Amnesia

DESTINY

Taekwoon POV

I wakes up from the voice of someone. Its Eunji. Literally she’s talking to someone on the phone in the toilet. It’s been 2 weeks since I admitted to hospital due the accident. The doctor said I can discharge if my physical and emotion is stable. That’s his suggestion eventhough I feel like I am already become a new person. I am okay physically and mentally if Eunji is always beside me like. I get off from my bed and trying to eavesdropping the conversion between Eunji and that someone. She sound serious.

“I’m sorry. I promised you that I won’t do that again” She begs.

“No..It’s not because I purposely doing that..”

‘Who is she talks with? Why sound so desperate to explain?’

“Hakyeon-ah…” Eunji voice heard again.

‘So, it’s him’

“Please, let me explain..Taekwoon, can’t sleep last night. So, I need to accompany him till he sleep.. Then, I didn’t even realize I feel asleep too” She’s explaining.

‘No wonder she looks uneasy last night. Maybe she had promised something with Hakyeon’

I smirk. Sorry, Eunji. I can’t let you go just like that after what happen. Don’t you feel pity to me? I save you from that damn accident but your heart still with him. Can’t you accept me now? I’ve sacrifice myself to get hurt just for you to love me back. Is it hard to pay me back with your love instead?

“Please don’t mad at me… I-“

“Hello..? Hakyeon? Hakyeon-ah!” The phone call is ended just like that.

Slowly, I walk back to my bed and lying down. The smile crack on my lips. If this is the end of Hakyeon and Eunji, I would celebrate it. It’s nice how I can used my amnesia as excuses for Eunji to not getting close with Hakyeon again.

‘Hakyeon. Sorry to said that once she’s mine, she will be forever mine’

‘I’m sorry that I do this to you. But you should be thankful that I leave Hayoung to you, so I can get back my Eunji’

The toilet’s door was open. I saw Eunji get out and looking so gloomy.

“You already awake?” She smiles.

“Yes. Who are you talking with?” I pretend to not knowing.

“Just…My friend” She force her smiles and sit beside me.

I nodded. I get it, Eunji. You just want to keep the secret of your relationship with Hakyeon because you think I can’t remember a thing.

“I’m hungry” I look at Eunji.

“Hungry? Okay, let me find something for you to eat..” She gets up.

“Can I go with you instead?”

“But, you didn’t fully recover yet, Taekwoon. What if you faint?”

“I am okay. I just bored. If you leave me here alone, I’m afraid if someone that I didn’t know comes to visit me. How should I know if they are my friends or not?” I give the excuses.

Eunji nodded. “Okay, we go eat at the cafeteria. Come, let me help you” She hold my arms to support me to get off from the bed.

We went to downstairs and heading to the cafeteria. Having date with her even in the hospital is nice. As long as no one can disturb us.

 

Eunji POV

I stare at my food blankly. I don’t have any appetite to eat. I look at Taekwoon who silently eating the soup. He must be hungry.

‘Hakyeon mad at me because I broke the promise last night.. Did he already eat this morning? I shouldn’t ask him to starve himself though’ I knock my head slowly because of this stupid mistakes I did.

“Eunji, are you okay?” Taekwoon innocent eyes looking straight at me.

“Err..yes..yes…I am okay..”

 “You look uneasy. Did something happen?”

“No..nothing. Taekwoon, I need to go home today. I will come again if I have free time. Since, tomorrow school is starting”


Taekwoon nodded.

“But, promised me that you will come. No matter what” He insist pinky promised and I reply it back.

“I don’t know how I can continue my life if I didn’t know you, Eunji. Thank God, I remember you eventhough I am still figured out how we got engaged at first.”
“I don’t even remember my own parents. My friends. Hakyeon.. is he my best friend?” Taekwoon ask.

“Yes, he is your best friend. Did you remember there is one little girl with him? She is his daughter”

“Ahh, Hayoung? She’s cute..I like her” Taekwoon smile.

‘Of course you like her eventhough you didn’t remember a thing. She’s your daughter after all’

“I hope our relationship is good in the past. I didn’t do anything bad to you right?” His sudden question makes me gasp.

‘How should I tell you that we are already over before you got into accident and lost your memory?’

‘We never being this nice, Taekwoon. All we do is argue even for the smallest thing. We never get along’

“Well, we are okay though. Never fight” I lie.

“When I fully recover, I want us to start preparing for our wedding”

I’m choked with my food still in the mouth. I cough and quickly drink waters.

“Are you okay?” Taekwoon look concern.

“Im..okay..” I take slow breath.

Taekwoon sound serious with his words. Shouldn’t I be thankful that Taekwoon is now change from the cold and heartless guy to a very nice and concern? He’s like a new Jung Taekwoon. But this shouldn’t happen because I have Hakyeon. I would never marry anyone else, if it is not Hakyeon. I swear.

“I can imagine we got marry and have child. Our child must be cute like you. Like your eye-smile” Taekwoon continue.

“Eunji, promise me that you will never leave me. I only need you. It’s only you who can help me to get back my memory.” He hold my hand softly while look at into my eyes.

:

:

We are sitting at the small garden outside the hospital. Taekwoon insist to go there since he said he want to have some fresh air. He said that he feel like to vomit when he is stuck in the ward. The smell of medicines is everywhere makes his head ache. That’s why I decided to come along with him.

“How did you know Hakyeon? You guys look close” Taekwoon ask.

“I am Hayoung teacher. We meet at the school back then.”

“Then, you guys become friend?”

“Yes..”

“Are all of us close to each other? I mean, you, me and Hakyeon?”

“Of course. He’s your best friend. You once said that, your best friend is also my friend” I chuckle. I lie again.

“Last night, I have dream of us. We arguing.. I saw myself punching Hakyeon. That dream is scary” Taekwoon voice sound nervous.

“Really?” I rounded my eyes.

‘Did he mean, he remember that night when he punch Hakyeon at Wonshik house?’

“I thought that must be part of my memory..” Taekwoon voice snaps me.

“No..i think that’s just a dream. Don’t trust that. You and Hakyeon never fought that much. Don’t worry” I smiles.

“I hope so..” He chuckle.

 

He let out sighed. If only he didn’t decide to come to the hospital, he wouldn’t see that sight of them. He stands far from the small garden, staring at those two talking and smiling to each other. Look like lovebirds.

‘I shouldn’t come in between you two’

‘I shouldn’t fall in love with you at the first place, Eunji’

‘Never in my thought to steal her from you, Taekwoon’

'Should I back off?'