Right By Her Side (SeulRene)

Intertwined

 

Athleticism was never in these two girl's vocabulary, but after they left a lot of their fans in awe when they won a silver medal in archery, things changed. Maybe that's why both of them suddenly found themselves agreeing to do the ceremonial first pitch for the baseball game today.

But still, the bear was not that confident about it.

"What if instead of throwing the ball towards you, it hits the ground? Like what happened to Jessica unnie." Seulgi suddenly started to worry as it was an hour before the game.

Being that ever loving and caring girlfriend of the worrisome bear, Irene cooed her. "Don't worry too much. I think you'll do great, love. And besides, we can still practice for an hour." 

These are the times that Seulgi thinks that she's really lucky to have Irene beside her as her girlfriend. The leader never fails to reassure her, to make her feel that she always has her.

Seulgi genuinely smiled at Irene's remarks and holds her hand. "Thanks Hyunnie. Let's practice then?"

 Irene nods, and for an hour, Seulgi practiced her pitching. The baseball players even helped her in certain things like how to properly grip the ball and how to properly throw it. All the while, Irene was also there with her, practicing how to bat while Seulgi throws the ball. 

Irene actually needs not to practice batting because batting for the first pitch doesn't really require you to hit the ball, but nonetheless she practiced with her girlfriend, a way of showing her support to her beloved bear.

That whole hour of throwing balls repeatedly didn't go to waste. Seulgi was able to throw the ball forward, not like what she feared of throwing it onto the ground, and Irene was able to swing her bat safely. The throw wasn't anything exceptional, but for the fans, it was more than they expected, and for Irene, since it's Seulgi, then it was the coolest.

One of the privileges of throwing the first pitch is that they get to watch the game, food already provided. But there's just one problem for them, and it's definitely not the food.

They don't know how the game works.

It wasn't really unexpected of the two, given the fact that sports never was something both of them were familiar with. Good thing their manager does know a few, and after their manager explained to them how baseball is done, Seulgi started to get too engrossed in the game, almost to the point of forgetting that her girlfriend was with her.

Just like that, Irene was unintentionally ignored by focused Seulgi, leaving the former trying to figure out the game alone.

The hopes of Irene gaining Seulgi's attention magically disappeared when their food was served. A bucket of chicken and a litter of coke was now the hungry bear's target. And it didn't help that Irene can't eat any of the dishes that was served.

Seulgi worriedly eyes Irene as she knows that her girlfriend wouldn't be able to have even a single bite, but Irene just smiles at her.

"Just eat your fill, love."

And with those words, hungry bear eats, and she's been at it for a couple of minutes now. Cutely munching on the chicken while her eyes are glued to the big LED screen. Again, Irene forgotten at the background.

Irene hates it though, she hates it that she still finds this bear beside her cute and lovable even when she's obviously sulking because of her. But then again, she knows how Seulgi can be like this sometimes, too focused to the point that she becomes a bit dense. The main reason she always throws tantrums and sulks just to get the younger's eyes back on her, co'z as selfish and spoiled as it may sound, she always wants Seulgi's attention.

As Seulgi was busy watching the game, Irene notices how clumsy the bear was eating her chicken. Crumbs of it left on her lips. It bothered Irene that Seulgi can't even notice it, so she guides Seulgi to face her and wipes the younger's lips with her thumb. "You're eating like a kid Seulgi-ah."

Seulgi's heart fluttered at Irene's action, add the fact that she's weak against Irene's assertiveness and stares as well. Yes she was also slightly embarrassed because of her kid like actions, but all of these was overpowered by the butterflies in her stomach as she didn't notice that she ended up staring at Irene who's now back to figuring out baseball. And Irene's confused face was very adorable in the bear's eyes.

Feeling Seulgi's deep stares, Irene turns to her girlfriend only to find a bear with a bright smile on her lips causing her eyes to almost disappear into thin crescent lines. 

"Wh-why are you l-looking at me like tha-that?" Flustered Irene asks.

The younger one just chuckles. "Nothing. You just look so adorable when you're confused. Want me to explain the rules again..."

Irene was about to jump out of giddiness and joy with what she heard. Not only did she gain back Seulgi's attention, the bear even found her adorable, which is a bit embarrassing if it came from her but was also somewhat heart fluttering.

But then, Seulgi continued on her comment.

"...Yenal saram?"

"Yah! Who're you calling an 'old person'?!"

And with just that, instead of receiving warm smiles from her girlfriend, Seulgi received punches on the stomach and hits on her arms. Still, she welcomed each hit with a laugh while Irene continued her blows while laughing too. 

This is exactly why the younger likes to older girlfriend, co'z of how she reacts to it like a fierce kid who wants revenge but really can't co'z well, she's a kid.

But then, Irene suddenly stops. 

"I hate you."

"No you don't." Again, Seulgi with her bright smile.

And it didn't take long for Irene to also smile along, but trying to still play hard to get, she conceals the happy feeling and pretends to sulk as she looks away from Seulgi.

"Yes I do."

"No you don't." The bear says trying to follow Irene's face to make eye contact. And as she succeeded in doing so, Irene falls into her trap and was unable to control the smile she's been hiding.

"See! You're not mad at me!"

Already caught by the younger girl, Irene just gives in. "Arraseo arraseo! Just explain the rules to me again then so that I can understand."

As easy as that, Irene now gets what she wished since the start of the game. Seulgi's attention. The latter started to explain to her the rules of the game as simple as possible and as the bear does so, she finds herself smiling while intently listening.

After that, with Irene already understanding the rules, both of them started to cheer together whilst enjoying the game and each other's company as well. The bear even initiated for them to take a selca and a video that is either to be posted later on on their Instagram account or to be just kept  on their phones as a memory of how they enjoyed their time together at the baseball game.

When it ended, as the two of them proceeded to exit the stadium, Irene can't still grasp on how much fun she had today. 

It's true that she had a roller coaster ride of emotions because of Seulgi, but then again, it's something she actually is happy with and enjoyed. 

"Joohyun unnie!"

A voice suddenly calls her while she was walking behind her girlfriend. She stops on her tracks and turns around to find the owner of the voice, letting Seulgi walk much ahead of her. Surprisingly, she sees a fan who she is familiar with.

Excited by how her idol actually turned to her call, the frantic fan started to jump, making Irene giggle. "Unnie, did you have fun at the game?"

Did she?

With a cute chuckle, she answers the fan.

"Yes I had fun!"

Indeed, anytime or anywhere, as long as she's right by Seulgi's side, then it will surely be fun.

--------
Another Seulrene.

For those requesting for Kryber, I have one up my sleeve, but then, I can't post it yet. I hope you all wait patiently and enjoy this for the meantime. 

Thanks so much for subscribing to this story! Also for the comments, I highly appreciate those feedbacks of yours! Thank you very much! :)

Author out!
Peace! ✌🏼️