Ex Girl (Kryber)/Part 4

Intertwined

Never would have I thought that she would go this far. How could she wait in front of the café before it even opens? Hell it’s like 5 in the morning for Christ’s sake!

 

Her eyes wanders around, maybe she’s getting bored waiting outside, and as her head slowly turns to my direction, I immediately hid behind this sketchy alleyway wall that I’m in now. “Gosh that was close!”

 

“What was close?”

 

“WOAH WHAT THE-“

 

And before I could even cuss, Henry flicked my forehead. Talk about violent.

 

“What are you doing here? Didn’t boss tell you to open the café today?”

 

Not really having it, I just answered him by pointing at the direction of the café. After he peeked, he turned to me and let out a sigh. “Yah. I told you to think about it didn’t I? So? Where did your ‘thinking’ take you?”

 

“I’m still torn oppa. I.. I don’t know what to do.” I confessed to him, my head down low, feeling really confused and helpless. I just don’t know what to do… All I know is that I want her back but I can’t have her back.

 

Clearly frustrated from my stubborn self, Henry quickly yanks me out of the alley and starts dragging me towards the café. “I’m not covering for you this time. You two need to talk.” He sternly says in a whisper, and as much as I want to escape from this situation, Henry is much stronger than me. As we slowly come near my impending death, I saw her looking at us so I immediately went behind Henry while he flashes a smile at her. “You’re here again!” He says in a very jolly manner. “I think I have what you’re looking for.” And with that, he yanks me again to face her.

 

“Ber…” Krystal said with a bright smile that melted me, then she turns to oppa. “Thanks! Henry right?”

 

“Yep! And no problem gorgeous.” He replied with a wink that earned a knife piercing glare from the one and only me of course. What a flirt. Henry just shrugged it off though and swiftly stole the café keys from the pocket of my coat. “I’ll be going in now. You two talk okay? I’ll take care of the stuff inside, Amber.” And with just that, he disappeared, not forgetting to lock the front door so that I wouldn’t be able to escape.

 

“You’re avoiding me.” Krystal suddenly begun, looking straight into me with her eyes that seems to depict sadness.

 

No. Not that again… I’m weak against those eyes.

 

“Did Henry tell you that?” I retorted, seeing how she and Henry seem to have been talking about some things that I don’t know since they look so comfortable with each other earlier. Not that I care or am I bitter about it. I tell you, I don’t!

 

“Why do you seem… Jealous?” She fires back with a cute grin on her face.

 

“I’m not!” Let me clear this, I. AM. NOT. JEALOUS. “And you didn’t answer my question.” I added.

 

In return, Krystal just smiles. “You clearly are. And no, he didn’t tell me anything. The only thing he told me yesterday was that you weren’t here and that I should go because it seemed that you weren’t be going to work.”

 

Well look at that, Henry oppa can really be loyal at times. But wait, did she insist that I’m jealous?

 

“I said I’m not jealous okay!?” I tried not to pout and not to look like a little kid arguing, but I think I failed when Krystal just cutely chuckled and pinched my cheeks making me embarrassed and blush so much because of the close distance. Not wanting her to see more of this side of me since it’s so freakin’ embarrassing, I looked away. Really flustered, I took a step back from her and decided to look at the sidewalk as I suddenly find it more comfortable to look at than the eyes of my ex-girlfriend.

 

Thinking about it now, If I hadn’t seen her here, If she didn’t decide to find me here, then by now I already must’ve moved on from her. I wouldn’t be torn like this…

 

“Ber…” She softly called the nickname she endearingly gave me back then,

 

“You should go Krystal.” I flatly told this younger girl in front of me, even though inside me, the most accurate description of the state of my heart and mind would probably be ‘in state of calamity’.

 

“Hey, like I said I will be as stubborn as you.” Krystal states in an imposing manner as her brows meet and her lower lip protrude, but it fades away immediately and was replaced with a sigh. “But well… I didn’t know you’d predict this but I can’t stay and wait in the café today.”

 

Woah… Did I just predict the future?

 

But wait a minute! Is she saying that she’s already leaving?! That can’t be! I still haven’t-  

 

Yet before my brain malfunctions from panic, she shot me a reassuring smile and explains herself. “I just need to attend something today. An errand my sister gave me and Seulgi.”

 

So she will be with Seulgi again… I felt a bit crestfallen knowing Krystal will be around her again… But I just want to be clear! I’M NOT JEALOUS… or am I…

 

Taking back my attention by clearing , she continues with a smile. “I won’t be bothering you today, but like I said, I’ll be stubborn. I’ll be back before the café closes. I still hope that you’ll take me back Ber.”

 

In a flash, Krystal kisses my cheek and holds my hands. “I already booked a flight back to Seoul tonight at midnight. Please don’t let me go.” And with a soft squeeze of my hand and a smile that will probably linger in my mind for the next few hours, she left.

 

---

 

“Did she really have to leave that early?” I voiced out, looking at the counter like it is a real person that I could talk to. “And she’s attending something with that charismatic girl Seulgi too.” This time, I suddenly felt like complaining to the coffee machine. “But it’s not that I care. I’m not jealous! Yes I still love her, but I’m not jealous right? AARGH! I DON’T KNOW ANYMORE!” Now I ended up shouting at the poor coffee machine in front of me.

 

And gosh when did I start to talk to inanimate objects?!

 

“Yah. What did our coffee machine ever do to you to that you’re shouting at it like that?” Henry oppa quips as he passed by me with a few empty coffee cups in hand. “Don’t be blaming the machine dude. Just accept it that you’re jealous, you can’t stand to know or see that she’s with someone else, and that you helplessly  want her back as bad as she wants you back.”

 

“You can’t just deduce my feelings and assume that you’re right oppa.” I glared at him as I blatantly took the cups from his hands, setting it up as I started to make coffee that’s supposed to go into it.

 

“But I’m right though.” He retorts in a sing song manner. “I saw how you glared at me when I tried to flirt with her earlier.”

 

“It’s not that!” I tried to defend myself, but kind of found it hard to come up with an explanation. “It’s just that… That…”

 

“What?” He teases me as I fumbled with my words.

 

“That… That you’re a trash!” Now that’s what I call revenge.

 

Henry feigns a hurt expression as he shut his eyes and excessively clutched onto his chest, making me lugh. “Ouch! Amber. Ouch! My fragile heart!”

 

“Nah, you’re fine oppa.” I said in between chuckles. He immediately drops the act and also starts chuckling, but it didn’t last long as his demeanor slowly turned a bit serious.

 

“But really, if you can’t take seeing her with someone else, if you’re this affected over some hot girl accompanying her and me winking at her, then doesn’t that answer your question.” Now Henry is in caring brother mode again. Quite bipolar, yet sweet and useful. “You’re jealous, Amber. And if you’re THAT jealous to the point that her seeing someone else makes you fume and die inside, then just take her back.”

 

A deep and long sigh was the only thing that I could offer as an answer.

 

“You said she’ll be going back to Seoul tonight yeah? Better make the right decision Amber.”

 

With that, Henry leaves with the cups of coffee in hand that I didn’t even knew I finished making.

 

The right decision… What is the right decision exactly?

 

---

 

It was almost closing time and Krystal still hasn’t gone back yet, making me worried and wonder what might’ve happened to her. Did something bad happen? Is she still with Seulgi? 

 

Or did she give up already?

 

I felt my heart clench at the last thought but decided to just shrug it off.

 

After I wore my coat, I turned the lights off of the staff room and went to say goodbye to Henry who is still mopping the floor.

 

“Won’t wait for miss ex?”

 

Gosh… The reminder is not helping at all.

 

“I don’t know… She’s not here yet, so maybe not.” I unsurely answered, making him heave out a sigh and nod. “Okay then, you be careful now.” He said, pulling out a smile and a small wave.

 

“Neh. Bye oppa.” I replied like so and continued my way out of the café. Soon as I opened the door, there, across the street, I saw her, walking with someone I have never seen before. The girl she’s with looks more mature than I am and has this certain charisma around her. The woman has her hands around a very brightly smiling Krystal.

 

My insides fumed when I saw how the girl looked endearingly at Krystal but my heart sank at how the latter hugged her so tight afterwards.

 

That certainly is not Seulgi…

 

Who is she anyways?

 

Well whoever she is, she looks like someone who makes my Krystal happy... And it should be fine since she makes her happy, right? Even if it kills me inside…

 

As long as my princess is happy.

 

Oh wait, I forgot she’s not mine anymore, and she won’t be mine again…

 

Maybe that’s the right decision…

 

“Who is that girl your ex is with?” I need not to turn around and look at who’s talking because I already know it’s Henry.

 

“I don’t know.” I monotonously replied to him as my heart keeps on getting shattered the longer I look at the both of them. I might’ve stood there and stared for too long when all of a sudden, Krystal looks at our way while the girl she’s with also turns her head towards us.

 

Not wanting any more of this complicated situation, I hurriedly took my leave from the scene, not looking back even though I kept hearing my name being called by her angelic voice.

 

Yeah, just run away again Ber. Run away from the hurt, the decisions, from her love, from everything. That is what you’re good at anyways because you are too afraid of the consequences. You’re a freakin’ coward, Ber.

 

With a bruised heart and a mind full of thoughts, I didn’t realize that I was already at my apartment building. Slowly making my way through the entrance, I felt a hand grabbed my wrist. “Ber, wait.”

 

“What is it Krystal?”  I asked, trying my best to look calm and collected despite the mess that I really am right now.

 

“Why did you walk away? I was almost at the café when I saw you, but then you suddenly stormed off. I tried calling your name but you didn’t even look back, so I went after you! Geez I thought you’ve made up your mind and don’t want me… back.” Krystal trailed off at the last sentence when she saw how I coldly looked at her, and the expression on her face turned from shock to sadness. “Have you really…”

 

Not being able to continue her sentence, I answered for her. “Just… Go back to Seoul Krystal… Please.”

 

With the words I uttered, tears slowly welled up in her eyes. She looks up, trying her best not to let her tears fall. “A-are you… su-sure?” She asks, her voice now cracking.

 

Say yes. Say it Ber.

 

But even with pushing myself, I can’t bear to say it and just nodded in the end.

 

“So, stubbornness didn’t work huh?” Her tears fell at that and I swear my heart was more than bruised nor shattered. Krystal looks away from me and bites her lip, probably to stop the sobs that was threatening to leave her. “I-I guess I should le-leave then…” She says, not being able to keep her tears anymore. Seeing her like this… I wanted to comfort her, hug her tight, but she steps back, eyes closed and fists clenched. “I’ll be going now. Bye Ber. I… I’ll still love you.”

 

I wanted to stop her, to say something to her, but I don’t know what to say, what’s the right thing to say. And before I could even do something, she was already nowhere to be seen.

 

She… She really left.

 

My ex-girlfriend left.

 

And now I’m all alone again, with no one to annoy or disturb me, with no one to tease me, nor love me. But maybe it was for the best… The best for her.

 

Empty feeling soon consumed me and it was as if the sky is feeling my sadness and wanted to share it with me as drizzles of snow started to pour. Feeling the added cold hit me, I decided to go inside my apartment and just maybe start to wing things from there.

 

Not knowing what to do or how to start again after what just happened, I just sat on my bed, my mind as blank as paper. It’s as if I lost will to do things… And I didn’t even notice that tears were already falling from my eyes. Did I really do the right thing?

 

I didn’t notice the time as my mind won’t let me think things and my heart won’t let me feel, not until I heard my phone ring and saw on the screen that it’s already 10 minutes past 11 pm. The number was unknown but I decided to take the call anyway. “Yoboseo?”

 

“YAH! YOU STUPID LLAMA! WHY THE HELL IS KRYSTAL GOING BACK TO SEOUL?! WHY DIDN’T YOU STOP HER YOU-“

 

“I’m not the right one for her Jess.” I sadly said amidst Jessica’s fury on the other line.

 

“YOU’RE PLAIN HOPELESS BER!” Jessica shouts at me mercilessly. She’s right though… And I deserved that. “Jess, I know, And I’m-“

 

“BUT THAT ARROGANT JERK DOESN’T DESERVE MY SISTER EITHER!”

 

Wait, what is she talking about? “Arrogant jerk? Who is that, Jess?”

 

“I’D RATHER HAVE YOU AS AN IN-LAW THAN THAT AIRHEAD!”

 

Jess still kept blabbering and just ignored my question as to who’s the person she’s referring to. Getting frustrated, I exploded. “SOOYEON JESSICA JUNG!”

 

With my outburst, she stops to listen. “Who are you talking about?” I sternly asked her.

 

“Krystal’s fiancé dude! Kim Jongin! You know, that notorious player? Son of the owners of Kai Enterprises! Jeez that guy really gets on my nerves! And clearly my sister doesn’t like him either.” I heard her scoff on the other line as my mind was still trying to process her words. Krystal is what now? “Didn’t Krystal tell you that it’s the reason I tried to find you? So that she could escape the arranged marriage and you could take care of her? I trusted you that much you know? And you just send her away knowing that she’ll be married to that… unless, she didn’t tell you did she?”

 

All her blabbering took a while before it sunk into me. “She’s getting married?!”

 

“Just as I thought. Soojung wouldn’t tell that to you… She doesn’t want to force you into anything, she loves you like that.”

 

She didn’t tell me… She kept the burden to herself, yet she tried to win me back even though she knows she could easily have me back just by telling me that…

 

Everything slowly started hitting me.

 

What the ing hell! I shouldn’t have let her go! What have I been thinking?! I know for myself that I couldn’t take it if she ever becomes someone else’s girl, but I still ignored that! Just because I was afraid to make decisions, just because I was afraid, just because I was feeling inferior to her. I didn’t trust myself enough in making her happy.

 

I should do something. I made the wrong decision and I should make it right. I love her, and I need to take her back! She can’t go back to Seoul and get married to someone she doesn’t even love!

 

“I still have time.” I voiced out, remembering that her flight is not until 12 midnight.  

 

“Time? What are you talking about?” Jess asked, confusion clouding her voice on the other line.

 

“Her flight is not until midnight!” I looked at my wall clock and saw that I still have 30 more minutes till 12. I need to hurry. “Gotta go Jess! Like always, thanks for everything! I promise to take care of your sister!” I sincerely relayed to her despite the rush.

 

“Okay just go and don’t let my sister marry that trash!”

 

I hung up on her after that and didn’t even bothered to change from my work clothes. I dashed out of my apartment and saw how the snow was pouring quite heavy, and that’s when I realized that I don’t have a plan on how I could get to her on time. “Geez! What do I do know?!” I ruffled my hair out of frustration and started pacing back and forth, not even paying attention to the cold snow on my shoulders. After some time of thinking, I suddenly remembered something that might be useful. Henry has a motorbike! It’s a good thing that his apartment is quite near mine!

 

I called him as I was running to his apartment, and thank heavens he answered! “Oppa can you come down like right now? I need to borrow your motorbike! I promise I’ll explain the situation later!”

 

Without any hesitations, he replies an “Okay.” and I immediately cut the call. Soon as I arrived, he was already outside with his motorbike, waiting for me. I mounted the motorbike as fast as I can and he tossed me the keys. “Thanks for this oppa! I really owe you this time!”

 

Henry wholeheartedly smiles at me as he gestures for me to leave. “it’s fine! Now go and be on your way!”

 

I only managed to nod at him as a reply and hurriedly left on the motorbike. I drove through the highways as fast as I could since the airport was quite far. Dodging cars and trucks, and even rushing through traffic lights. Never have I been this reckless in riding a scooter but I don’t care. I need to get to the airport fast, before Krystal even boards. I took a glance at my watch and caught the time. 11:45 pm, it reads. This won’t do. I drove even faster, speeding my way to the airport.

 

11:50 p.m. 

 

10 minutes left. I dashed through the security and through tons of people, trying to find where Krystal’s flight is. When I found where she should be boarding, I ran as fast as I can, giving out all energy I have left. I just hope she hasn’t boarded the plane yet… Jebal… Please still be there.

 

 

I can’t lose her again like this…

 

When I got there, I easily spotted her amidst the long line of people boarding.

 

“KRYSTAL!” I shouted, trying to get her attention, and I actually did, and not just her, but the rest of the people that were there too. Every single one of them is staring at me, but I don’t care. All I care about right now is Krystal, and how I would relay my feelings to her.

 

And to be honest, I was beyond relieved that she hasn’t boarded yet, but then there is this lingering nervousness creeping in from the back of my mind.

 

Will she still hear me out after what I did to her?

 

Will she be mad at me?

 

Will she accept my heart still?

 

All my attention is just on her, how she’s looks so confused right now at my abrupt appearance.

 

Slowly, people started murmuring at each other, maybe wondering as to who I’m there for. Seeing how Krystal was still frozen on her spot, I just decided to continue what I have to say.

 

“First of all Krystal, I wanted to say I’m sorry.” I looked straight to her as I said that. “I really still love you, princess. But I was a coward. You already said that you’d still have me back but I relented just because I was so afraid that I might not be able to make you as happy as back then anymore.” Suddenly I pause, feeling heat emit from my eyes, indicating that I’m at the verge of crying now. A surge of ‘aww’ s were let out from the people that surrounded us. “I’m sorry that you had to deal with my stubborn and inferior self. I really wanted you back too, but I had never let you feel it and just took everything, every effort that you put in… for granted.”

 

My last statement is what made me break into tears, but still, I tried to maintain eye contact. It’s true, I’ve taken her for granted, and I really regret that…

 

“Another thing is that it shouldn’t have took me this long to take you back. Your sister told me everything and I’m very sorry that it still had to come to this. I shouldn’t have let it come to this. I hope you can forgive me princess.”

 

“Forgive her!” Someone from the crowd announces. Again, people start murmuring things, yet I still couldn’t care less as I was still trying to get through Krystal’s blank look.

  

Is she mad?

 

Disappointed?

 

Frustrated?

 

I don’t know, but whatever she’s feeling right now, I still want to say something. Not taking my eyes off of her, I decided to relay my feelings. “I love you Krystal. I never actually did stop loving you. I wanted to move on back then but I couldn’t just let my feelings for you go. And I hope I’m not too late to take you back. Please let me take you back. I’ll love you twice as much and will care for you twice as much too. I might be struggling financially but I will make sure to give you the things you needed and make you happy. Please don’t go princess… Please stay.”

 

There was dead silence after that long confession I just made, and everyone was looking around once more trying to spot who ‘Krystal’ is. Then suddenly, Krystal starts to walk from her spot towards me, and all eyes just started to follow her every move. She stops in front of me and frowns. “You know I hate attention.” Krystal whispered.

 

All I can do is gulp at her cold stare. Good thing the crowd that was surrounding us started on cheering.

 

“Just stay!”

 

“Forgive her already!”

 

“She looks sincere!”

 

“Say you love her too!”

 

“Just kiss already!”

 

Those, and a whole lot more opinions were voiced out, just like a cliché movie ending, but even with all their support, what matters most is her answer.

 

I looked at her with nervousness when all she did was raise an eyebrow.

 

“Well, since you made me work so hard just to be able to be with you again, then I guess I will just have to punish you by making you do tons of things for me… love.”

 

Ending her statement with a smile and our endearment back then, I knew, that that’s her way of saying that she won’t leave… And that she’d gladly have me back.

 

Reciprocating her smile, I hugged her and spun her around, making the crowd go wild with their cheering as the guards tried to calm them down.

 

Soon as I set her back down, I once again got caught in her mesmerizing eyes. “I love you Krystal.” And with that, I gave her a movie ending worthy kiss on her lips that rendered her shock but she soon reciprocated as well.

 

Both of us tear apart from the kiss after a few seconds and the blush that I found on her cheeks after was really adorable. She just stood there in my arms, probably speechless and embarrassed.

 

But still, my ‘cliché-movie-ending’ scene wasn’t done yet as I still have one more thing I wanted to say to her.

 

“I’m really happy that I’m not your ex-girlfriend anymore.”

 

--------------------------------------------------------

 

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE!!!!

 

This was too long. Yet I was still not satisfied. (These days, I suddenly was just not satisfied with the stories I write…)

 

Anyways, here is part 4 and I hope you guys will like the ‘cliché-happy-ending’ :))

 

Stay tuned for another Kryber!

 

And no one even voted for that bonus one shot that I was supposed to write… :((( I’m starting to think that not a lot of people like my stories and just read it for the sake of just reading something… Please do comment. :(

 

I still appreciate the views and the subscribes tho! Thank you to the new subscribers!!! Love you guys!

 

Author out!

Peace!