Boss Jung (JessBer)

Intertwined

Disclaimer: genderbent

-----------

Dressed in a plaid suit with killer heels and a matching icy stare, Amber shivered at the sight. Even though she's still a few meters away, the confidence and that fearless demeanor that the girl is exuding blows him away, to the point that it actually scares him.

 

Yes. He's definitely scared of Jessica Jung, the CEO/Creative Director of the famous fashion brand Blanc and Eclare, albeit the fact that she's literally drop dead gorgeous.

 

"Good morning boss!" Yuri ever so cheerfully relays to the CEO as soon as she reaches the both of them, and Amber couldn't help but be overly curious as to where Yuri gets all that courage to talk to the woman.

 

"I trust myself in your hands today boys." Jessica relays with a small smile, but only to Yuri, co'z as soon as the CEO saw him, her smile instantly dropped, and for the second time that day, he shivers at the cold stare.

 

But even with his nerves, Amber tried his best and offered his goofy grin in return. Unfortunately for him, his boss only raises an eyebrow and proceeds to walk down the hallway.

 

"Don't worry kid, you're kinda new, that's why. Boss isn't really the type that easily warms up to people." Yuri manages to whisper to him before he rans to follow their boss.

 

Amber sighs at this. Who could blame him? He's actually already been working for her for over a year now.

 

"Yeah right. I'm 'kinda' new."

 

---

 

Days have passed and it's Amber's shift again, and he thinks that there might be nothing worse than having to guard a strict and scary CEO, until today happened.

 

He'll be on shift alone. Of all days, Yuri just had to call in sick and unfortunately for him, no one is available to replace him.

 

"Curse you Kwon." 

 

"Why curse Yuri ssi?"

 

"Omyfreakingod!"

 

Amber was totally startled, and it didn't help that he knows that soft yet strict voice that suddenly came from behind him. Quickly he calms himself and faces the owner of the voice.

 

"Oh, it's you." Jessica deadpans as soon as Amber turns around to face her. "Where's Yuri?"

 

"Uhm... About that, boss..." Amber trails off and figets as he doesn't know how to break the news to his boss that it will only be him for the time being. Not really able to stand his boss' cold stare, his pupils start shaking, looking at anywhere but those striking pair of eyes.

 

"So? Where's Yuri? Or do you still need me to repeat my question in a much more simpler form for you to comprehend?"

 

He gulps at her tone and immediately fishes out an answer from his mouth to avoid further embarrassment. "Y-yuri hyung has called in si-sick boss. I'll be the only one to accompany you today."

 

And to be honest, Amber wishes that he's not so observant the moment he sees his boss raise a brow and sport a quick but devilish grin at the information she just received.

 

For him, dying from a bullet is better than dying because your scary boss tortured you or something, co'z Amber is oh so sure that's what's going on his boss' mind right now.

 

Everyone can call him paranoid, he doesn't care. 

 

"I guess you're tolerable." Jessica states. Swiftly, she turns her heels and proceeds to confidently walk across the hotel's hallways, leaving a still wary Amber who quickly follows suit soon as he realize that his boss is already by the elevator.

 

---

 

The elevator ride was suffocating to say the least. Even though it was just a few minutes of silence, Amber couldn't take it. He is in fact talkative by nature, yet being in the same small space as his boss frightened every bit of him. He's scared of the fact that one mistake and she'll hit him, or fire him, or worse... Kill him with just her piercing glare.

 

But what's worse than the elevator ride was the rest of the day itself. Throughout his day with the CEO, he would constantly feel goosebumps at the back of his neck, having the feeling of someone staring, but whenever he looks back, he would only see his boss looking at anywhere but him. 

 

Spooky.

 

Another thing is that being alone with her exhausted him so bad. Maybe because he was alone this time, but it seems as though the the woman is torturing him. The CEO would always  sternly tell him to "Stay by my side." Yet nothing came out of other than those words. Staying by the woman's side meant, him walking with her back and forth through different fashion boutiques inside the big mall for hours, with Jessica basically shoving him all the things she bought, or having to guard her even outside the restroom. Whenever he was with his partner Yuri, he never has to do any of these things as he was always on standby outside the boutique or by the car and Yuri was always the one accompanying Jessica everywhere. 

 

"Oh for the love of god. Please let me live." Amber silently prays in his mind as he was now outside a restroom waiting for Jessica with tons of shopping bags beside him, until suddenly he hears a certain dolphin-like shriek.

 

Without any second thoughts, Amber barged inside only to find a very terrified CEO leaning against the wall and looking at a small spider peacefully situated by the sink. 

 

The sight was priceless to be honest. It was the first time he saw the CEO this frantic, and over a little spider at that, making him see Jessica differently now.

 

She's actually cute.

 

"Thank goodness you're here! Please get rid of the spider! Pleeeaaaaseeee!"

 

Amber couldn't fight back a chuckle seeing the CEO plead at him with puppy eyes. Is she still really the same person? Nonetheless, Amber does as he's told, but now with a smile on his face.

 

---

 

"Have a good night boss." Amber says before Jessica could come out of the car. Jessica pauses at this and looks at Amber through the rear view mirror, yet she abruptly leaves when she saw that he was also looking at her.

 

The action made Amber think that the CEO still hasn't warmed up to him, making him sigh. At least he's not that scared of her anymore, but still, he's kind of disappointed that she's still cold to him.

 

He was about to start the car again and leave when heavy-handed knocks came on his window. From the other side, his boss was looking at him as if she wants him to burn in hell, making him shiver.

 

Oh it was so wrong to think that he wasn't scared of her anymore. Also, he's more than confused as to what the woman still wants with him, but he rolled the window down nonetheless.

 

"Yes boss Jung?"

 

The greeting made the CEO raise an eyebrow.

 

"What's your name?"

 

His mind lagged because of the question. Did she just ask his name? All these time she doesn't know his name?

 

A snap of a finger woke him from his daze.

 

"Your name?" The CEO repeats, demanding.

 

"A-amber."

 

"Amber." The CEO repeated as if trying on calling out his name, the sound smoothly rolling off of her tongue. After she did, the CEO nodded and quickly turned back, but she didn't left without saying a sweet yet hushed "Take care. Good night."

 

---

 

It's been a while! Hi guys! :)

 

Here's something for you. As I promised, I won't leave stuff hanging. There might be more updates not just on intertwined but on all stories as well by the end of November I guess? Anyways, this one is just something small. Hope you like it!

 

Author out!

Peace! :)