Confused

DESTINY

NOBODY POV

Hakyeon laugh and shakes his head. He can’t believe he would hear this kind of story.

“Did you think this is funny, hyung? Why did you laugh?” Hongbin annoyed with that laugh of Hakyeon. The laugh sound mocking to him.

“Okay I’m sorry. But your story sound funny and childish.” Hakyeon control his laugh.

Hongbin pout and crossed his arms. He leans on the chair in the living room. After unofficially break up with Youngji yesterday, he decided to tell Hakyeon everything. Thought of maybe Hakyeon will help him, instead of that he laugh.

“This is not the time to laugh, hyung. Please help me. I know I’m wrong. I shouldn’t accuse her with something stupid like that” Hongbin look like he gonna cry for real.

“You know that she only love you, Hongbin. How come you have that thought of her and Taekwoon…? Forget it, what you going to do now?” Hakyeon look at Hongbin.

“I don’t know…” Hongbin look desperate.

“Ask her out. Apologize to her. I know she won’t mad at you for that long. She’s so fragile. I am sure she gonna melt over you.” Hakyeon give suggestion.

“Will this work? What if she declines me? What to do??”

“She’s not. Believe me. After all, she’s my cousin. I know her more than she know herself”

“This is all Taekwoon fault. If he’s not appearing in front of us yesterday, this wouldn’t happen. Tsk…” Hongbin blaming.

“Hongbin. I want you to stay away from this conflict. Let me handle by myself. I don’t want you guys suffering because of me.”

“Hyung, I’ve already promised to Hyeri noona that I will protect you. I won’t let anyone hurting you. Not anymore. If you hurt, I’m hurting too” Hongbin sounded convince.

“Thank you, Bin-ah. Thank you for staying with me. I can’t imagine my life without you” Hakyeon smiles.

:

:

They awkwardly stand facing each other in front of Youngji house. Hongbin still holding onto Hayoung hand. Hakyeon ask him to send Hayoung to Youngji today because she will stay there for 3 days as he had his works at the countryside.

“Hakyeon hyung said he will going for outstation starting tonight. So he…”

“I know.. He already inform me. Hayoung go to your room. Aunty will prepare your lunch after this.” Youngji cuts Hongbin words and glancing at confused Hayoung.

“Alright aunty.” Hayoung goes straight into her room with her backpack.

“Errr…I…I know I shouldn’t yell at you yesterday. I’m sorry” Hongbin apologized.

“Okay.” Youngji seems uninterested.

“Can we..err.. Get back together again?” He asked carefully.

“Why should we? I don’t want to have a jealousy boyfriend that accuses me with something I didn’t do. Annoying” Youngji sounded mad.

“Young-ah… I know I’m wrong. Forgive me, please.. Sorry..I’m sorry. I promised that this is the last time. I swear” Hongbin begs with his sparkling eyes and those cute dimples of him showing on both sides as he bit his lips.

“Then if you really regret, help me.”

“What is it? Tell me.. I am willingly to help you anything” Hongbin smiles happily.

“Help me to cooks for today. You can have lunch here”

 

Eunji POV

It’s been 1 month since I last meet Hakyeon. Though I really miss him, I can’t deny the fact he really avoiding me. Hayoung keep asking me why I didn’t work with her dad and that she miss me so much. Luckily I can still meet her at the school. That’s the only way for me to stay in touch with her. Though, I never saw Hakyeon pick her up after the school because I only saw his secretary, Hongbin or Youngji sometimes.

PRANG!!

I jump off startled at the glass on my hand suddenly slip and fell on the floor. The glass break into pieces. I stare blankly as I feel like something is not right. I tried to pick up the broken glass when Hyuk approach me asking if I am okay. He looks concern.

“Let me clean it for you. You go rest, noona.” Hyuk command me to stay away from the kitchen.

“I…I feel..I have this bad feeling, Hyuk” I look at Hyuk who were staring at me confusedly.

“Don’t think much. Nothing happen, okay? Now, go rest. I will clean up” Hyuk assure me even though I can’t rest assure. My heart beat faster and my hand trembling.

I grab my phone and try to call Taekwoon. He picks up the phone saying he’s at the studio practicing for his musical. I nodded and end up the phone call. I tried to call Hakyeon after that, but he didn’t pick up the phone. Trying so many times, but it goes straight to his inbox.

“Hello”

“Hello, unnie.” Youngji answer my phone call.

“Err… I just want to ask you if you know where Hakyeon is. I try to call him, but he didn’t answer”

“Actually, I’m on my way to hospital. Oppa got into an accident”

“What?!” I feel my heart stops beating after that last word.

:

:

Arriving at the hospital that Youngji inform me, I run towards the receptionist asking about Hakyeon. She told me to go through the 1st floor. I saw Hongbin , Youngji and Hayoung in front of the ward.

“Eunji? How did you kno-?” Hongbin glance at Youngji.

“Sorry, I told her” She whisper to him.

“Unnie, you come to see dad too?” Hayoung look at me.

“Yes.. How’s Hakyeon? Is he okay? How did he got into accident?” I asked with one breath. I am still trembling and nervous.

“Calm down, unnie. Oppa is okay. Nothing serious. Things happen last night where his car bumps into another car after traffic light. But nothing to be worry.. He’s okay” Youngji taps my shoulder softly.

“Yes, he’s inside if you want to meet him. He can discharge today” Hongbin speak after been quiet.

I nodded and walk into the room quietly. The sight of him standing at the side of bed while his hand busily packs his things chocked me. He didn’t notice my presence. I saw his right hand wearing a cast. That must be hurt. I hold my tears as I approach him.

“Hakyeon” My soft voice startled him.

I want to say something healing to him but the words stuck in my head. Hakyeon ignore me. Totally. He’s been busy packing his bag without even saying anything.

“Let me help you” I tried to help him to zip up his bag when he look so struggle with only his left hand.

“No need” he refuse my help.

“I can help you. Let me” I insist to help me while trying to take over his bag.

“I said no need!” He raises his voice and frowning at me.

I startled little bit with his sudden reply and took a few steps back from him. I bit my lips trying to control the tears that are ready to burst anytime.

“Dad, are you finish? Can we go home now?” Hayoung suddenly in between us.

“Yes. Let’s go home. Hongbin, take this” Hakyeon command Hongbin to take his bag.

“Unnie, you don’t follow us to home?” Hayoung look at me.

“She’s busy. You can meet her later, princess. Let’s go.”

Hakyeon walks away without even looking at me. Leaving me alone in this big ward. ‘Nice, Jung Eunji. This is what you got after you broke his heart into pieces. This is what you got when you can’t even saying “I love you” to him. You deserve.’ I scream in my head and burst into tears.

 

Hakyeon POV

I woke up at 10pm after dinner 3 hours before. My head spinning and I’m almost lost balance. I look up reflection of myself at the mirror. Trying to touch the bandage on my forehead, its hurt. Hongbin said I got 10 stitches last night and there’s bone fracture on my right hand that’s why I wore the cast. My phone rang suddenly.

“Hello” I answer lazily.

“Hyung, I just want to ask if you already have your medicine?” Hongbin ask.

“Not yet. I just woke up”

“Alright. I will come to your house tomorrow. One more thing, Youngji said Hayoung already sleep. I guess she’s tired. Really hyung, don’t forget that you can’t skip any of that medicine either you like it or not”

“Yes, boss. I will..” I chuckle at Hongbin concern. He’s nagging like a mom.

“There you go teasing me. I hate you hyung. Bye”

I laugh at Hongbin. Sometimes he’s annoyingly concern. But that’s what makes me love him. He’s caring over me more than himself eventhough he rarely showed it. The phone rang again.

“Yes, Hongbin? What again?” I pick up without even checking the caller.

“Hello? Is this Hakyeon-shi?” an ahjumma voice heard.

“err, yes.. I am..Who is this?” I asked confused.

“I am the owner of tteobokkie stall. The owner of this phone are drunk and I think she’s pass out already. Can you come here to pick her?”

I look into the caller on my phone. Eunji. I let out sighed.

“Okay. Can you please tell me your address?”

:

:

I stare at Eunji who is already passing out on the table. The ahjumma who is calling me just now said that Eunji have 8 bottle of soju by herself and she keeps mumbling words that she can’t understand. Sometimes she’s crying, and then she laughs. She has been doing the weird things since 2 hours ago.

“Is it hard? I’m sorry Eunji. I can’t deny that I miss you so much. But I can’t even look at you because you remind me of Taekwoon. Don’t you remember you dump me because of him?” I talks to her eventhough I know she can’t hear.

“Hak…yeon..Hak..yeon-ah…” Eunji mumble while her eyes still close tightly. Tears flowing down from that pretty eyes.

“Eunji, let’s go home. You’ve drunk” I talk to her softly.

With my condition now, I asked help from the ahjumma to bring Eunji into taxi and we heading to my house. I don’t dare to send her to her house when she looks totally miserable now.

 

NOBODY POV


8am in the morning, Eunji woke up with her head feel so dizzy. She scanning the room she’s been sleeping. Her eyes rounded so big at the sight she saw. ‘is this a dream?’ She mumble to herself.

“Wait, this is not dream right? How come I end up sleeping at this room??” She screams and run towards the door.

Yes, definitely not a dream. Hakyeon house. This is Hakyeon house. ‘How can I-?’. She try to sneak out slowly without anyone noticing especially Hakyeon, but she heard a footsteps behind her.

“Good morning”

She turns her back only to found out Hakyeon standing behind her. He smile.

‘I can’t even differentiate between reality and dream. Is this really Hakyeon standing in front of me while smiling and greet me? The Hakyeon that yell and avoiding me yesterday?’ I let this out in my head.

“Since you already wake up, ahjumma have prepared a breakfast for you. Go change your cloth, and eat”

He walks towards his room and went into. Eunji decided to take a bath and change her cloth. Luckily her belongings were still here because she doesn’t even have time to clean up things after she quit her job here.

While eating, she try to remember what happen last night until she end up here. But she can’t remember a thing. All she does was she went to a tteokbokkie stall after coming from hospital and hang out there.

‘then what happen? Why I can’t I remember a thing..urgghhh’

Eunji stops for whatever things she does when she saw Hakyeon still with a cast on his right hand walking towards her.

“I’m going to hospital for a checkup with Hongbin. If you want to meet Hayoung, she’s with Youngji. I will text you the address. Make yourself comfortable. If you need anything, call me” Hakyeon calmly talk to her.

‘something must be wrong.. why did he become so calm and nice? Unlike yesterday?’ Eunji monologue to herself.

“Eunji, did you hear me?”

“Y..Yes..yes..I hear you. Emm, by the way, how can I be here? I mean, did I come by myself?” She shamelessly asked.

“You don’t remember? Seriously?” Hakyeon rounded his eyes.

Eunji shakes her head continuously making Hakyeon laugh. She miss that laugh.

“Well.. Try to remember it. It’s important. For you and me” Hakyeon smirk while pretending to scanning Eunji up and down.

Eunji feeling embarrass when Hakyeon looking her like that then she cross her arms towards her chest.

“What…? What did you mean?” She asked nervously.

“Ermmm…. Something special.”

Hakyeon leave Eunji again while still chuckle at her. Alone with deep thoughts.

‘What we are doing last night? Why I can’t remember a thing? Please. Don’t hang me like this. Hakyeon-ah!’

She screams in her head.