Mom?

DESTINY

NOBODY POV

Eunji sat at the couch outside the small garden at Taekwoon house. After having lunch at his house, she decided to wait for him for a while. She’s being informed by his mom that he will come home after lunch.

“Eunji..” his mom sat beside her.

“Aunty. Thanks for the lunch. I’m sorry that I couldn’t visit you this past few months.” Eunji apologized.

“It’s okay. Taekwoon told me that you stay at Hakyeon house right?”

“Yes. Helping him taking care of his daughter” Eunji smiles.

“To be exact, Taekwoon daughter..” Aunty Jung corrected her.

“Yeah….well..”

“Did you still mad at Taekwoon for keeping the whole secret from you?” She’s asking.

“Aunty..Rather than saying I’m mad, I feel betray. Taekwoon didn’t tell me that he had serious relationship with Hakyeon sister. Even got her pregnant. Can you understand me, aunty?”

“I’m sorry, Eunji. I’m sorry for dragging you into this. But please don’t mad at Taekwoon. It’s my fault. If that time, I choose to believe in Hakyeon, things wouldn’t turn out like this.” Aunty Jung looking down.

“I knew Hakyeon since he’s 11. That time, he doesn’t have anyone but his sister. He is like my own child. I love him like I love Taekwoon. But when he said that Taekwoon got Hyeri pregnant, I can’t accept the fact my own son doing something like that. I…I shouldn’t chase Hakyeon away” Her eyes got teary.

‘Hakyeon didn’t tell me about what happen between him and Aunty Jung. Did he purposely doesn’t want me to know?’ Eunji talk to herself.

“Mom…” Taekwoon pats his mom shoulder makes her startled for a bit.

“Ah, you here already. Did you have your lunch, son?”

“Yup, with my friend. Hi, Eunji” Taekwoon smiles at his fiancé.

Eunji smiles back. The both of them were left by Aunty Jung for them to have a privacy for a talks.

“So, how have you been? I thought you still mad at me..” Taekwoon sit in front of her.

“I’m fine. I am here for a reason”

“Okay. Sounded serious. What is it?”

“This is about Hayoung”

“Great.. So, did Hakyeon tell you about the courts order? He’s been so spoiled by you. Actually, are you guys serious now? I mean, obviously you cheat on me Eunji.” Taekwoon smirk.

“Look, I am here not because of our relationship, but Hayoung. Is it true that you want to take Hayoung with you?”

“Well, yes I am. I have the rights on her. Remember, I am her biological father.” Taekwoon crossed his arm.

“I know you have the rights, but can’t you consider? After all this time, Hakyeon raised her. She is like his own daughter. He love her so much. If you take her away, what’s left for him?” Eunji trying her best to persuade Taekwoon.

“He should’ve told me about Hayoung long time ago. But he chooses to keep quiet and keep her away from me. Isn’t he at fault too? He’s trying to separate me from my daughter” Taekwoon reply.

“Taekwoon, did you know what are you talking about? Hakyeon try to keep Hayoung away from you? It’s you who leave them. You choose your dreams instead of your own daughter, then you blame Hakyeon..? I can’t believe this” Eunji in disbelief.

“I can’t help, but I want my daughter back for whatever reason. Don’t try to change my decision” Taekwon stand up to leave.

“Taek, I just want to remind that I will always support Hakyeon. I’ll stay by his side no matter what happen. If you are going against him, that means you are going against me too.”

:

:

As promise, Eunji waiting for Hakyeon and Hayoung at the shopping mall. They want to spend more time with each other. Its been so long since they are doing so. Eunji waving to Hayoung when she spotted the little girl smile brightly at the entrance.

“Breakfast?” Hakyeon asked.

“Already done before I’m coming” Eunji reply.

“But we aren’t though. I’m hungry” Hakyeon whining while rubbing his tummy making Eunji laughing.

“Such a kid.. Let’s go eat first..” Eunji hold Hayoung hands while walking away from Hakyeon.

Hakyeon chuckle and followed them from behind. After breakfast, they start roaming the whole mall. Despite of buying things, they are more excited to talks this and that looking likes a happy family. Hayoung needs are more important that she keep whining to buy new dress saying that her friend had beautiful dress. She’s envy. Kid always envy when their friends had things that they didn’t own. Although Eunji might see Hakyeon spoil his daughter much but things always have limit. He doesn’t simply spend all the money to things that Hayoung ask instead spend the money wisely. He had been a good father to Hayoung.

‘Just how can Taekwoon could do such things to Hakyeon when he raise Hayoung all by himself and love her more than anything else. Taekwoon doesn’t have heart’

“Eunji?”

Eunji got startled when someone call her name. She turn around and seeing Taekwoon and his mom standing behind her. Aunty Jung smiles and hugging her.

“Who is this?” she asked when she saw Hayoung.

“Err…” Eunji stutter.

“Mom, this is Hayoung” Taekwoon answer her.

His mom look shocked. Finally, she can see her grandchild. Hayoung look confused when the old woman hugs her while crying.

“Unnie..Who is this? Ahjussi, why she crying?” Hayoung looks at Taekwoon and Eunji asking for explanation.

Hakyeon approach all of them when he just came out from the toilet not too far away. He looks down seeing that Taekwoon mom still hugging Hayoung. His heartbeat suddenly rise. The old woman that he really wants to see but he can’t. Eunji holds onto his hand to calm him down. She knows what exactly in his mind. Taekwoon smirk when he saw that.

“Mom… Don’t you want to see Hakyeon? Your beloved son”

Taekwoon taps his mother shoulder. She looks up and saw the sight of a guy wearing simple blue T-shirt with jeans. He doesn’t change. Aunty Jung wipes her tears and standing facing Hakyeon. They both exchange the stare before Hakyeon broke it.

“Let’s go, Hayoung.” Hakyeon grab Hayoung hand to walk away.

“Yeon-ah” Aunty Jung soft voice stops him.

“Yeon-ah.. Mom…I’m sorry…” Taekwoon mom starts sobbing. She knew that Hakyeon were still mad and maybe upset with her.

“Dad, grandma is crying. Did you make her upset?” Hayoung ask while looking at her dad.

Eunji approach Hakyeon and whisper. “Hakyeon, this is the right time to make up with Aunty. Till when did you want to stay mad like this?”

“You don’t understand, Eunji. She’s the one that push me away. She’s the one that saying I’m not her son..” Hakyeon shrugged.

“I know, Hakyeon. I’m sorry for doing that… But, I swear that I regret it..Please forgive your mom, son” The old woman keeps apologizing when she heard Hakyeon.

Hakyeon look at her. His eyes started to get teary.

“Mom? Son? Don’t you remember what did you said to me 5 years ago, ahjumma?” Hakyeon smirk.

 

Flashback

“You are such ungrateful kid. Did you think I will believe you if you said that my son doing something stupid like that?” Aunty Jung frowned at Hakyeon.

“Mom, I swear. I didn’t lie. Hyeri is pregnant. It’s been 5 weeks now. She’s just want Taekwoon to be responsible. I’m not asking much. But please let Taekwoon-“ Hakyeon trembling hard when Taekwoon mom raised her voice. Something that he never expects to get when he’s telling the truth.

“Get out from my house. You don’t deserve to be my son when you’re telling me, my Taekwoon is wrong. I know my own son. Don’t you dare to come here again” Aunty Jung yell.

“Mom…I’m…”

"I know that you are jealous because Taekwoon got to go to New York, but not you. That's why you used your sister to not letting Taekwoon go. I knew it. You always being the jealous freak of my son. Get out!!" Aunty Jung pushing Hakyeon to the gate.

"I'm not, mom. I tell the truth."

“I said get out! I’m not your mom. Taekwoon is my one and only son. I don’t know who you are. Just go. I don’t want to see your face anymore.”

 Hakyeon went out from the house with his heart broken into pieces. Just when he thought Taekwoon mom would believe in him, but instead she’s broken the relationship.

‘Yeah, maybe I’m not your real son. Who am I to deny the fact?’ Hakyeon tears flowing down to his cheek.

“I raised him till he’s grown up, but he pay me with something stupid like this? Such an . Ungrateful. I’m regret knowing and adopting him. Should’ve just let him and his sister die”

Hakyeon heard Aunty Jung yells from inside the house. He stares at the house before he leaves. He swear, that was the last time he even come the house.

End Flashback

“Hakyeon-ah”

Aunty Jung continuously cry while people looking at them with curious expression. Some of them even whispering to each other.

“Just go home, Taekwoon, Bring your mom too” Hakyeon is expressionless.

“Can’t you forgive her? Don’t you feel pity to her?” Taekwoon plead.

“Pity? Where is she when Hyeri and I need her? Doesn’t she feels pity to Hyeri because of your dumb decision leaving her that time?”

Hakyeon yell without even care with the public. He had enough of this ‘drama’.

“If only….If only she give even a little bit of her trust to me, I believe that Hyeri won’t suffer till her last breath.” Hakyeon stutter his word.

“Hakyeon..I know your feelings.. But its time to forgive and forget. You will make Hyeri sad if you keep doing this..” Eunji softly persuade Hakyeon when he seems doesn’t want to back off.

“Forget..? I won’t forget for what he did to be honest. Till I die. Let’s just end this already. I’m tired. I don’t want to continue fighting and yelling in front of public. Come Eunji, I will send you home” Hakyeon is ready to walk away.

“Sorry Hakyeon. I won’t come with you. I will stay here with Aunty..” Eunji resist.

“Okay. Do whatever you want. Let’s go Hayoung”

 

Eunji POV

I let out soft groan and rest my head on the table outside the house. My hand still holding onto the phone while trying to call Hakyeon. The beep sound continuously beeping.

‘Why did he doesn’t want to pick up his phone? Did he still upset about what happen at the mall this morning?’

“Eunji…” Mom soft voice from behind startled me . She took a sit facing me.

“Why you look so miserable, my daughter? What’s wrong?” Mom asked.

“I don’t know. I feel like I am a bad girl. Am I bad because I cheat on Taekwoon to be with Hakyeon?” I look at mom while letting out big sigh.

“We are sorry for forcing you, honey… If we knew things would turn out to be like this, we won’t force you to accept Taekwoon. I didn’t know that you guys can’t get along.”

We turned silent so sudden.

“Somehow, did you really love Hakyeon?”

I nodded. “Love him so much”

“Even he already have daughter?” Mom provoking me.

“Mom, she’s Taekwoon daughter…” I corrected her.

“Yes, I know. Then, did you dump Taekwoon because he lie to you and he’s already have daughter with someone else?”

“No, I’m not. No matter whose daughter is it, I can’t force myself to love Taekwoon. It doesn’t happen that way…” I whine.

I saw mom smile and nodded. I hope she understand my feelings now.

“It’s up to you, Eunji. Your dad and I won’t force you. No matter who did you choose at the end, I just want to see you happy. Make a wise decision. Follow your heart”

Mom stands up and wanted to leave but stops half way.

“Don’t give up, Eunji. Try to call him again. Maybe he’s already sleep. I’m sure he gonna pick up the phone..” She’s chuckle and left.

‘How did mom know I’m-? Never mind’

The phone suddenly rangs. My smile cracks from looking at the screen.

“Hello”

“Hello.. Why did you call me earlier? I saw 10 missed calls though” Hakyeon voice somehow heals me even just from the phone call.

“I’m..worry.. I thought you mad at me” I pout eventhough he can’t see.

“Why would I mad at you? I’m sorry that I didn’t pick up your call because I am busy finishing my paperwork for presentation tomorrow” Hakyeon laugh.

“Yeah, mad because of the mall incident”

Hakyeon laugh again. “Darling, I’m not. I can understand why you choose to stay with them. Somehow, did Taekwoon mom okay?”

I rounded my eyes while changing the phone from left to right. Did I heard wrong? Hakyeon asking about Taekwoon mom?

“Yes…She’s okay after some talks with me. You still concern about her”

“I shouldn’t yell at her to be honest. I’m sorry. I was not in the right mind today after I saw her.” Hakyeon voice sound soft.

“I’m sure she knows that. You should go visit her if you have time. It won’t hurt that much if you try to forgive her.”

Hakyeon hum showing that he will consider that.

“Eunji…”

“Yes?”

“Did you love me?”

The sudden question makes my heart beat faster. His voice somehow sound sad.

“Of course I do. No one else..but you. I love you, Hakyeon” I reply back without hesitation. If only I can facing him now. I can assure him that I’m his.

“Thank you for giving the chance for me to love you..” Hakyeon speak after few seconds of silent.

We ended our convo after 30 minutes. I feels something off from Hakyeon today. Did Taekwoon tell him something? Did Taekwoon did asked the same thing to Hakyeon like what he asked me this morning? I hope he won’t.