Chapter 10

Memory Loss

When they told me, back at the concole room, that we must leave New Seoul immediately, i expected that we would leave the next day or at least the day after tomorrow. Little i knew that after a month we would still be stuck here, at the same house that was next to the sea. It seems that it wasn't that urgent at all, we could safely stay there for awhile. All that time here, i was feeling like a prisoner. I wasn't allowed to go outside, or have a contact with anyone else than these five guys. At least i could freely use the exercise room and the shooting room whenever i wanted to. Since the day i learned about my past, about the man i was and the important job i did, nothing new was ever mentioned. Of course, in the beggining, it was difficult for me to believe such an extravagant story -i was convinced that it was impossible something like that could ever happen-but as the time was passing, more memories were popping out of nowhere. Memories that were related to the past me, such as some memories when i was under training for CIA or when i was on my first mission in Alaska. But i still didn't knew almost nothing about my "roomates". The only information that i had was that they were trying to protect me and that they were belong to the organization outside the wall. Even when i tried to ask more about them, they always were politely refusing to give am answer.

Thankfully, the days here were passing peacefully. The bond i have with them grew stronger eveyday. Especially with Youngjae, he was now like a best friend to me. The only problem i had was with Himchan. We were like the first day we met. Nothing changed, he was still cold and abrupt towards me. But that didn't really bothered me at all. Sure sometimes he was making me feel unwanted or useless but that was something i tried not to care about. 

Today they were expecting someone to visit us and Himchan was the first one insisting on that i should stay upstairs till the time the visitor leaves. And here i was now,sitting in the same bed i use to sleep everynight waiting for someone to give me the permission to go out. It was almost an hour since the visitor was here and no one had came upstairs, meaning that he was still here. The door was unlocked, i could easily go out and take a peek downstairs. Surely they would be siting at the living room next to the large window, discussing about the organization or the United Government, i couldn't be sure. After some time of trying to convince myself that nothing important was happening downstairs, curiosity had the best of me making me  leave the room and the confort of my bed. My steps were fast and at the same time light. I didn't want them to know that i was out of the room,i would get in trouble, so i had to make sure that i was unnoticed. Soon i reached the first steps of the stairs, i lowered my head just i little bit so i could see them but i was umable to see the visitor or the guys. I could only hear their voices. If i went more steps down they would surely see me, something that i didn't want to so i just stayed there, trying to eavesdrop their conversation. I couldn't made out what they were talking about, the only thing i could recognize was their voices. 

I spent almost ten minutes sitting at the stairs and listening their voices. The only thing i knew was that the visitor was a man and his voice was , oddly,familiar to me. I was sure that i had heard his voice before. Maybe the voiced belong to Kai, i only have seen him once but i had heard his voice. It wouldn't be weird if the unknown voice belong to someone i used to know. But since i couldn't understant the subject of their conversation nor i could see the visitor's face, i decides that it was time to go back to my room. This useless trip from my room to the stairs wasn't useful at all. I stood up and slowly walked back to my room. 

As soon as i was standing in front of the door, ready to turn the door knob i noticed that the door of the opposite room was open. No one was allowed to go inside that room except for Himchan. That's way that room was always locked. It didn't seem to be weird, since this was Himchan's house. But this day the door was unlocked. Maybe Himchan came here and forgot to lock the door. I thought that it would be better if i leave the door like this and continue doing what i was about to do but, once again, i was dominated by curiosity. Behind that room maybe was hidden something that would make me remember more things or something that was related to one of the guys. I looked around the hallway, just to make sure that no one came upstairs  and after that i approached Himchan's room. The first thing i noticed inside the room was the king-sized bed with the light blue sheet. The bed was in the middle of the room and a white nightstand was at the left side of the bed. A giant window, same as the one in the living room, was covering the right wall and a white closet was at the opposite side of the window. That's it. It was just a simple bedroom. Why would Himchan wanted no one inside this room? I couldn't find an answer for that question. Maybe he was just secretive. 

As  i was ready to turn around and quietly Himchan's room, something under the bed caught my attention. It was like a ripped piece of paper, i couldn't be sure. I bent down to reach that piece and as soon as i stood up and saw what i was holding, i became speechless. In my hands, i wasn't holding a piece of paper but a ripped photo of me. It wasn't a recent photo, that was for sure. In the photo i was standing next to a waterfall, smiling widely for the camera. Also, there was someone else in the photo, next to me, because there was a hand around my waist, holding me, but i couldn't know whose hand was that. The photo was ripped. This photo surely was comnected with my past but in a way i didn't know. I was still looking the photo carefully and thoughtfully to the point that i didn't realized that someone else was standing behind me. "What are you doing here Daehyun? I thought that we had agree to stay at your room" Quickly i hide the photo under my shirt and turn around to see Himchan who was looking at me with his hands crossed. Himchan was the last person i was expected to see, we usually don't speak a lot to each other. "Why are you upstairs? Weren't you supposed to be down with the visitor?" "The visitor just left. I came upstairs to inform you that you can leave the room but, to my surprise, you are here. How you get in anyway? The door was locked." I looked straight to him and sat at the king-sized bed. "The door was unlocked. I was ready to close it but..i wanted to see what was inside. It is just a room hyung, why are you so secretive about?" When i asked that, Himchan suddenly looked away like he was trying to avoid my gaze and took some steps back, so his back could face the white wall. "Daehyun. This room means a lot for me, you couldn't understand. You don't have the right to come here. Even if the door was unlocked you should have stayed outside." "If this room means a lot for you, why there is a photo of me here?" He looked at me astonished. Before he could even open his mouth to speak i stood up and walked to him. When i reached him, i pulled out the ripped photo. "Why there is this photo of me here?" Himchan as soon as he took a look of the photo, he grabbed it from me. "Never go inside this room again. Now leave" "I am not leaving until you tell me why you have a photo of me and who is the figure that has its hand around my waist." "You came secretly in the room even though i had told you not to come and you are expecting me to answer your questions? Leave!" "I am not going to leave!" I angrily placed my hands to the wall imprisoning Himchan between them and tilted my head to his side. Himchan caught me off guard when he looked peacefully at my face. I expected that he would push me away or he would start scolding me for being an intruder at his secret room, he was always a bit of jerk to me. But here he was, standing in front of me, looking directly in my eyes without saying anything. The truth was that i had never been this close to Himchan, without him screaming at me or pushing me away. I felt that i had been this close to him in the past. Something in the way he was looking at me was familiar. I couldn't understand why. Maybe i knew him in the past, that wouldn't be weird. Suddenly i felt him grabbing gently hands putting them down. "In the photo you are at the Niagara waterfalls. The photo was taken after your mission in Jordan. The other half of the photo i don't know where it is. The figure next to you, that is holding your waist is me. We took a photo together at the Niagara waterfalls. I had a mission with my team there and you came with us."