The Truth Is..?

DESTINY

Eunji POV

I let out sighed on my desk. It’s already 10.30 am after my class ended. I stare at the books on the shelf, blankly.

Flashback

“I’m sorry if I make you upset”

I look at Hakyeon who silently sat beside me. We are left behind by Hongbin and Youngji at the park because they are enjoying play with Hayoung nears the lake.

“There’s nothing to be sorry about. Not your fault.”

“But, after Taekwoon came to your house last week, you seem to avoiding me? Why?” I asked him.

Hakyeon look into my eyes. Deeply. Then he smile.

“You didn’t tell me that Taekwoon and you have a serious relationship.”

“And you didn’t tell me you know Taekwoon.”

Hakyeon went silent and just look in front without saying anything.

“There’s nothing to talk about between me and Taekwoon. It’s not important. But, at least you have to tell me that Taekwoon is your fiancée. So, we can avoid any misunderstanding.”

I let out sighed. “What did you mean by misunderstanding? It’s not like we have a special relationship to keep it secret. Taekwoon is not the type to get jealous easily.”

“Really? I thought I saw he looked like a jealous boyfriend when he knew you work at my house last time” Hakyeon smirk.

“No..He’s not..He..He understands me. “ I stutter with my words.

“I guess, you guys aren’t close enough. Are you sure you going to married that guy?”

I chocked. Why did Hakyeon asked me that hard question. Me, myself doesn’t even know if I can marry Taekwoon or not.

“By the way, how did you know him?” he asked me while looking at me.

“About 2 years ago, we met at our family dinner.”

“So, its family arrangement after all..”

“Basically..yes.. But we both learn to love each other..“

I’m eyeing Hakyeon expression. He’s expressionless. I don’t know why I said like that. To make him jealous? But why?

“You and Taekwoon is childhood friend, right? So you must know his family.. His mom and dad”

Hakyeon turned his head towards me. He nodded.

“Let’s not talk about this. Not fun” He close the topic right away. Now, I am sure he and Taekwoon have an issue between them. He seems so uncomfortable everytime I talk about him.

End flashback

 

KRINGG!

I got startled. The bell is ringing showing that its already 12 pm. Hurriedly, I clean up my desk and suddenly someone tap my shoulder.

“Miss Eunji” The headmaster standing beside me while holding something.

“Yes, Madam. May I help you?”

“Could you please check the students files before you go home? I am already organized it, I just want you to make sure everything is complete. Then you can just put it on my desk” The headmaster put the files on my desk.

“Alright. No problem”

I take a look into the files one by one, checking every details of the students and making sure all the data are complete. My eyes stop at Hayoung personal detail.

“22th June 2011. Tomorrow is 22th June. So her 5th  birthday is tomorrow” I smile. I’ve got an idea.

:

:

Taekwoon POV

While holding the script book, I tried to memories all the line. The new musical starring by me and some of the senior actor will be launching next month. So, I have to work harder and make sure this musical can be as successful like my previous one. But, honestly I got distracted lately. This is all because of Eunji and Hakyeon. Knowing she work with him at his house makes me feel something. Something must be going on between them.

“Hyung, are you okay?”

Jaehwan tapped my shoulder while sitting beside me. He smiles genuinely. Lee Jaehwan is one of the musical actors that I’m close with. Even though he’s 2 years younger than me, he’s seriously one of the hoobae that I respect. When it comes to singing, I like his vocal range.

“Did you have problem hyung?”

“Do I look like that?”

“Yes, you are. These few days, you seems can’t concentrate on your practice. You always forgot your lines” Jaehwan showed his concern.

“I don’t know. Suddenly I feel lost.” I look at Jaehwan.

“Why? Did you have problem with your family or with your girlfriend?” Jaehwan chuckled little bit at the word “girlfriend”. Nobody knows Taekwoon’s private life. He is so secretive and never shared anything about his personal.

“I don’t know..”

“Okey, look.. If you really have problem with someone, you should take initiative and try to talk to that person, face to face. Tell the person on what you have been keeping inside you.” Jaehwan give out his advice.

I smirk for a while. I didn’t know this kid literally have the mature side of him despite being called the 4-D kid by the actors here. Jaehwan is seriously having this side of him although he sometimes acts childish.

“Thanks for the advice, Jaehwan” I patted his head and walk off the room. I need to see Eunji.

:

:

NOBODY POV

It’s already 10pm. Eunji already prepared all the things she bought this afternoon. Hayoung so excited after knowing that she will celebrate her birthday tonight. Although she said, this is the first time she celebrate her birthday and to be honest Hakyeon doesn’t know about this small birthday party. Eunji making sure her foods already cooked and she placed it on the table at the living room. She smile satisfied with her effort today and look over the living room. Full with balloons and also small banner on the wall saying “HAPPY 5TH BIRTHDAY, CHA HAYOUNG”

“Why he didn’t come home yet? Its nearly 11pm now” She take a look at the garage as if Hakyeon already home. Not usually he is being late like this.

“Unnie, when will we start our party?” Hayoung approach her at the front door.

“We’ll wait till your dad come home. Okay?”

“But, I’m already sleepy. Dad will be late I think” Hayoung yawn cutely and hugging Eunji waist.

“erm…okay then. We’ll start..come..” Eunji close the door and walk towards the table that is so full with the foods and cake.

“We will sing together and then you can make a wish. After that, blows the candle.”

“Okay” Hayoung look excited while looking at the chocolate cake in front of her.

 They sang the birthday song together happily. Hayoung got to blows the candles and she grabs the knife to cut the cake in piece.

“What is this?”

Suddenly Hakyeon step into the house only to found that the living room looks different than usual. His confused face obviously shown after he read the small banner on the wall.

“Dad, we celebrate my birthday. Tomorrow is my birthday. Unnie said we can celebrate tonight. Look, we have cake” Hayoung run towards Hakyeon while holding a piece of cake.

“What is this, Eunji? Whose birthday are you celebrating?” Hakyeon face turned into serious look. No smile from his lips.

“Err.. Tomorrow is Hayoung birthday right? 22th June? So I prepared…”

“Who allowed you to do all of this?” Hakyeon toned change. He sounded mad.

“I am sorry because I didn’t get your permission. But..”

“Dad, don’t be angry to unnie.” Hayoung is scare when she notices that her dad doesn’t like this thing.

“Hayoung, go to your room now” Hakyeon look at Hayoung.

“But, I want to eat this cake..”

“I said now!!!” Hakyeon raised his voice.

Hayoung started to cry and throw the cake on the floor. She run upstairs and shut herself in her room. Eunji startled a little bit after Hakyeon went mad at Hayoung.

“Hakyeon, why did you shout like that to her? This is not her fault” Eunji approach him.

“I want you to throw all of this. Nobody in this house are celebrating birthday. Did you get it??!!”

“But why? Is it wrong to just have a celebration on Hayoung birthday? Why did you get mad all of sudden?”

“Hayoung is not allowed to celebrate her birthday. What’s with all this stupid things you got?” Hakyeon tearing the small banner and throw it on the floor. He really mad this time.

“If I offended you, you can just shout and mad at me! But you don’t have to make things worse by saying all of this as a “stupid things” when obviously I make this for Hayoung” Eunji fired back the words to Hakyeon when she finally can’t stand him. She can’t understand what make him so upset about celebrating a birthday. After all, it’s his daughter birthday.

“I don’t care for whatever reason you have, but at least be considerate. Think of Hayoung feeling. Tomorrow is her birthday. Can you understand her and be happy at least for her?”

“No one understands me! Why would all people want to celebrate her birthday without even consider my feelings too?!” Hakyeon looks into Eunji eyes deeply.

“You are selfish, Hakyeon. You ruined your daughter happiness, did you realized that?”

“Yes, I am selfish! So what? It has nothing to do with you!” Hakyeon raised his voice again. This time he can’t stand to argue more with Eunji. He steps out from the house and leave with his car.

Eunji took a deep breath and slowly picking up the banner on the floor. She looks at the table with all the foods still not yet touch. With no mood to clean all of the props, Eunji just sat on floor and let out sigh. The first time ever, she argues with Hakyeon since she knows him almost 5 months ago.

:

:

Eunji POV

“Did you finish your breakfast, princess?” I asked Hayoung while clean up the dishes.

“Yes, unnie.”

“Aunty, can you clean up the rest for me?” I asked the maid who was busy at the kitchen.

“Yes, miss. I will.” She hurriedly goes towards me and Hayoung. We already finish breakfast and will off to school now.

Since the maid only does all the house chores so, I don’t need to do all these things. This maid only works from 7am to 2pm only since she doesn’t need to take care of Hayoung. As I headed towards the door, I stop by at the stairs and look upstairs. Hakyeon didn’t join us breakfast today. I bet he still mad at me.

“Aunty. Did Hakyeon already wake up?” I asked the maid again.

“I am not sure, Miss”

“Alright. Never mind..”

:

At the school

I played with the pen on my hand as I was thinking of something. I took out my cellphone and dial up number.

“Hello. Aunty.. It’s me Eunji..I want to ask you if Hakyeon already leave to office?”

“No. I think he still sleeping because I knock his door, and he didn’t give respond” the maid explain it through the phone.

“Really? But it’s already 10am. He never wakes up this late. Are you sure he still sleeping? Or you didn’t notice he’s already out..?” I asked her again.

“I’m sure he still in the room. His car is still at the garage. Is there anything wrong, Miss?”

“No.. Nothing. Sorry for disturb you.” I off the phone. Did he still mad? But why he didn’t go to office today? Just because of that small matter, Hakyeon didn’t go to office and even wake up late. This look nonsense as I know Hakyeon is not the type to mixed up personal problem with his work.

My phone rang at sudden and I take a look at the caller.

“Hello, Hongbin-shi..”

“Hello, sorry for disturb you. But I want to ask you something.” Hongbin voice heard.

“What is it?”

“Did Hakyeon hyung tell you why he didn’t come to office today?”

“No. He didn’t tell me anything. Why?”
“It’s just that, today we are supposed to have meeting with our client. And it’s important. I tried to call him, but he doesn’t answer at all” Hongbin sounded worried.

“Ok, how about I go check on him, and later I will call you.?”

“Alright. Anything happen just inform me immediately”

We ended our convo. I need to go home to check on him.

:

I knock the door. “Hakyeon.. Did you hear me? Are you still sleeping?”. No respond.

I tried to knock the door and this time its bit louder than before.

“Hakyeon, I know you’re still mad at me. But you can’t just shut yourself in the room. Hongbin said that today you have important meeting. You don’t want to go to office?”

I shout from outside of his room but still no respond. I started to get annoyed and rashly open the door. I don’t care if he wants to get angry again at me. This is getting out of hands. I didn’t expect that he would be like this. I go near his bed only to found him still sleeping under the blanket. After open the window and letting the wind get into the room, I tap his shoulder slowly.

“Hakyeon. Wake up. Why did you suddenly being so stubborn?” I look at his face. His breathing somehow looks uneven. And to be honest, Hakyeon is sweating.

“Hakyeon.. Did you hear me?” I shook his shoulder. Trying to reach his forehead, its hot. He had fever.

“Oh My God. Hakyeon. You had fever. What should I do now..?” I took off his blanket that was covering his whole body and got shocked over the fact he didn’t change his shirt since yesterday. He still wears his office attire.

“Aunty…! Aunty….!” I called the maid.

“Yes, Miss.. What happen?” She rounded her eyes staring at Hakyeon on the bed.

“Can you call the doctor now? And please bring towel and a bowl of water..”

“Okey..Okey..” she hurriedly left the room. What should I do now? I took a glance at him that still unconscious and his breathing looks heavy and his face looks uncomfortable.

“Let’s change your cloth first before the doctor come”

I took a white shirt in his wardrobe and sat beside his bed. He’s hugging something. I took a look at the things he’s hugging maybe for the whole night. It’s a frame. A picture of him and a girl. This is Hayoung mom. Did he miss his wife this much till he caught a cold? She’s so lucky because Hakyeon love her so much. I snapped out of my thoughts and helping Hakyeon to change his shirt.

 

“I already give him an injection to cool down his fever. Make sure he eats something before taking the medicine.” The doctor checks on the list of medicine before handing it to me.

“But why he still unconscious?” I took a glance to Hakyeon who is still sleeping soundly. This time he looks more comfortable.

“Don’t worry. Maybe he’s just too tired. And because of the injection, he can sleep for over 1 to 2 hours. But still, make sure he wake up and eats. His antibody seems weak” The young doctor explains briefly to me and I nodded.

:

:

NOBODY POV

After asking Sooyoung to send Hayoung home today, Eunji prepared the lunch for her. Not to forget, she already cook the porridge for Hakyeon. He is still sleep in his room and the maid already go home earlier after she buys the medicine. Eunji heard the door being knock and she quickly run towards the door. Hongbin were smiling to her brightly after she open the door.

“Is Hakyeon hyung still sleep? Is he okay?” Hongbin took breath on the sofa.

“He is.. Don’t worry. He’s okay. But he still didn’t take any meal since morning. I thought maybe it’s time to wake him up” Eunji take a look at the clock on the wall. Already 1 pm.

“Actually, why he suddenly have fever? He looks fine yesterday” Hongbin asked.

“This is all my fault. If only we didn’t fought last night and he didn’t came home late..” Eunji let out sighed.

“You guys fought?? But why?” Hongbin literally shocked at Eunji sudden confession.

“Actually, I didn’t know why he suddenly so upset last night. It’s just, I make small party to celebrate Hayoung birthday, then when he come back from office, he suddenly got so mad. Even to Hayoung.”

“Oh… I see..” Hongbin finally understand the whole problem.

“We fought and he just left the house. I think he came home at 3am? Maybe”

Hongbin nodded. “That’s why he suddenly sick. Hummm…How should I tell you?”

“Tell me? About what?”

“Actually, Hakyeon hyung hate to celebrate Hayoung birthday since Hyeri noona passed away. He didn’t even celebrate his birthday since that too.” Hongbin look at Eunji who is sitting in front of him.

“But why?”

“Hyeri noona passed away few hours after she gave birth to Hayoung. The fact that Hakyeon hyung really got shocked at that time.. He lost in his own world.. I don’t know how to explain this.. But he really lost the one and only family he had”

Hongbin took a deep breath and continue.

“Their parents died in a car accident when they are still in middle school. They really depend on each other to live. Then, when Hyeri noona died, hyung changed. He became passive, he’s not the bright hyung that I know.. He rarely talks or even smile. Sometimes, I saw him talking alone. That time, is the most painful Hakyeon I ever seen”

There’s a tears in Hongbin eyes and he quickly shed it though Eunji already notices that.

“But you said earlier, they depend on each other after their parents died. Do they know since middle school?” Eunji feels weird with that explanation. Something went off.

Hongbin rounded his eyes. “I thought you already know this. I thought hyung already told you about him and Hyeri noona??”

“He didn’t tell me anything about Hyeri. I only know about her from Hayoung. She said she is her mom and showed me the picture of Hyeri. That’s all I know. She is Hakyeon wife right?” Eunji asked.

“Errr…Actually…She’s not.. Hakyeon and Hyeri is....siblings.. To be exact, Hyeri is his sister. They are twins.” Hongbin looks like he’s in dilemma to tell the truth.

“What?” Eunji can’t believe with what she heard just now. 

 

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

New Chapter UP!!

Hello guys..Sorry for not updating as soon as possible..*bow* I tried my best to finish this chapter alone..lol.. I am so speechless with my writings..hahahah XD

!!!! *side note* After this chapter, be prepared of new love line..kkkkk...i'm about to start all the true love now..lol..

( I AM NEO SHIPPER THO...DO KNOW THIS FACT)

 

ENJOY!!!