Ain't Misbehavin' (SeulRene)

Intertwined

“Can’t you really go Hyun?” Seulgi can’t help but get all pouty and sulky, like a 5 year old, in front of her girlfriend. “It’s the end of the year party! And we could go home a bit early if you want to. I really want to introduce you to my co-workers too. ” The girl is practically pleading right now.

 

She’s pleading for her girl to go with her to their company’s end of the year party.

 

But much to her disappointment…

 

“I really can’t Seul. My shift doesn’t end until 10 pm tonight.”

 

Irene originally wanted to come with her girlfriend when the latter invited her a week ago. But unfortunate events happen, and now Irene suddenly needs to switch shifts with one of her colleagues this New Year’s eve.  

 

“Then… Maybe I just won’t go.” Irene’s cute pouting girlfriend tries to guilt trip her, knowing fairly well how the former knows that she wants to go to the party so bad.

And not just a few seconds into it, Seulgi can already see the guilt in the elder’s eyes. But instead of yielding to her like what Seulgi had expected, Irene just shakes her head. “Yah, you really wanted to go there. You should go Seul, I’ll be fine. It’s not like I’ll be alone here at home, I’ll be on shift remember?”

 

“A-are you sure?” Seulgi asks, a bit hesitant. She really wants to be with her girlfriend and celebrate with her for the New Year, but she kinda wants to go to the party too. And she knows Irene. How the girl would always spoil her and let her do things like this.

 

“It’s fine babe. Maybe I’ll just pick you up after my shift is over. We could both spend some alone time and celebrate with each other.” Irene offers her a bright and sincere smile to appease her bear with the idea. “How about that?”

 

Well the idea is not bad as Seulgi thinks about it. It works! She gets to spend time with her beloved girl, and could still also get to see her friends at the party. With that, Seulgi fervently nods in agreement.

 

“But only on one condition though.”

 

“Condition? What is it?”

 

“That you promise to behave at the party.”

 

It’s not that Irene doesn’t trust Seulgi, but she fairly knows how the latter gets when she’s really drunk. She gets all flirty. It’s already hard for her that her girlfriend is always hit on when they go to clubs because who wouldn’t? Kang Seulgi is just drop dead gorgeous.

 

With a huge cute grin that made her eyes disappear, Seulgi nods once more, like a little kid accepting a bargain with her parents. “I promise Hyun!” She says sincerely and cheerfully, and Irene can’t help but reciprocate the bright smile her girl is sporting.

 

“Okay then. You have fun there. Don’t get too drunk, and remember, behave.” Irene gives the girl one last warning, ruffling the latter’s hair in the process.

 

Obedient Seulgi it is for tonight then. The younger girl happily thinks to herself.

 

---

 

“Yo! Seulgom!” A boyish girl with short black hair that is slightly taller than her approaches her with a drink in hand and a very dorky smile. “I’m glad to see you here!” She shouts, trying her best to be heard amidst the blaring music.

 

“Glad to see you too Amber! You look like you’re already having a blast!” Seulgi shouts back at her friend, seeing how Amber already looked like she had drunk more that quite a few bottles.

 

“I am! And you should too! Let’s drink lots since it looks like little miss ‘girlfriend’ is not with you tonight!” Her friend grins mischievously. “The others are there at that booth! And I also spot that gorgeous girl from the accounting department! Kim Taeyeon!” Amber adds, nudging the shorter girl playfully. But Seulgi has other plans for the night.

 

“Nah. Just a few drinks here and there and hanging out with you guys would do. Nothing too wild for me tonight.” Seulgi smiles in contentment that made Amber her head to the side, clearly confused.

 

“Really?”

 

“Yep. Promised my girl that I would.”

 

Seeing how her friend looks so smitten just by the thought of her girlfriend made Amber chuckle. “Okay, okay. Suit yourself then! But now, let’s just go there! The others are waiting!” She said as she dragged Seulgi to their booth without a warning.

 

---

 

It’s only just 45 minutes past 8 pm and Irene is already kind of worried about Seulgi. Knowing how her girl is someone who hardly says ‘no’, she’s just worried that Seulgi might end up yielding to peer pressure if her co-workers ask her to drink a lot more than her limit. She doesn’t want her girl to end up drunk and get flirted with and be taken advantage of, since she’s also flirty herself when she’s drunk.

 

Also, she wants to check up on the girl to know if her cute girlfriend is having fun with her friends, co’z a happy Seulgi makes her happy as well.

 

Setting aside some of her work, Irene reaches for her phone inside her bag and texts the said girl

 

To: SeulBear <3

 

                Hey, how’s the party? Having fun? :)

 

After sending the text, Irene went back to her typing spree on the huge PC in front of her. Geez, being a programmer is tiring.

 

A few more minutes into her work, Irene notices that it has been a few good minutes and Seulgi still hasn’t replied to her yet, rendering her to think that the girl must’ve been enjoying herself already. Deciding to not disturb her girlfriend and just let her have fun, she goes back to her typing, thinking that if Seulgi doesn’t after a good 5 minutes, she would proceed to calling the girl. But not just more than a few seconds after, her phone rings, and to her surprise, it’s Seulgi.

 

“Hyun!” Seulgi calls out cheerfully from the other line. The latter’s joyful tone making Irene smile.

 

 “Hey babe. How’s the party?”

 

“Oh it’s fun.” Her girlfriend replies. “But it would’ve been perfect if you were here.”

 

And saying that her heart didn’t just skip a beat at Seulgi’s statement would be a lie. They’ve been together for 3 years now and all those years Seulgi must’ve used every cringey, sappy line in the book, but it surprises her how the latter always has a lot more stuff that makes her heart flutter, makes the butterflies in her stomach go wild, and makes her blush madly.

 

Calming herself down, she starts to chat with Seulgi. “Well, it’s nice to know that you’re having fun. Just enjoy your time there with your friends for the meantime okay? We’ll both spend New Year’s eve later anyways. I can have you all for myself then.” Irene says the last sentence quite playfully, wanting to girlfriend, but to her surprise, a different voice replied.

 

“You can take this smitten girl outta here right now if you want to Irene-shi!”

 

“I… Uhmm… I’m sorry but who are-”

 

“YAH! GIVE ME BACK MY PHONE AMBER!”

 

Rumbling noises were heard after that and Irene can’t help but think of how really funny the situation was.

 

“Sorry ‘bout that Hyun, my friend Amber was snooping and suddenly snatched my phone.” Seulgi sounded really apologetic on the other line.

 

“It’s fine. Say to her that it was nice to meet her.” Irene says, actually amused at the situation.

 

And then again, she heard Amber shouting at the background. “Nice to meet you too Irene-shi!”

 

That was the last Irene heard of Amber after she heard her girlfriend quietly shooing the girl. Irene just can’t help but giggle, imagining Seulgi cutely reacting to being teased by her friends.

 

“Hey! Are you laughing at me Hyun?”

 

The question Seulgi gave out with a cute demanding tone made Irene giggle even more, imagining a pouting and dumbfounded Seulgi in front of her.

 

“Mianhae. I just thought the two of you were cute.”

 

“Nah. You and I are much cuter together.”

 

And there it was again. Those damn butterflies.

 

“Y-Yah. Kang Seulgi!”

 

“What?”

 

It’s no use though. Explaining to Seulgi that she’s too cheesy won’t work. The girl is naturally like that. Straightforward and speaks her heart out. One of the things Irene likes and admires about Seulgi.

 

“Nothing” Irene sweetly utters, a smile never leaving her face. “You should go back to your friends babe. They must already be looking for you.”  

 

“Can’t I talk to you a bit longer?” The younger’s whiny voice was clearly evident from the other line.

 

But even though Irene also wanted to, she still has stuff to finish first if she wants to go home early and spend time with her girlfriend.

 

“I also want to babe, but I still need to finish some stuff first. And the sooner I finish, the sooner I can pick you up. In the meantime, spend time with your friends and enjoy yourself there at the party okay?”

 

A cute and bright “Okay!” was the only thing that Irene needed to make her bite her lip in a huge effort to not grin too much.

 

“You behave there okay? You’re dead if I catch you flirting with someone!” The older girl feigns seriousness in order to hide how giddy she feels to the younger one.

 

“I promised Hyun! I ain’t misbehaving tonight. I’ll only just think about you.”

 

She doesn’t know how her girlfriend does it, how her girlfriend can reduce her into a speechless, incoherent, and blushing mess. “Y-yah, Seul..” She shyly states, not knowing how she could even react to her girlfriend’s never ending sweet statements.

 

“Oh! Gotta go! They’re calling me for a toast! Can’t wait to see you later Hyun! I love you! Bye!”

 

And that’s how Bae Irene’s heart ended up doing summersaults as she tries her best not to giggle like a high school girl drunk in love.

---

 

“One shot! One shot! One shot!”

 

The cheers of her peers echoed through Seulgi’s ears as she watches one of her friends, Moonbyul, holding a beer bottle in the air. The girl gestures for the cheering to stop and as soon as it did, she started to gulp her beer in a one shot, making the others cheer for her once again.

 

In just a matter of seconds, another friend of hers, Luna, nudged her to do the challenge. “C’mon Seul! One shot!” She hollers through the ear shattering loud music.

 

“I already had a couple of shots Lun. I’m good with that already, I don’t wanna get drunk.” Seulgi nicely rejects her friend’s offer.

 

Luna just shakes her head and laughs at the very obedient girlfriend that Seulgi is being right now. “Aish! I envy you Seul! It must be nice to be in love.” She teases the younger girl. “But she did say you should enjoy though! So why not a couple more shots?” Luna bribes her, slowly handing her a shot glass with vodka.

 

The liquid inside the gleaming glass seemed inviting for Seulgi, but she fiercely shakes her head, remembering that she promised her girlfriend that she won’t get too drunk. “No can do Luna. I’m a behaved girlfriend tonight!”

 

With Seulgi’s words, her friend can’t help but just find the girl too cute for her own good. Like a cute kid trying her best to stay still and not be naughty.

 

The party was actually fun for Seulgi. Even with only a few shots here and there, the company of her friends, and occasionally getting down on the dance floor is all that she needs to enjoy herself. But then of course, it isn’t complete without Irene. She kind of already misses her girlfriend as she wants to have fun with her. She’s sure that Irene would enjoy it here.

 

For quite some time, Seulgi only stayed at their booth, chatting with her friends, when suddenly, Krystal from the HR department comes to their booth. Without a doubt, the rumors were true. The girl that suddenly sat next to her was indeed pretty. But Seulgi didn’t expect the girl to extend her hand out to her.

 

“Hi there. I’m Krystal by the way. You’re Kang Seulgi right?”

 

“Yeah…” Seulgi politely accepts the handshake even though a bit confused. “Uhm… How did you know my name?” She tries to ask in a manner that wouldn’t seem offending.

 

The pretty girl in front of her giggled as a reaction. “Well, who wouldn’t know the famous charismatic girl from the research department. Almost everyone has their eyes on you, you know? Even I was caught by your charms.”

 

Oh god no. With the way Krystal is staring at her, add the things she said, it’s obvious that she’s flirting. But with the ever nice girl that she is, she needs to try and reject her politely as possible. Before speaking, Seulgi pauses for a bit, thinking of what she should say, but before she could even do it, the girl named Krystal spoke again.

 

“It’s a pity that they say that you already have a girlfriend. Is it true?”

 

The sudden relay of her personal info shocked Seulgi quite a bit. “Yes I do. How did you know that? Are you a stalker?”

 

Rather than getting offended on Seulgi’s sudden outburst, Krystal just shrugs it off with a chuckle. “I’m not that creepy silly. Apparently, rumors fly around the company really fast, that’s why.”

 

The situation Seulgi is in right now made her feel awkward, she doesn’t know how she will respond to the very straightforward girl in front of her. Good thing that it seemed that the latter sensed how the other girl was feeling and decided to lighten up the atmosphere.

 

“Hey, don’t be too tensed. I don’t bite.” Krystal playfully shoves Seulgi. “I just came to say ‘hi’ and to ask you if you really have a girlfriend or not.”

 

“And now that you know that I have one?”

 

“Then my objectives have changed. Let’s just say that I came over to say ‘hi’ and be friends with you. Being friends with one of the pretty ones from the research department can be useful. More people can notice me and I can meet a lot of girls.” The pretty girl jokingly says while wriggling her eyebrows, making Seulgi burst out with laughter.

 

“Okay! Friends then!” The latter announces, shaking Krystal’s hand once more. Withthe awkward meeting, the two continued to hit off perfectly as they chatted with each other throughout the remaining night.

 

---

 

“Valkyrie Club” Irene reads the sign on the building. It’s the club where Seulgi is having their end of the year company party. “Maybe I should go and fetch her inside. I also want to meet her friends too.” Deciding to continue on her idea, she hops off the car and goes inside the club. As soon as she got in, the blasting party music greeted her ears and her eyes were flashed with the strobe lights. Irene starts looking around, trying to spot Seulgi amidst the crowd, yet to her surprise someone comes up to her and bows.

 

“Hi there! You’re Irene right? Seulgi’s girl?” The short haired, tall girl in front of her extends her hand. “Hi I’m Amber by the way, the one you spoke to the phone earlier!” She dorkily smiles at her.

 

Irene accepts the handshake and was quite amused at how Amber knew it’s her. “Pictures.” Was the next thing that the short haired girl told her. “I’ve seen your picture on Seulgi’s phone. You’re her lockscreen.” Now Irene just wants to be swallowed by the floor out of embarrassment.

 

“I- uh, yeah. Anyways, do you happen to know where Seulgi is?” She tries to ask Amber, and also to change the topic.

 

“Yeah! She’s at the dancefloor!” Amber points at a certain brunette that is ily getting down on the dance floor. Surely Seulgi looks freakin  hot whenever she dances.

 

Thanking Amber for the information, Irene struts towards her y girlfriend dancing to the music. She comes up from the girl’s back and puts her hands on her girlfriend’s waist. She just can’t help it when her girlfriend is just that hot, y, and irresistible. Startled, Seulgi got jumpy and took a step back. “Hey! Who do you think- HYUN!”

 

Irene was tackled by a hug when Seulgi realized that it’s her. “Didn’t I say that you should behave? Why are you all over the dancefloor, dancing so charismatically like that. I don’t want other people to see you that y you know?”

 

Seulgi bites her lip at Irene’s statement, but soon it was replaced with a childish grin when she remembers how much she wants to brag to Irene that she behaved well tonight. “I kept my promise though! I didn’t get drunk, I didn’t flirt. All I did was hang out with the guys and dance.”

 

“Well then you get a prize from me.” Irene sultry says as she pulls the younger girl by her waist, moving closer, intentionally grazing her lips lightly on Seulgi’s jaw. “So, you wanna get out of here and find out what it is?” The older whispers, ending her tease by lightly on Seulgi’s earlobe.

 

“That would be great.” Seulgi replies with a gasp. Instantly, she pulls away and grabs Irene by her hand. “Let’s get out of here. I wanna misbehave with you.”

 

Now that surely surprised Irene, but nonetheless, it’s fine since she wants to misbehave with her anyways.

 

-------------------------

 

Here’s the Seulrene one! Gonna do the Kryber later!

 

 Thanks for all the comments guys! I feel really loved whenever you do! FREE INTERNET HUGS FOR EVERYONE!!! ^^

 

Also, thank you so much to the new subscribers! Welcome to this one shot collection thingy majigy guys! <3

 

And lastly… HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE! I WISH YOU ALL A GREAT YEAR AHEAD!!!

 

LOVE YOU GUYS!

 

Author out!

Peace!