Drama Kisses (WenJoy)

Intertwined

 

"Seungwan-ah, Yerim- ah! come here already! Sooyoung's drama is about to start!" Seulgi hollers from the living room at Seungwan who's washing the dishes, and at Yerim who's probably playing games in her room.

Only the three of them are at the dorm that night since Joohyun has a solo fansign and Sooyoung is shooting her drama. 

 

They'd always monitor each other's shows together like this, but for Seungwan, she particularly likes watching the shows Sooyoung is on.

 

She's her number one fan after all.

 

Hearing what her friend had said, Seungwan immediately dismisses what she's currently doing and rushes into the living room, passing by a slowly walking and yawning Yerim, and eventually plopping down on the sofa beside Seulgi.

 

"Whipped." The maknae deadpans as soon as she got in the living room and decided to sit next to Seungwan. Her comment was however ignored by the latter, yet it left Seulgi sniggering, specifically because looking at Seungwan so focused on the TV just proves what the maknae had just blurted out.

 

Seungwan is used to the members teasing her about Sooyoung, to the point that she doesn't mind it anymore. But honestly as of now, she just wants to focus on the drama. She always helped Sooyoung practice her lines after all. "Hey hush now! It's starting." Seungwan frowns as she scolds the two, yet instantly  smiles the second she saw Sooyoung on the screen.

 

The other two complies, but not before exchanging looks and chuckles.

 

Soon, the three of them got deeply entranced by the drama and started to focus more, even to the point of spouting out theories of what might happen on the succeeding scenes.

 

"I think they're gonna kiss though." Yerim blurts out, still focused on the TV screen.

 

What Seungwan heard from the younger made her eyebrow twitch.

 

"Y-yah. Yerim-ah." Seulgi nervously chuckles, reaching out to the maknae and lightly slapping her arm, before turning to Seungwan and assessing her friend's reaction. "What are you even saying? Look, Sooyoung's character doesn't look like she'll fall for the male character's tricks this soon though, r-right Wan-ah?"

 

To this Seungwan merely smiles before replying to Seulgi. "Well, I don't really know." 

 

Clearly she knows the drama's plot well, but she doesn't know what will happen in this particular episode of it. It's a scene that she didn't practice with Sooyoung after all. And it actually made her think if there is a kissing scene that will occur later.

 

But Sooyoung would've said so if there is, just like when she asked for Seungwan's approval when she had her first kissing scene for her previous drama.

 

Of course Sooyoung would. They're girlfriends after all. Seugwan understands as well, and to be honest, she thinks that the girl doesn't really need to seek her approval. She knows it's just work.

 

Surprised at her eonnie's answer, Yerim peels her eyes off the TV screen and looks at Seungwan with wide eyes. "Wait... You don't know what'll happen next?" 

 

"I just practice some of the lines with Sooyoung that she finds difficult to portray. I might know the plot of the story but I really don't know all of the scenes."

 

"And besides, if there is a kissing scene, you'd know about it, right Seungwan?"

 

"She doesn't need permission from me for her kissing scenes. I'd understand co'z it's wor—"

 

"Wait guys shush!" Yerim suddenly exclaims, cutting Seungwan off.

 

"Yah! Kim Yerim!" Seungwan turns to the younger, to only see her pointing at the TV screen while muffling a scream. "Yah! I'm talking here. What even..." 

 

Eventually, Seungwan's words died down when her eyes shifted to what Yerim is pointing at. She raised an eyebrow at the sight, and she can actually feel her blood boiling.

 

It's Sooyoung's kissing scene.

 

There really is a kissing scene.

 

And Sooyoung really didn't tell her or asked for permission from her.

 

"W-woah..." Seulgi unknowingly exclaims beside her, while Yerim is still muffling her dolphin noises.

 

The particular kissing scene is not like the previous one that Sooyoung did for her first drama. In Seungwan's perspective, that one was just a light peck on the lips, but this one, it's surely much more daring, and it lasted for quite some minutes as well. She's sure as hell it did, and she doesn't know what to feel about it.

 

It's just work. She already said she wouldn't mind. But why does she want to punch Sooyoung's co-actor in the face for some reason?

 

"Well that was quite intense." Again, it was Yerim who took Seungwan's mind off of her own thoughts. "Sooyoung eonnie's acting is getting good."

 

"Yeah..." Seulgi carefully nods, again trying to read her same aged friend's reaction on the matter, yet all she gets from Seungwan is a stoic face and a compliment that sounded way too half-hearted.

 

"She did great."

 

 

---

 

It was already past 9 in the morning when Seungwan woke up from her sleep. Normally they would all wake up by noon, but she promised she would cook them something for lunch today, which is why she had to wake up early.

 

After quite a few stretches here and there, Seungwan stood up from bed, a deep sigh escaping as she ran her fingers through her hair when she remembered how she couldn't even get a proper sleep due to Sooyoung's kissing scene replaying so much in her head.

 

Usually when Sooyoung has shoots that would drag on way past midnight, Seungwan would wait up for her just to make sure that she gets home safe, specially if she doesn't have any schedules for the next day.

 

But last night, she doesn't even know why, but she just doesn't want to wait up and see Sooyoung. It bothered her for hours last night. Something in her says it's because of the kissing scene, but she knows for a fact that it's part of Sooyoung's job so she really shouldn't be too bothered by it.

 

Shaking her head furiously to rid it of her damn thoughts, Seungwan inhales deeply and composes herself.

 

"It's fine, it's just work." She says like a mantra before she eventually goes out of her and Seulgi's shared room.

 

Once outside, she mindlessly goes to their kitchen, head down, rubbing her eyes, when suddenly a bright voice greets her.

 

"Good morning eonnie!"

 

The voice made her stop on her tracks. Knowing that the person who greeted her must've gotten home very late, it surprised her that she isn't sleeping soundly in her room she shares with Yerim right now.

 

"Soo-Sooyoung-ah..." Seungwan lifts her head up to see her girlfriend looking at her with a very bright smile.  "Why are you up so early?"

 

"Well... I missed you." And without warning, Sooyoung made her way towards Seungwan, enveloping the latter in her arms and resting her head on her shoulder. "So I thought I'll just wake up early so that I could see you first thing in the morning." Sooyoung sweetly relays as she nuzzles herself more into Seungwan.

 

And to be honest this soft character of Sooyoung that's only for her alone, would always make Seungwan's heart swell... 

 

... Not until her mind had to remind her of that kissing scene last night.

 

"Sooyoung-ah." Seungwan flatly stated as she slowly pulled back. "Just sleep."

 

The very indifferent Seungwan that Sooyoung just witnessed shocked and confused her. Seungwan rarely acts like this towards her, and when the older does, it's because she did something wrong. But she hasn't even seen her girlfriend since yesterday morning when she left for her drama shoot, so she's can't help but wonder why Seungwan is acting like this towards her. 

 

"Hey babe, is something wrong?" The taller girl asks, following her girlfriend that's now in front of their kitchen counter, back hugging her. 

 

"Nothing's wrong..." With a deep sigh, Seungwan releases herself from Sooyoung's hold once again. "Just... Just go to sleep okay? You arrived so late from the drama shoot, so sleep."

 

Yet however she tries to mask her feelings, her cold tone didn't go unnoticed by her girlfriend.

 

Sooyoung knows she could be quite a handful for Seungwan at times, specifically because of her blunt personality. A reason why she's very thankful to have Seungwan who puts up with her and actually makes her a better person. 

 

She could be prideful at times too, but she's not someone who would let their problems drag on for too long.

 

Sooyoung just loves Seungwan too much to even let that happen.

 

Which is why whenever she knows it's her fault, she always apologizes to Seungwan first. But how can she do that now if she doesn't even know what she did wrong and Seungwan is just refusing to talk about it.

 

"Hey, c'mon. I know something's wrong. Please tell me what it is."

 

"I said it's nothing Joy."

 

The mention of her stage name made Sooyoung's eyebrow twitch, a hand instantly falling on her hip. "Okay that does it. You called me Joy. Now what's the problem really?" 

 

It was the last straw for the taller girl. Co'z she knows there's definitely something wrong whenever Seungwan addresses her by her stage name if they're not in a professional setting. 

 

Yet, Seungwan doesn't answer her question and just proceeds to get the ingredients and things she needs to cook lunch.

 

The silent treatment worried and kind of annoyed Sooyoung at the same time. "Babe, c'mon." She tries to reach for Seungwan but the latter just shrugs her off.

 

Without even giving the taller girl a glance, Seungwan replies. "Just get some rest and focus on your drama. You seem to enjoy working with your co-actor Do Hwan. So you should be happy and well rested when you meet again."

 

Seungwan can't help but mentally face palm herself for the words that left . She sounded so childish, so immature... 

 

...So jealous.

 

To her surprise, Sooyoung abruptly held her hand and tugged her so hard that she ended up in an embrace with the taller girl, her hands naturally landing on Sooyoung's nape, and their closeness making it hard for her to not look at Sooyoung's eyes.

 

"Are you jealous?" The latter worriedly asks her, yet it made Seungwan so flustered to the point that she's now embarrassed and is blushing so hard.

 

Seungwan doesn't want Sooyoung to think that she's jealous, co'z that's just silly. In her perspective, it kind of is, specially because she's well aware that Sooyoung did the scene because it's just part of her work and nothing more.

 

"N-no I'm not!" Seungwan stutters with her reply, shaking her head furiously to just try and convince Sooyoung. But to hell with it because she knows for herself that she is lying and is indeed jealous.

 

Yet Sooyoung knows her all too well. The latter knows whenever Seungwan would lie, and in her perspective, the shorter girl is not that very good at it. So, Sooyoung flashes Seungwan a reassuring smile befor kissing her forehead and holding her even close. "Yes you clearly are. Please let me know why?" She softly states, eyes not leaving Seungwan's.

 

"No... I mean I shouldn't be." The shorter girl now lowers her head, ashamed of knowing that she already subtly admitted to her jealousy. 

 

There was quite a long pause between the two of them, and seeing how Sooyoung looks like she isn't gonna talk or release her hold on her anytime soon, Seungwan takes it as the taller wanting her to continue. And so even with her embarrassment, she does.

 

"The episode last night... It aired your kissing scene with Do Hwan ssi."

 

"Oh... That." Sooyoung replied, quite surprised at what actually got Seungwan jealous.

 

In their relationship, it isn't new for Sooyoung to be jealous, but it's a different story whe it comes to Seungwan. It might actually be the first time that she saw Seungwan jealous (except for that one time when she would always hung out with Seulgi when they were still not together) since the shorter girl has always been the understanding type.

 

And Sooyoung can't help but think how ultimately cute a jealous Seungwan could be. How the latter was now flushed red because of embarrassment, how she's all sulky and pouty right now that she's trying to coo her despite her coldness earlier, all of these Sooyoung finds adorable. It's a rare sight for her after all, and she can't help it when a soft smile escaped her lips.

 

A thing that didn't escape Seungwan's eyes.

 

"Yah. You're laughing at me." The shorter girl glares at the taller. "Should've known it's a bad idea to tell you this."

 

"Hey I'm not laughing babe. It's just that, you look cute when you're jealous." Sooyoung's smile grew wide, leaning in closer, she pats Seungwan's head and rests her own on the shorter girl's shoulder.

 

The action flustered Seungwan and made her all giddy. She can feel Sooyoung smile and it made the butterflies in her stomach just go crazy wild. Yet for now, she tries to dismiss the feeling as she explains herself to her girlfriend. "I'm sorry Sooyoung-ah, I shouldn't have been jealous... I know it's just work."

 

"Yes it's just work... But I shouldn't ignore the fact that you were bothered by it. I know you'd say that I don't need to ask you permission, but  still, I should've at least told you about it." Sooyoung apologetically relays to the older, fumbling the hem of the latter's shirt and still not lifting up her head. "I didn't tell you because I was kind of uneasy about that particular scene. I wanted to ask you for help but became too wary of how you'll react about it...

 

... I'm sorry."

 

Thinking how lucky she is to have Sooyoung as a girlfriend, Seungwan slightly pulls back so that she could face the taller girl. She bites back a smile as soon as she saw her girlfriend's face. "How could you even know the right words to say to comfort me? Where did you learn that?"

 

"From you of course." Sooyoung giggles as she teased Seungwan, making the latter blush again. "So... We okay now?"

 

"Yeah, we sure are."

 

"Good. Co'z like I said earlier, I missed you so much babe."

 

Without any warning, Seungwan suddenly felt soft lips on her own, dancing  and doing their way with gentle nips and on her lower lip. 

 

"S-Sooyoung-ah..." Seungwan calls out in between kisses as her mind started to get a bit hazy from what Sooyoung's lips are doing to hers, her hands now gripping on the taller's hair due to pleasure.

 

"You're the only one who I'd kiss like this..." Sooyoung whispers in a voice that made Seungwan shudder. "You make me go crazy, eonni."

 

"OH MY GOD. IT'S TOO EARLY FOR ME TO WITNESS THIS."

 

A loud voice that suddenly exclaims startled the hell out of Seungwan and Sooyoung, making the both of them suddenly jump away from each other. Seungwan even pushing Sooyoung so hard that she almost falls if not for the kitchen counter that was situated behind her. Both their eyes immediately darted towards the source of the comment.

 

A Yerim who's now covering her eyes with one hand.

 

"Well, you guys could continue if you want. I'll just myself to the bathroom and wash my eyes and pretend I didn't see that." The maknae nonchalantly states as she now walks towards their bathroom, peeking through her fingers to find her way, leaving the two girls speechless and too shocked for their own good.

 

"Oh! And please don't continue that in the kitchen! That's where we cook food!"

 

-------------------------

 

Saw a clip of Joy's kissing scene for her drama "The Great Seducer" and it  made me think of this kind of situation. 😂