jongup. Me, Zelo and Himchan we will be at the other truck." Yongguk was standing next to the truck which was he supposed to drive. Two trucks were outside the house, one of them was connected to a trailer were we had the gallons of water and the other one was a smaller one, a 4x4 orange truck. In the second, which Yongguk was going to drive, Himchan was going to be at the back with a shotgun. I didn't know why, but i guessed that Himchan was going to watch our backs. The bigger truck would be at the front, guiding us and the smaller one would be behind it keeping the water safe. "Hyung. I would prefer going with you, with the 4x4 truck. I know you wanted me to go with Youngjae just so i can avoid Himchan. But..it's ok, i got this." I took a peek of Himchan, who already was to his position, at the open part of the orange truck arming his shotgun. "Are you sure hyung? Because..you know, yesterday you had a quarrel." I nodded my head "Yes Zelo, i am sure. So you know about the quarrel i had with him last night? Nice.." I took a deep breath and then looked away from them. "So Zelo you go with  Youngjae and Jongup, i guess that's ok with you". Suddenly i heard honk, which surely was from the white truck. "That's Youngjae, he's tellimg us to go. So let's go." Yongguk looked at me, waving me to follow him. "I guess that you will not sit at the cabin with me right? Well..it's better to sit with Himchan. After all this just reconcile with him. He loves you Daehyun. And believe me, he had never stop loving you." "I know hyung." 

Some minutes later i was sitting silently next to Himchan with my knees touching my chest. My eyes were focused on the landscapes we were passing by. Only forest were surrounding us and the road was empty. No car were to be found, maybe we weren't at the main road so we would go unnoticed. Well, the United Governnent was chasing us, we had to be unnoticed. I turned my head towards Himchan, who was payimg attention to our surroundings with the shotgun near his hand in case something happen. The thing is that he hadn't spoke to me at all nor he looked at me, he was pretending i wasn't next to him. But i couldn't get mad with him, he was like this because of the inccident yesterday. The silent between us was killing me inside, i wanted to talk to him, to apologize for my rude behavior yesterday. He didn't do anythimg bad at all,he was telling me the truth and at this point i wasn't yet sure why i talked to him like that. I was feeling guilty, not only for talking to him like that but also for not apologizing to him last night. So, after some minutes, i gathered my courage to talk to him, after all i didn't choose to be at this truck for nothing. "So hyung..i think i own you an appologize for what i said and did yesterday. I am not going to excuse myself, i talk harshly at you and i shouldn't. I am sorry" I looked at Himchan, only to see that he hadn't turned his head at all he was still looking the road in front of us. "Daehyun i don't want to talk about this. You indeed were harsh yesterday but nothing is going to change. I will still remember every detail of the last night. But..anyway, it's good that you apologized to me, i thought that you would keep on ingnoring me." "Well, i guess that you know me. I am not that insensitive" Himchan chuckled and finally looked at me. "Sure i know you and you are right,you aren't insensitive. You always are guilty when you have a fight with someone." I, astonished, heard him laughing. It sounded more like a melacholic laugh rathen than a funny laugh, something that unexpectedly like it. "You know hyung,i really enjoy your laugh. You are like a different person when you are laughing." Ι streached my legs as soon as i started feeling more confortable. "Really? Well that was something i didn't expect to hear from you. Thank you..i guess." He ruffled my hair with his left hand, without making any eye-contact with me. I was taken aback at his sudden move but i didn't mind it at all. "So..i am currious..how exactly did we met?" With this question i finally managed to have his full attention, as he turned his whole body to look at me. "How we met? Well..that's a long story you know" I shrugged my shoulders 'I don't mind we have plenty of time. Yesterday i didn't have the chance to have a friendly conversation. Let's have it now." I smiled slightly at him. "I guess you are right. Well..i don't know wherw to start. I met you during my mission in Jordan. Me, Yongguk and other five guys were supposed to protect you. At that time you introduced yourself as the High Commissioner for human rights who worked at the united nations. Of course no one knew that you were an undercover spy. The Korean government sent us to protect you because you were at a war zone." I tried to keep up with him, but when Himchan mentioned Jordan, a new memory came in my mind. In that memory i was walking at an unknown place and Himchan was next to me wearing the same black suit i saw at the photo. We were walking together with Himchan carrying a gun at his back and me from the other hand with nothing than what's seems to be a cellphone at my hand. I couldn't recall where were we going or what we were talking about but i remembered that he was smiling at me,with the same smile that i saw some minutes ago. "Daehyun do you hear me?" I turned my head towards him, telling him that i was ok and that i did hear him. "So, as i was saying, i was there to protect you, 24/7 i was with you just to be sure that you were safe. That was my job. The days were passing and time by time i was falling for you without even realizing it. The weird was that i learnt that you were a spy for CIA, the first time i kissed you. As soon as i kissed you, you told me that you were a spy and i shouldn't have fallen for you" "I don't know. Maybe i said that because i was trying to protect you. Being in relationship with a spy i guess it would be dangerous for you." Before even Himchan had the time to answer, i heard his phone ringing and saw Himchan's smile suddenly dissapear from his face. "What is going on hyung?" Himchan without even looking at me, he picked up the phone. The phone call was short because in less than a minute he had put his smartphone back at his pocket. "We are going to have company soon"