One Last Time (TaengSic)

Intertwined

Short prologue for the next chapter. ;)

----------------

 

"We should break up."

 

This was it.

 

The last time she'll ever be with her.

 

The last time she'll ever see her.

 

It's the last time for the two of them to ever be together.

 

Never had Taeyeon saw this coming. How she would be the cause of the tears that's been ceaselessly falling from the person that made her feel that she's the most special, but here she is, standing right in front of her, with nothing to offer but her lover's freedom.

 

Freedom from the hurt.

 

Freedom from her.

 

It's what her lover needs. It's for the best. Who is she to deny what would make her lover's life better, happier?

 

"Taeng..." The woman crying in front of her calls, seemingly desperate. "Taeyeon I... I'm so sorry."

 

Taeyeon shakes her head, hands running through her blonde hair. She decides to not meet her lover's eyes, she can't. Instead, Taeyeon looks up, eyes fixated at the ceiling, wanting to stop her tears that are threatening to fall. She doesn't utter a word.

 

"It's just too much for me Taeng. I-It just h-hurts so much." The woman explains, pain and sorrow evident in every single word she says. 

 

A huge sigh leaves Taeyeon, something she didn't know she was actually holding. Biting her lip to prevent herself from sobbing, she gains the courage to look at her. 

 

At the woman that's also very special to her and that she cherishes with her life.

 

"Sica, I'm sorry too." She starts off, trying her best to keep her composure. "I've been selfish, to the point that I wasn't able to see that you're hurting..."

 

The air that surrounds them have gone cold. All the regrets they have towards their relationship flashing before the both them. 

 

Their relationship was mess. Even before it started, Jessica knew that it would be problematic, but the brunette tossed those thoughts aside, all because she wants to be with Taeyeon.

 

Because she loves Taeyeon.

 

But it was too toxic, and her pride can't take it anymore. She can't take being her mistress anymore.

 

Even if she still longs to be with her. She knows...

 

"...We're not meant to be together Taeng."

 

Tears now flowed through Taeyeon's eyes. She knows that something like this would happen eventually, but she was too confident that maybe Jessica would still stay. Yet the resolve in the other girl's eyes right now proved her wrong.

 

Jessica wanted change, yet Taeyeon wanted everything to stay the same.

 

If only Taeyeon could stop time, she would so right now, because even with having her wife, even if it may be too selfish, she still wants to hold on to her, to Jessica.

 

But Taeyeon also immensely cares for Jessica, too much that keeping her hurting is something she wouldn't stand for.

 

Breathing in deeply, Jessica composes herself and stares at Taeyeon with a bittersweet smile. "I guess this is the end then. Goodbye Kim Taeyeon." 

 

With what's left of her courage and self respect, Jessica starts to walk away from the person that she made to be her everything. But even before the brunette could leave, she feels those arms that she always longs for, envelop her in a warm embrace.

 

It shouldn't be like this, but she can't deny that the affection displayed by the blonde is making her resolve sway, and she can't let that happen. 

 

No, not again. 

 

Not anymore.

 

But when she was about to protest, Taeyeon hugs her tighter, and Jessica could feel the other woman's tears, could hear her sobbing, and it instantly breaks her heart.

 

"Please Sica... For one last time, please... Can I have you like this just for a little while...." Taeyeon desperately pleads "Just one last time Sica... Just for a few more minutes, seconds.." 

 

Jessica doesn't have the heart to break her lover even more, so she  lets the blonde be.

 

Slowly Taeyeon calms down, and the time that Jessica will actually leave her life now approaches. The blonde knows that once Jessica walks out through that door, she would never ever come back to her.

 

It is something that's very hard and painful to accept, but Taeyeon knows that letting Jessica go is what's best for the both of them, and so she lets her hands fall from the embrace.

 

That was Jessica's sign to leave. Without looking back, she walks towards the hotel room's door and opens it. But before she could take a step forward, she stops as she hears Taeyeon's voice call her for the last time.

 

"Sica... Before you leave, I want you to always remember one thing...

 

... I love you."

 

Jessica closes the door, sobbing uncontrollably as she walks away from the most beautiful disaster of her life.

 

Kim Taeyeon.