Chapter 12

Memory Loss

Silence was dominated inside the whole room. Everyone was looking each other but no one was taking the chance to talk to me. Yongguk took Himchan by the hand and after whispering something at him he turned his head towards me. "Your memory has increased in an excessive way and with the pill we can balance that. We are not going to erase your memory, don't worry. It's just that...there are some things that you shouldn't remember. For your own good." I looked at Yongguk shocked "That's it? You want me to take the pill so i can not remember something that you want to hide from me? That's insane. No one can control my life like this." Youngjae stood up and looked towards Yongguk "Daehyun is right. It's pointless to control his memories. If he is going to remember things,let him remember." I wasn't actually expecting Youngjae to stand up for me. It was a pleasant overturn of the situation. "You know how the things are Youngjae, don't put the blame on me" I saw Youngjae looking at Himchan, who at the time was looking away from us. "Himchan hyung. Let's end this. You should say what you have to say. There is no point to give him medication." Himchan turned his head to look first at Youngaje and after towards Yongguk. "Take Youngjae upstairs with you. I have to end this." "Are you sure Himchan?" Himchan nodded his head and after some seconds Yongguk left the living room with Youngjae by his side. 

We were alone, like we were in the morning. Himchan was standing in front of me with his arm crossed. From the other hand, me, i was still sitting in the couch, looking away from him. The whole situation was a little awkward for both of us."Himchan hyung. Why you wanted to stay the two of us in the living room? If you are going to hit me- " "Oh god Daehyun stop saying nonsence." I followed him with my eyes as he sat in the couch where Yongguk waa sitting some minutes ago. Even though the situation between us was intense, Himchan seemed to be quite calm. It was too calm for Himchan, something that he wasn't used to. "Daehyun there is something that we have not told you" "Really? Thanks for telling me captain obvious" Himchan made me so annoyed. Of course i knew that they were still hiding things from me he wasn't need to repeat something like that. But Himchan seemed to not like my response. "Daehyun enough with the irony!" Himchan stood up from the couch and as soon as he sat next to me, his left hand went directly into his pocket and took out the ripped photograph i saw this morning. "Why you-" Himchan interrupted me with a beck and some seconds later he took out another photograph, which seemed to be the other half of the photo. "I told you earlier that you wanted to come to Canada with my team. Do you know why?" He connected the two pieces and gave them to me. Indeed in the photo,the other half was Himchan holding my waist while he was also facing the camera with a bright smile. He was wearing clothes that surely were military except that they weren't the usual green color but black. I looked at the photo and later i turned my gaze towards Himchan giving him, at the same time, the two pieces back. "I don't understand why you showed me the photo. What does this mean?" Himchan took a deep breath probably because he started to feel a little pressured. "At the time we had this photo..you and me were married. Well, we had married when we were still in Jordan. You didn't want to let me alone because..you know, you cared about me." I remained silent while i was looking at him in the eyes. That was something i never expected to listen. At that exact moment shock was traversing all over my body. There was impossible for me to have fallen in love for a guy like Himchan. I was convinced that he was just trying to fool me. My gaze turned abruptly away from his and focused on the floor beneath us. "You are a liar... why are you lying to me hyung? Tell me!" My eyes for once again locked to his. "That is something exaggerated, don't you understand that?" Himchan held tightly my hand as he was trying to make me calm. "Daehyun i know it's seems crazy but you have to believe me ok? A lot of things have happened in the past...i-" He took a deep breath "I just don't want you to get hurt" "You don't want me to get hurt?" I pushed his hand away and stood up from the couch. "My life had dramatically changed the last month. I learnt that not only i was living a life that never happened but also that the United Government is chasing me. And you" I pointed my finger to him "And you are just playing with me with your lies! I was married with you? Really? I am not even gay Himchan! I am not! You can't just spill lies like this. Even if i was... i would never marry someone like you!" I took some small breaths to calm myself but before i even have the chance to calm, Himchan, also, stood up from the couch looking as irritated as i was. "I expected that you would be shocked or even mad but this.." He shook his head in disbelieve "No. I never expect this. You are not the man i loved nor the man i married. I don't recognize you. Of course i don't. It was my fault that you are like this. Put the blame on me." Suddenly Himchan moved his hands to grab a glass ashtray that was on the table. With an abrupt move he threw the ashtrey to the floor making it to shatter. I looked shocked at the small pieces at the ground while i was taking some steps back. "Do you want proofs of our marriage?" I didn't answer him. At that moment i was still in shock. I understood that he was angry but i was supposed to be angry,not him. "Look at me Daehyun and tell me an answer!" My eyes made contact with his angry furious eyes, but still no answer was coming from my mouth. "Fine. Don't answer. I will bring you some."

He left me alone in the living room for at least two minutes. I didn't know where he went,the only think i knew was that i was still confused and at the same time shocked. Himchan had left me speechless with his confession about us. I wasn't able to accept something like that. My mind was telling me that Himchan was just being dishonest with me for whatever reason. They had told me tons of lies since i met them, just to hide the truth. Why not now? Maybe he was lying to hide something else. Then, suddenly i heard some footsteps coming from the staircase and some seconds later Himchan showed up holding a paper and a brown paper envelope "Here" He, first , handed me the paper. "It's the certificate of our marriage. It has our names, the date, the stamp, everything. And in the envelope..well...it's our marriage vows." He threw the brown envelope to the table. "Stupid right? Daehyun. I don't expect you to come back to me or something. I don't expect you to love me as you loved me in the past. I don't care that you don't believe me, besides I am sure you will remember me when i was your husband sooner or later. I just don't want to be called liar. Especially from you,who i loved like crazy." I stood there, opposite of him, with some centimeters seperating us and i just couldn't say something. I was looking at him trying to understand the reason he was telling me this after so long. My hands were trembling while holding the marriage certificate, my marriage certificate. My eyes were thirstily reading it only to realize that Himchan was right. The marriage certificate had indeed our names and everything a certificanf like this had. "I  am not sure what i should say" I placed the certificate at the table, next to the envelope and then looked at Himchan. "Nothing. I don't want to hear anything from you. Today..you disappointed me." He turned his head away, avoiding my eyes. "I disappointed you? Then maybe if you were nice to me from the begining, we wouldn't end up like this. " I heard him huffing "There is a reason about this. Isn't it obvious? I don't want you to fall for me. It sounds egoistic, i know but..in the past you made some mistakes that could literally cost your life just to save me. I didn't want this to happen again. That's why i was being cold to you. Well..i guess it worked. You just told me that you would never date someone like me. I am also glad that you aren't gay anymore. It seems that you didn't only lost your memories but also your uality." Even though he was telling me all these he didn't look like he was glad. Indeed he was disappointed. I reached my hand to touch him, but he took some steps back and after saying goodnight he left, probably going to his room.