Opposites (Taeny)

Intertwined

"Are we really going to just waste today's perfect—, no, GREAT weather inside your apartment?" 

The taller girl sits up from laying on her lover's lap, clearly frustrated with the latter's lack of interest. Her girlfriend just stared at her then back to the book she's reading. "Fany-ah, I already said that if you want to do something outside then go. I'll just stay here. I'm not really in the mood to go out."

Tiffany pouts. Her girlfriend could be really hard to convince most of the time. 

"That's not what I mean Tae. I mean you, me, the two of us, go have fun and enjoy the day outside this boxy apartment." The younger girl now whines. "You know, go to the mall, or restaurant, or karaoke maybe? Even just a simple walk with you at the park? Just something romantic." She says in that cute aegyo tone, even lightly shaking Taeyeon, trying to convince her.

Taeyeon stares at her. She thinks Tiffany's ideas of romance can be burdensome and ridiculous at times. "But we're already spending time together here in the apartment. Isn't that what's important? Us spending time together?" 

What the older said may have worsened the situation as she sees Tiffany's brows slowly meeting each other. A sign that means she's being too unreasonable now. Tiffany rarely gets annoyed or mad at her. So when she does, Taeyeon knows that she needs to either concede or make her calm down, co'z if she doesn't, let's just say that it'll be the death of her. Which is why as soon as she saw Tiffany crossed her arms, Taeyeon panics and starts to think of something to calm the impending storm down.

The latter scoots closer to her girlfriend and hugs her by her side. With a deep breath, Taeyeon flashes her puppy eyes, even if it irks her to bits by the way, at Tiffany. Co'z she knows it works.

It always does.

"Babe, why bother tiring ourselves out by walking or going somewhere when I could just cuddle here with you while we watch some movies."

Yep, they are totally different from each other alright.

With this, the shorter girl hugs the taller even tighter. It didn't take Tiffany long to yield to Taeyeon's cutesy act. She smiles, succumbing into Taeyeon's embrace. 

It's not that she couldn't resist, well maybe a little bit, yes. But the thing is, whenever the older resorts to doing aegyo, she knows that it means she's really desperate. She always concedes for the older anyways. After all she knows Taeyeon too well. Maybe they even both know each other more than themselves.

Tiffany sighs at her defeat. "Okay okay. I lose, you win." She says raising both her hands up in surrender.

Seeing this as an opportunity, Taeyeon pulls Tiffany to her and lets both of them fall onto the couch, earning a squeal from the younger who's now laughing and lightly hitting her shoulders. 

Taeyeon just chuckles at the her girlfriend's reaction. 

How cute. Taeyeon thought to herself as she cuddled her this time, pecking the younger on the lips. The gesture definitely made Tiffany flustered yet giddy at the same time, making her smile with her eyes making crescent lines.

"I promise you, this day will be well spent even without having to go outside."

---

Well spent? 

Not having to go outside?

If so, then Tiffany doesn't know why she's out alone in the convenience store to buy a freakin strawberry milk.

The reason being?

Her girlfriend and her sweet tooth, that is. And also a tiny bit if her being whipped. She doesn't call it whipped tho. It's 'being-a-good-and-responsible-girlfriend-to-her-child-like-partner.'

Yes that's absolutely it.

Minutes after their cute fluffy act earlier, Taeyeon went back to reading her book while still lying down with Tiffany. 

At first Tiffany was fine with it, but then after more time passed and Taeyeon was still, well, being Taeyeon, reading her book without saying a single word, Tiffany gets a little annoyed.

"Yah. Kim Taeyeon. I thought we're going to watch a movie?"

"Oh.." The said Kim Taeyeon finally utters. Shocked by the fact that she actually forgot the movie she offered earlier, she sits right up and looks at Tiffany with an apologetic smile. "Uh, yeah yeah. Of course. What do want to watch babe?"

Tiffany sighs with a smile. Even though she's irritated, her girlfriend never fails to make her smile due to her natural cuteness. 

"Let's watch 50 First Dates then?"

The movie was immediately prepared and played by Taeyeon. But halfway into the movie, Tiffany noticed that Taeyeon was at it again, but not the with the book this time, rather it's her cellphone. Taeyeon is now playing Superstar SMTown on her phone with the volume at its highest. To this, Tiffany's annoyance cracks up a notch. With a stern and loud voice, the older's name was uttered once again. 

"KIM. TAE. YEON!"

Due to shock, Taeyeon got jumpy and accidentally drops her phone. "Wae wae wae?!" The latter said, innocently looking at Tiffany, wondering why her girlfriend called her out so suddenly.

Tiffany almost rolled her eyes at the older's response. She picked up the latter's phone and waved it in front of her, the said phone still emitting sounds from the game.

Taeyeon sighs, she hung her head low and rubs the back of her neck in embarrassment and defeat. "Arraseo. I'll focus on the movie with you now babe. Promise."

And so, she did. For a good 30 minutes, Taeyeon did focus on the movie. And not just that, she also made sure to coax her girlfriend and cuddle her close, a thing that she loves to do to her. But then again, it didn't last long. 

"Babe?" Taeyeon whispers to her girlfriend. "I'm thirsty. Can you get me a strawberry milk in the fridge?"

It was just one request, but she didn't expect her girl's fridge to be out of stock of strawberry milk since its the girl's favorite drink.


Really. She can't really fathom how whipped she is that when her girlfriend asked her with full blown aegyo, she agreed to go outside and buy her the drink. 

Well, it's an easy task anyway, not until she realized that strawberry milk isn't sold at convenience stores.

"Things I do for that kid." Again, sighing with a smile, she leaves to go to the supermarket.

---

At last, Tiffany is now in possession of one case of strawberry milk much after her search for her girlfriend's favorite drink. As she was paying for it in the counter, her phone suddenly starts ringing, and fair enough, her guess on who the caller must be was right.

"Babe, where are you? It's almost dark outside."

At the mere sound of her voice, Tiffany smiles.

Taeyeon can be kid-like and a tad bit immature at times, but she's very protective and caring of her. Maybe that's why she can stand all the latter's shenanigans, or maybe she just loves her so much. 

Yeah. She's a fool for her girlfriend.

"I'm at the supermarket and got what you wanted, love."

"Oh." Taeyeon now suddenly sounds excited. "Okay then. Hurry back okay? And be careful. I love you."

And there it is. The last three words that always makes her heart flutter, her stomach tickle, and her face blush, no matter how often Taeyeon would tell her those. 

"Yeah. I love you too." She said endearingly before hanging up.

With her smile never faltering, she finishes up paying and hurries herself home.

---

"I'm back." Tiffany announces cheerfully as she enters her girlfriend's apartment, but only to be greeted by a pitch black living room with no one else around.

"Did Taeyeon leave?" The girl asks herself.

If Taeyeon did leave, why?

As she was about to come to some irrelevant self conclusions, Tiffany finds a note beside the light switch.

Dining room, the note read. And with the looks of it, its Taeyeon's handwriting.

She raises an eyebrow, confused by the note. But nevertheless, she complies and heads straight to the dining area with the case of strawberry milk still in hand. Soon as she gets there, her eyes widen and her lips broke into a hearty smile. The place was lit with candles and there were rose petals scattered everywhere. And on the table, there was a bouquet of red roses.

It was really romantic.

Tiffany can't help but just stare at it in awe, and as she did, suddenly, an arm slowly snakes around her waist and hugs her. 

"Told you this day will be well spent." Taeyeon utters endearingly close to her girlfriend's ear, resting her head on the taller's shoulder. "Minus the not going out part. I wouldn't be able to do this if I hadn't sent you out. Sorry for that babe, and also for the other things earlier."

"Well I'll be the judge of that." Tiffany giggles, facing Taeyeon this time and wrapping her arms around the shorter girl's waist as well, pulling her much closer, sweetly giving her a kiss on the cheek. "But before I do, I wanna say thank you for this. It already makes up for earlier, love. Even more."

With much excitement and curiosity as to what her girlfriend has in store for her, Tiffany holds Taeyeon's hand  and guides her towards the table, but the older doesn't comply and stays rooted on her spot.

"Nothing on the lips?" The latter smirks at her.

"I don't know. Let's see after we have dinner, since I'm starving."

---

"You know what? I'm really thankful that you're my girlfriend." The older unexpectedly breaks the playful atmosphere both of them were having from washing the dishes.

Taken aback by the sudden seriousness in her girlfriend's tone, Tiffany was left silent for a good minute before she spoke again. 

"That was out of the blue." The younger replied, still a bit flustered, but trying to read the older's expressions.

Taeyeon avoids her gaze and awkwardly focuses the dishes. "I'm just saying. You always put up with my antics. I know I can be annoying sometimes, and if I were to date myself, I'd rather not." She deeply sighs at her abrupt confession since she was never the kind to profess what bothers her this easily. With all her courage, the latter tries to look at Tiffany. Seeing her girlfriend's worried gaze, Taeyeon chuckles and drops the eye contact, continuing where she left off.

"Our characters are totally polar opposites. You're a really positive person, while I always look for the negative things in almost everything. You like spending time outdoors while I'm a homebody. You are even very sociable while I'm kind of reserved. The point is, misunderstandings are common for us, and there are a lot of times that I make things even worse. But even with that, you still put up with me...

... I really am just grateful you know? Thanks for still sticking with me."

Even if terribly abashed, Taeyeon musters up courage to face her girlfriend again who surprisingly was already looking at her with a loving gaze and a beautiful smile.

"You see, this is why I can put up with everything." Tiffany starts, taking a step closer to Taeyeon.

"This?" 

Now the latter is confused. Why would her 'confession' be the reason?

"Yes. It's sweet Tae. You're sweet."

How can something like that be called sweet? The older can't help but wonder. Her girlfriend can really sometimes find her smile in if not simple, then weird things.

Tiffany might've already guessed what's going on inside the other girl's mind only judging by the look on the latter's face, so, she moves in a little bit more closer, hands automatically rests on her girlfriend's nape.

"Hey, you said it already right? We're total opposites. What might seem ridiculous to you, might seem sweet for me."

The younger's smile never wavered. And it made Taeyeon feel relieved.

"It's not just your sweetness. Even how you care for me, how you protect me. And even if you always try to steer clear of my request that might appear silly or unreasonable, by the end of the day, you always end up doing it, or you always try something much more to it"

Hearing these things, even though still a bit dumbfounded by it, put up a smile on Taeyeon's lips.

"But more to any of these..." Tiffany still continues. "...maybe the real reason is because I love you the way you are Kim Taeyeon."

The last sentence was ended by a kiss from Tiffany, on Taeyeon's lips this time. 

It was tender and sweet. A kiss that was supposed to be innocent, yet always gets Taeyeon love drunk, and like always, gets her addicted. Wanting more, Taeyeon rashly bites on Tiffany's lower lip. The sudden act made the latter whimper but still obliged, letting her lover slip her tongue inside .

Taeyeon dominated their hot kiss, exploring Tiffany's mouth and even gently on the latter's soft muscle which made the younger release a languid moan. Heat radiating from both of their bodies as they hungrily made out.

A hand was already creeping up under Tiffany's shirt when she abruptly broke away from the kiss, leaving Taeyeon groaning.

"We still need to finish the dishes love." Tiffany breathed out heavily, giggling after the kiss, trying to slowly push away from her girlfriend and to also pull her mind back to think rationally so that they can both finish the task that they were just doing before the make out session.

To this, Taeyeon chuckles. "Nuh uh." And with one swift pull, Tiffany squeals once again as Taeyeon carried her bridal style. "The dishes can wait until tomorrow. I want you now." Taeyeon said with a naughty smirk.

Tiffany just laughs at her lover's remarks as she was being carried to their shared room, thinking how the latter was quite right about them being completely different from each other,  like the sun and moon. But even though they are, their love for each other is what keeps them together. A kind of love that even a thousand nor million differences can't tear apart.

 

----------------------------------------------------------

 

I'm back again!!!! 

 

So here's the Taeny that I promised you guys!!! It's fluff by the way so hope you like it! :)

Another thing... I really don't know if the mild make out scene is considered rated m, but I just ticked the box to be sure.  

Thanks so much for your support to this one shot/short story compilations. Also, I really appreciate your comments and feedbacks guys. I really do read those! So if you have any pairing request, just comment down below! Or just comment whatever your thoughts are about the stories! :)

 

Also, I wrote another fic (ehemkryberehem). Please do check it out. :)

 

Still don't know the next pairing yet... Would y'all like JeongMi? (Jeongyeon x Mina of Twice. Sorry not really sure of their ship name. Just found them so cute and shipable. XD)

 

Well, that's all for now folks!

Author out!

Peace! ;)