Chapter 21

Memory Loss

One week here and i already felt very tired. Day by day i have to get better at fighting or at the shooting, the training gets harder and i have no time to search more about my past. Also, i have noticed that i rare see the other guys. Always, they are busy with something -which they never tell me what it is-. On the other hand, one good thing that happened to me these days is that i was getting closer to Namjoon. We have good connection and i feel that i know him for years. He had ,also, introduced me to his mates. They are six of them and as i could tell they are good at their jobs and loyal to their leader. I had agree with Namjoon to meet him -and the others- tomorrow at the refectory, to eat breakfast before the training with Himchan. What surprised me the most when i was with Namjoon, is that one day when we were going back to our rooms is  he told me that he knew about the memory loss that i had. Also, he told me that i shouldn't say to no one else about my condition because i was a superior here and i have to be maintain a certain image. I took a deep breath and lied down to the soft matress of my bed. I felt my whole body numb from today's training. But i couldn't complain. I had to train hard enough to get better. After a while, i closed my eyed and let my thoughts wander around my mind as i slowly started to get asleep.


"Daehyun, wake up! It's urgent." I felt someone grabbing hard my shoulders and violently shaking me. I open my eyes and after a few seconds i saw Yongguk in front if me with worry in his eyes. I have never seen him so worried before. "Hyung, what is wrong? Do you know what time is it? " I looke at the "watch" that they had given me the first day here. "It's almost 3 am." Yongguk grabbed my hand and made me stood up from my bed. "Daehyun. It's urgent. Don't ask questions. Come on. Youngjae is waiting for you. We don't have time." "Alright. I will come. Wait a second to change clothes." Usually at the night i was wearing simple black pants and a matching black training jacket with nothing underneath it. I would feel a little awkward if i was going to walk at the hallways of the building. "Didn't you hear me Daehyun? We have no time. Come on! " Yongguk's hold around my hand suddenly tighted and after leaving my room he rushed towards a direction unknown for me. I didn't have any choice than follow him without saying any word. I started to feel worried too, even though i still wasn't informed about what was going on. Soon enough he brought me inside a room which looked like a doctor's room. I saw Youngjae who was standing next to a chair.  At the room there was a glass-wall that was seperating this room from an another room which seemed to be an operation room. Yongguk pushed me quickly towards the chair and Youngjae held down my hands to the chair armrests. "What is going on? What are you doing to me?" I looked both at them with fright in my eyes. "Calm down Daehyun." Youngjae let my hands after placing a rubber band around my arm. "We need your blood. Don't ask me why. Look more carefully at your left." I nodded my head and turned to look at the direction he told me to. There was the glass-wall and behind it there was a hospital bed where ,after a good look, i saw Himchan laying at it. He was surrounded by tubes, on his hands, on his chest, on his nose. I couldn't see him clearly due to the material of the glass, which was slightly opaque and made it difficult to have fully the visibility. As i was looking at him, worried for his condition, i felt a slight sting on my arm. It was Youngjae who was drawing blood from me. "Tell me. What is wrong with Himchan hyung? I am worried. " I turned to look at them. "Daehyun, we will explain you later don't- " "Some days ago when i was at the arena with him, he suddenly dropped to the ground. He was in pain. I want to know why he is in pain." I felt Youngjae's hand caressing my hair. "You will know soon alright? Now just relax. I have this under control." I nodded my head and turned to look at Himchan again.


After almost half an hour, I was still sitting at the chair. Youngjae as soon as he drew the blood he left the room and went to the operation room. He pressed some buttons to turn the glass-wall to opaque and since then i couldn't see what was going on with Himchan. And that made me more worried. Yongguk was sitting at a chair close to the desk looking at me from time to time. "Yongguk hyung...what's wrong with Himchan? Can you tell me? " Yongguk raised his head to look at me and huffed. "Well...i am not good at explaining these kind of things. Youngjae is better. But i will try to explain at you as good as i can. " He stood up from the chair and walked towards me. "Before the memory loss of yours you were a spy as you can recall. Your last mission were in Jordan, you know, about the world war. You were so focused on finding the truth that sometimes you were taking risks that you shouldn't. Himchan tried to stop you, but you didn't listen anyone. One day you went all alone to save the scientist who discovered aphthartus and of course you failed. There were to many guys that they made sure not to let the scientist go. And..you almost got killed Daehyun. We had sent a team to bring you back. When they had found you, you didn't have pulse. You were dying and needed a heart transplant immediatelly. At that time we had a mechanical heart, but you were allergic at the material of it. So, your organism would reject it. Himchan volunteered to help...and because you two have the same blood type, he could easily do that by giving you his heart. And he did it. But the mechanical heart is still ongoing. It doesn't work properly. It needs blood from time to time to keep it working. So.. to this day..you still have his heart." I was looking at him with my mouth slightly open from what he told me. Himchan had gave his heart to me so i could survive and not die. And all of these had happened because i wasn't carefull enough. I didn't know how exactly should i feel. I was left dumbfounded. "So..he is here because of me..." I lowered my glance towards the ground. "And..when we were at his home, Youngjae told me that he needed my blood in case something happened to me.. he was lying right? He needed it for Himchan." He looked down at me and placed his hand upon mine. "Don't feel bad Daehyun. He did what he ought to do. He was your husband after all, don't forget that. " I raised my head to look at him. "My husband..." I chuckled. "I want to see him hyung. I want to see that he is okay. " "You should wait Youngjae first. And then ask him if you can see him. But, i think you should take some rest. Don't you want to sleep? " I shook my head. Sleep was the last thing i wanted right now."I will wait here. " "As you wish... and Daehyun, don't tell anyone here about Himchan's condition okay? It's secret. Don't ask why. " 


I waited a lot for Youngjae to finish and let me go to the operation room. By now Yongguk had left me because he was tired and Youngjae accompanied me to the room where Himchan was. "So, Yongguk told you everything huh? " Youngjae shrugged his shoulders and look at asleep Himchan. "Know you now why we brought you here in the middle of the night. " I nodded my head and looked at Himchan too. "He did literally everything for me... he even gave me his heart so i could live. " "He loved you Daehyun. You were his everything. He was even scared to the idea that he maybe would lose you. Now his condition is stable. Tomorrow morning he will wake up. Don't worry" I walked carefully towards Himchan and i reached to caress his cheek. "He must be feeling real bad knowing that i don't remember him. Or remember our relationship."  Youngjae huffed. "Yeah he is. But he has to get over him. You are not in love him. Right? " I stayed silent for a minute before nodding doubtfully my head. "Yeah...i am not. " I felt his hand on my shoulders and that made me to turn my head to him. "You should get some sleep Daehyun. Go back to your room. Don't worry about Himchan i will be at the next room to watch him over the next hours." "No. I am good. Can i stay a little longer please? I just want to make sure that he is alright. I will leave soon. " He smiled at me and moved his hand away from my shoulder. "Alright. I will be to the next room. " Youngjae took one last look at Himchan and left the room letting me alone with Himchan.