Lying

DESTINY

 NOBODY POV

Its been 1 week since they last saw each other, Hakyeon know he doesn’t even have chance to meet her again. Truthfully, he’s hurting but he keeps it inside. He missed her so much, but then he knows that she wouldn’t come back to him again this time.

“I told you already, hyung. You shouldn’t have your high hope with her since I knew she’s with Taekwoon hyung.”

Hongbin look at Hakyeon that sitting opposite of him. They currently at the restaurant hanging out together and drinking. Hakyeon let out sighed.

“I know. But I think that I can trust on her. I really hope he will choose me”

“Hyung, with Taekwoon condition, she wouldn’t choose you. You should know that” Hongbin is totally upset with what happen to Hakyeon when he knew they are already broke up.

They both stay silent for quiet while. Only the voice of other customers that broke the atmosphere. Hakyeon keep drinking and drinking eventhough his alcohol tolerance is so low. Hongbin shake his head and sigh.

“Hyung! Your so heavy…” Hongbin try to hold Hakyeon when they leave the restaurant. Hakyeon totally passed out after have drunk over 3 bottle of soju alone.

“Hyung…please..oh my God..Just…urgghhh..Keep your balance please” Hongbin let out groan when Hakyeon keep stumble making him unbalance.

“Yah! Don’t you..dare..mad at me..” Hakyeon mumbles.

“Whatever hyung..just get in the car now..” Hongbin helping him.

Hakyeon keep mumbling while his eyes are totally shut. Hongbin feels aching to see him in that state. It’s been a while to be honest. He can see the 5 years ago Hakyeon again. The one who look strong outside but weak inside.

 

Eunji POV

I stay in front of his door waiting for him to come home. I’m not sure why I do this, but I really wanting to meet him today. Yes, it’s for the last time as Taekwoon already give her the wedding ring 2 days ago. He already excited to prepare all the things needed for the wedding. I didn’t know how I should feel when totally I feel down and I know I betray Hakyeon. I knew he must hate me so much right now. I look at his car getting into the garage. But the driver is Hongbin. I frowned. Hongbin stare at me when he get off the car but he immediately go to other side.

‘He’s drunk?’

I saw Hakyeon. He looks miserable. Hongbin holding him tightly and helping to walks.

“Instead of standing there, can you help me to open the door? Here’s the key” Hongbin sounded annoyed.

I hurriedly took the key and open the door for them to enter. I followed from behind when Hongbin just put Hakyeon on the couch.

“Is he okay?” I asked.

“Did you think he still okay after you left him?” Hongbin turn to look at me.

“I’m sorry” I look down.

“Don’t apologize to me but to him. You make he suffer from your irrational decision, Eunji. Did you realize that?”

“I don’t know anymore. I can’t bear to see him like this. He’s been suffering all his life. But still, he easily forgives people and even doesn’t hold grudges. He’s just too pure for this cruel world” Hongbin look at Hakyeon who already sleeping soundly on the couch.

He added. “Please don’t hurt him again. Let’s stop this here.”

He leave the house after that. I sit beside the couch and looks at Hakyeon face closely. His breath sounds soft and but his face showing that he’s in pain. I caress his face and ruffle his hair. He didn’t flinch at all.

“Hakyeon-ah..” I call him.

“Did you hear me?” I tried again.

“I’m sorry. We end up being like this. Never in my thought leaving you in pain like now. I know that I am at fault.” I choked.

“But…I can’t be selfish. Taekwoon need me. He needs his memory again so that he can live peacefully like us. You know how much he’s been suffering because he didn’t remember a thing? He can’t even remember he’s the musical actor..It’s actually hurt to see him now”

My tears flowing down.

“I’m sorry. I hope you won’t hate me. I hope you will understand me. I love Hakyeon. Now and forever”

I kiss his forehead softly and leave. No turning back. This is it.

 

Taekwoon POV

“Mom, I have something to tell you. But can you keep it secret? Don't tell anyone..Please”

I sit beside my mom at the couch after having lunch.

“What is it, son?” Her smile is too genuine.

“I hope you won’t get mad. I want you to understand that I did this for the sake of happiness”

“You sound serious. What did you want to tell me?” Mom already turns his whole body to facing me.

“Actually…its about my amnesia.. I really wanting to tell you and dad, because I feel it’s unfair for you guys”

“Did you remember us now? You remember everything?” Mom look excited.

I nodded slowly.

“Yes, I remember you, dad and this house. Everything. But…”

“But what, Taekwoon?” Mrs Jung frowned at her son. He looks anxious.

“I never lose my memory at the first place” I look down.

“What? What did you mean?”

“After the accident, I still remember myself, my family..All of it, Mom..I never got amnesia. I lie..”

“Taekwoon. Are you serious?”

“I’m sorry mom. I have to do this. I don’t want to lose Eunji. That time, I almost lost her. She ditches me. She wants to break off our engagement. That’s why I lie that I have amnesia to make her stay..” I try to explain.

“You…you shouldn’t do this, Taek… This is wrong. You are lying just because you feel insecure. What if Eunji know this?” Mom look upset.

“That’s why I said don’t tell anyone. Especially to her. Let us continue with this wedding. Let her be my wife fisrt, then I will consider telling her everything. I promise to you mom.” I hold her hand.

I frowned my brows when Mom look like she’s been staring at one place. I turn my head to see what did attrack her, but then my heart drop. Eunji. I saw her standing in front of the door. Not alone. She’s with Hayoung.

“Eunji…I’m…” I approach her but then she’s back off from me.

“Eunji..Let me explain..”

“No! I heard everything, Taekwoon. I heard it” She yells.

“How dare you have been fooling me for almost a month? I can’t believe it” Her eyes starting to teary.

“But I have the reason..” I defense.

“What reason? For me to stay with you? You want me to get married with someone that is so selfish like you, Taekwoon?”

“I can’t believe that I know you. I regret. I told you that I regret knowing you, Taekwoon.”

“Eunji, I do this because I can’t lose you. I love you so much..”

“Stop it, Taek. Enough..I don’t want to hear anything from you..You aren’t deserve Hakyeon to be honest. I told you. He loves you more than himself, but you never appreciated that. Read this” She throws a letter.

“And take Hayoung with you. Afterall, she’s your daughter right? You can have her now..”

Eunji let go of Hayoung hand that stand still beside her watching our ‘drama’ while ago.

“Unnie..What is this? Where is dad?” Hayoung soft voice sounded tremble. She looks like going to burst out crying.

“Hayoungie, you have to stay here. Unnie will find your dad, okay? Promise me that you won’t cry” Eunji kiss both of her cheek.

Eunji left the house. Leaving me and Hayoung. I am still trying to grasp the situation. Why did she leave Hayoung with me? What’s with this letter?

“Unnie…I want dad…” Hayoung starting to cry makes me in panic mode.

“Hayoung. Come to me..” I hold her tight in my embraces when she’s hardly sobbing.

‘Where is Hakyeon? Did he leave Hayoung? Or did Eunji take Hayoung away from him? What’s going on here?’