Chapter 14

Memory Loss

"By saying company i guess you mean bad company" I huffed as i was looking around for someone that was supposed to be our enemy. But we were alone on the road. The forest around us was peacefull enough. Nothing seemed to be dangerous. "Don't look around like that Daehyun. There are not here. They are waiting for us outside the wall." Himchan took his smartphone out, ready to type a number. "I will call Yongguk to tell him to stop the car so you can go with him. Outside with me you are in danger". I grabbed gently his hand, stopping gim from making the phonecall. "I'll be fine hyung. You need a hand here, i can leave you alone. I know you have another gun with you, a smaller one. Give it to me." My hand streched in front of Himchan,so he could give me the gun. "Daehyun.." He took a deep breath and looked at me. "I am not sure you can handle this. You still didn't recover your full memory. The skills you had when you were a spy were excellent but now-" "I will be fine hyung. Don't worry, you know i can not let you here alone. So..where exactly is the wall you were talking about? The only thing i see here is forest." Himchan turned his head to look at our surroundings "The wall..is disguised Daehyun" "Disguished? What do you mean?" "The wall is digitally disguished as a mountain so no one can go near it. United Government's decision. And as i can see we are almost there" Himchan grabbed his shotgun after handing me first the gun. "As soon as we pass the wall, two jeeps will be waiting for us. Try shooting at the wheels ok? I am going to kill them." Of course,always Himchan is taking up the hard part of the job. But i wasn't going to complain at all. Compared to him, i was just a newbie. "Fine. At least i can help here a little bit. But...can u ask you something else Himchan?" "Mmm..what is it?" He turned his head at me, without making an eye contact. He was focused preparing his shotgun. "You said the wall is digitally disguised. And...how exactly are we going to pass it? I guess we can't just..climb over it or something." "You will see soon Daehyun, don't be impatient." After taking a look around us Himchan took my hand pulling me next to him. "I suggest you to close your eyes. We are going to pass the wall" I, frightened, looked directly into his eyes. It waa obvious that his statement, worried me a little bit. "And why i have to close my eyes? It'a just a wall..a digital one. I don't understand the point of this" Suddenly, i felt a shake under my feet and soon enough the vehicle we were upon left the side road heading towards the mountain. "Are we going to that mountain?" I turned my head to the front so i could watch were exactly we were going. "If so, why we left the road?" I didn't receive any answer from Himchan. My eyes were wandering around the forest that was still around us,searching for am answer. Maybe we came here to hide or take a break. But soon enough, the realization of what was going to happen,made my eyes widden. "Don't tell me that.." We were heading towards the mountain, directly to the rocks. "We are going to crush! Himchan what is going on?!" Fear was now everything i could feel, it was like the time had freeze for me. Seeing that we were getting closer and closer to the rocks that were at the foot of the mountain was just terrifying. Out of the blue, as i was looking astonished and frightened at the same time the whole action that was unfolding in front of me, a gentle hand wrapped around my shoulder pulling my freezed body near him and a second one covered my eyes. In a split of seconds i was nesting in Himchan's hug. A sense of electric wave pierced through my body. I didn't know what was going on, the only thing i could feel was Himchan's heavy breath hitting my ear, making me calm and zone out for a little bit. 


I didn't know how long i was inside his hug, maybe it was three minutes or maybe an hour. The truth was that i was confortable in this possition but at the same time it felt so wrong. After all he was the man i was in love a long time ago. "Daehyun..." I heard Himchan's voice calling my name and the hand that was covering my eyes was now caressing my head. "It's over. We are outside the wall you can open your eyes." I didn't wait for him to tell me anything else, quickly i opened my eyes. The first thing i spotted was the differemce between the nature inside and outside the wall. Some minutes ago we were driving through a forest,i could clearly recall the tall green trees and the fields full of colorfull flowers. But this...the view in front of me was nothing like i was thinking. Everything was dominated by drought. There wasn't a single tree around and i doubt that there was any kind of animal around. The place was seemed to be uninhabited. A took a glance around but there was nothing else but drought. "You didn't expect to see that, didn't you?" I heard Himchan chuckle. "No..not really. Everything here is so..so different from the inside." I realized that i was still in his hug and he was still caressing my hair. He also realized it because some seconds later he moved his hand away from me. "Sorry...for a moment i forgot that..you know" "Yes...i understand don't worry" Embarrassed, i looked away from him. Again, we both remained silent, waiting for the momemt we would have to hold our guns. I thought that there was going to be someone here, someone we werw supposed to fight but except for the desert we were in,there was no one else around. Something was certainly wrong and i could feel it. 


Suddenly the vehicle which Yongguk was driving,stopped. Immediately, i looked at Himchan who, as soon as the vehicle stopped, he hit with his hand the roof of the truck. "Yongguk, what the hell is going on? We are not supposes to stop." Yongguk, got out of the truck and approached us. "We have problem Himchan, that's why we stopped here. Come down, let's talk" Himchan, quickly got out of the 4x4 truck. "Hey, i am here too. Don't you think that i should know what is going on?" I got off the truck too and approached them. "Yongguk, tell us, what is going on? We didn't plan on stopping here. They are going to be here soon, if we stop we are dead." "I don't know what is happening. Youngjae called me and told me to stop. He is going to tell us." Youngjae was walking towards us with Jongup and Zelo on his side. As soon as he was near us, both Himchan and Yongguk looked at him with worry on their eyes. "Guys we have a problem. That's why i gave an order to stop here. I told Yongguk that outside the wall there was going to be police. But..i have a message from the base. The police retreated. We have to change our route if we want not to meet them." "And you call that a problem? That's good for as. At least we will not have to fight" I shrugged my shoulders, still looking,focused,at him. "Daehyun, let me finish first. Yes, the police left, but they are replaced."  Yongguk then looked with a serious face at Youngjae. " Don't tell me that...is it what i am thinking right?" Youngjae remained still looking emotionless at Yongguk. "Oh no...that's it, we are ed." He looked away from us kicking the sand under his feet. "We should have think of that. Now we have to do something. Zelo volunteered to be the main target." "Can someone explained to me what is going on? Because i am confused right now." Jongup took a breath and looked at me. "The government replaced the police with humanoids. Those freaks are quite powerfull. The gun you have in your hands does nothing to it. We have the exoskeleton with us,but it's only one. Zelo will wear it and let's hope that he will make it."  Yongguk turned his head towards us. "I refuse to put Zelo in that danger. He is still a child. Come on" "Hyung, i can do it. We have discussed this with Youngjae hyung and Jongup. I will wear the exoskeleton and you will leave me there. They are only three humanoids, i will make it." Himchan,who at that time was quiet decided to step up on the conversation. "Yongguk is right. Zelo can't wear the exoskeleton it's dangerous." "And you can hyung? If you don't remember you have a problem with your heart." "You have a problem with your heart?" I looked at Himchan waiting foe an answer but he huffed and turned his head towards Youngjae avoiding looking at me."Youngjae,come on. Give me the exoskeleton i will handle this. I am good at this. Zelo has not ever fought with exoskeleton" Youngjae stayed motionless looking towards the ground. After some seconds he raised his head and nod his head. "Fine. Come with me,i will help you wear the exoskeleton. Yongguk will have as usual the D-Sniper, he will cover you. Are you ready?" "Always"