Truth

DESTINY

Eunji POV

“I remember” I sighed while stomping my feet on the floor.

“Why am I so stupid?”

Flashback

I feel a pair of hand brush off my hair softly but I can’t open my eyes. Its too heavy for me. That hand keep playing with my hair and sometimes caressing my cheeks. Who is this? Why did the person so dare to touch me freely like this?

My ears caught some noise. I am in the car? Where am I going? Why did this person took me? Heading to where? Somebody help me. Hakyeon, help me. I don’t want to die before I tell you everything. About my feelings to you.

“Hak..yeon..” I mumble eventhough my throat feel burning.

“Eunji. Are you hear me? We are in front of my house now. Let’s go inside”

I hear Hakyeon voice. Too clear in my ears. I feel his breath too. I smell his mint perfume that he always wore. I tried to open my eyes. Yes, I can. I saw his face looking caring. The eyes of him look straight into me. I nodded and tried to lift up my body when I can feel he help me too.

I smile brightly and keep calling his name. Somehow I know, he will be here for me no matter how mad or sad he is.

“Hakyeon…why did you leave me alone at the hospital before?”

I lay on the bed when Hakyeon ask me to do so. He took off my shoes and socks while I am dizzily smile at him. How wonderful this moment for me. Hakyeon didn’t answer me. tsk.

“Eunji, change your cloth. You will catch a cold if you not. I will make a glass of milk for you” Hakyeon want to walk away but I grab his hand forcing him to sit beside me.

“Please..don’t go..don’t leave me alone again” I’m whining.

“You’re drunk, Eunji. I’m sure you will regret if you continue to be like this” Hakyeon warn.

“I’m not drunk, okay? See…” I rounded my eyes eventhough I feel like its gonna rip sooner.

I close my eyes and lean on his chest. Warm and comfortable.

“I’m..sorry…for what happen. I know I have hurting you with..my words”

Hakyeon is silently listening.

“I want you to know..that I….I like you” I look at his eyes then whispering “I..love..you” then I smile.

“I’m assuming you not realizing what you talking about since you’re drunk. Time to sleep.” Hakyeon push me away softly but I am insisting to hug him. I’m being too clingy when I am in this state.

Without him realizing, I kiss him. I am freaking planted a peak of kiss at his small cute lips. Hakyeon froze. But I…. I feel something bad in my stomach. I broke the kiss and vomit onto his shirt.

“Jung Eunji…! Damn!” that was the last word I heard from Hakyeon then my world become dark.

  End of Flashback

“Why did I do that?” I keep questioning my life now when I remember everything I did last night to Hakyeon. How shameless is that. Heol.

I decided to clean up my room and packing all my remaining belongings here. While cleaning up under the bed with the vacuum, suddenly it stuck. I tried to look below the bed when I saw a book. Reaching out my hands, I grab the book at the edge of the bed. It’s a diary.

“Cha Hyeri” I read out the owner of this pink diary and accidentally flipped the pages. A picture of Hyeri kissing the cheek of a guy showed. Guy? Taekwoon??

:

:

July 20,2010

Taekwoon bought me a necklace. It’s so pretty. He said this is the least he can give to me for our 1st anniversary since we officially being a couple. I think I am the luckiest girl in this world because I have Taekwoon beside me. Thanks honey for everything. I love you.

Oct 1,2010

I told him everything. I said I’m pregnant. His child. But he doesn’t look happy at all. Taekwoon ask me to abort the baby. How dare he.. I can’t hurt this baby. Taekwoon said he can’t marry me coz of he think I’m trying to control his life? I’m chocked. :’( how to tell Hakyeon that his best friend leaving his sister?

Oct 10,2010

If only I listen to Hakyeon. If only I didn’t do a thing with Taekwoon. But what to do now? Things can’t return to its place. Mess. Coz of me, Hakyeon lost his best friend. Coz of me, they can never be friend. I’m sorry, Hakyeon.

Oct 30,2010

His eyes, He look at me with his annoyed face. The face that told me to get off from his sight. That was the last time I met him. At the café. When he meet Hakyeon. Somehow, I can’t beg him to stay although I really want to.

Nov 5,2010

I saw Hakyeon crying. Alone. Why? Is it because of me? Hakyeon-ah, I’m sorry. I’m really sorry. You have suffered enough with me since you were born. I don’t deserve to be your sister.

Feb 11,2011

Already 5 month into pregnancy. I went to the clinic with Hakyeon for a checkup. But I’m hurting inside when one of the mother ask me if I come with my husband while she looks at Hakyeon. Arghhhhhh I want to scream to tell to the world, its Taekwoon.

My tears flow down real hard. I can’t continue to read it. My hands tremble while still holding onto Hyeri’s diary. I flipped to the last pages.

June 20,2011

My daughter is so cute. Hakyeon hold her in his arm. I can feel that he will love his niece more than anyone else from now on. I can see him smiling all over her. Cha Hayoung. I should give her that name. Hakyeon, please take care of Hayoung. Love her like you love your own daughter. I’m sorry. I can’t hold this anymore. Too much pain in my body. If you read this, please forgive me. Thanks for staying with me through thick and thin. I am lucky coz I have a little brother like you. I love you, Hakyeon. I will meet mom and dad now. Take care of yourself and Hayoung too. If you meet Taekwoon, tell him about Hayoung. He needs to know. Eventhough I know you wouldn’t tell him. I’m watching you from the heaven. Haha.. Good bye, Hayoung. Mom can’t stay longer with you. Sorry. Believe me that I will always in your heart. ^^ Hakyeon..bye………

 

I close the diary slowly. I can’t believe what I have read. Is this the reality that I should face off? Hakyeon, I’m sorry. I should choose to believe in you. I should know why you hate Taekwoon. He’s hurting Hyeri. He’s hurting you too. My face is full with tears. I stand up from my sitting and turning around only to found there’s someone standing at the door.

 

Hakyeon POV

I look at Eunji who is still sobbing over something. I saw she holds a pink diary of Hyeri. By now, she knows everything. I should be ready for this. Without I realized, she’s been staring at me with her teary eyes. She approach me while her eyes still on me.

“Why….? This..?” She showed me the diary.

“You shouldn’t read this, Eunji” I took it from her hand.

“But why? Why it must be Taekwoon out of all people I know?” Eunji hysterically crying.

“This is why I can’t tell you the truth. I can’t stand to see you like this” I got her into my embrace. She’s sobbing hard on my chest. I caress her hair softly.

“I’m sorry. You know this through the diary. I should tell you earlier.”

“I can’t believe…Taekwoon..He…He is that bad” Eunji broke the hug and stare at me.

“I don’t want you to hate him, Eunji. I don’t want you to break up with him just because of this thing”

“He’s doing all those bad things to you and Hyeri, yet you still think nice of him? You expect me to forgive him? I can feel what Hyeri feel, Hakyeon. I am a woman too. Taekwoon should be punishing for what he had done” She looks determined with her words.

“What you gonna do? Tell him everything? Tell him who is Hayoung? Tell him that Hyeri is already gone? Then what? Break off your engagement? Like that???” I frowned at her.

“Isn’t this what you want? I can break up with him now so we can be together?” She asked me.

I shake my head. “No Eunji. Not like this.. Not using Hyeri and Hayoung as your excuses. Your parents wouldn’t like that. I know”

“I want to have you with a good way. I want your parents to accept me for who I am. If they knew that I got you by hurting Taekwoon, did you think they will like me?” I asked her.

“I don’t know anymore. You still think about him when he actually the worst. You’re too nice, Hakyeon..But I am not you. I can’t stay still”

She grabs her bag and leaving the room.

“Eunji. I don’t want to lose Hayoung. I don’t have anyone but her. If Taekwoon know this….” I speak my mind before she leaves the house.

 

Taekwoon POV

“Hyung”

I turn around looking at Jaehwan who were waving at me at the door. I put down the script book on the table and went to him.

“What is it?”

“There’s someone want to meet you outside” Jaehwan reply.

“Who?”

“I don’t know. A girl.. She looks familiar”

“A girl?” I mumble to myself.

“She’s pretty. Maybe your girlfriend?” Jaehwan giggle when I neck chopped him.

I walks outside the building. I saw Eunji standing near her car.

“What are you doing here?” I asked her.

“Are you okay? Why you look miserable?” I ask her again when she just silently staring at me.

“Can we talk for a while?” Finally she’s speak.

“Sure. Luckily I’m not busy. Come, we talk at the cafe nearby”

:

“Looks like you have some important things to tell me?” I read her face. I spotted her eyes look swollen. Is she cry before coming here?

Eunji nodded. “Yes but before that, I want to ask you. Did you know Hyeri? Hakyeon sister?”

I almost spit out my drinks when I heard that name. The name that I erased from my memory long time ago.

“Yes..Yes I know her. Did you meet her already?”

Eunji smirk. “Nope. I will never had a chance to meet her even when I really want”

“I don’t understand. What did you mean by that?”

“Nothing. I just asking you since you and Hakyeon are best friend”

“Eunji, I don’t know why you were suddenly talking about her, but I want you to know that I never had any relationship with her.” I look into Eunji eyes.

She nodded slowly. “Is that so?”

“You don’t believe in me?” I asked her.

“Did you realize that you are lying now, Taekwoon?” Eunji sounded serious.

“Huh?”

“Then, what is this?”

She shows me a picture of me and Hyeri. I still remember we took this picture at the restaurant when we celebrate our 1st anniversary. I bit my lips. Did Hakyeon tell her? Or did Hyeri?

“Where did you get this picture? Did Hakyeon give to you?”

“Doesn’t matter where I got this, but it seems like you and Hyeri…..” Eunji stops.

“Listen, yes I admit that we are once a couple but Hakyeon doesn’t approve us though. He didn’t like me-“

“You are still lying” Eunji are now chocking with tears.

“Is it hard to tell the truth? The truth was when you leave Hyeri. You hurt her and Hakyeon. Because you are selfish.”

I knew it. She must know this from Hakyeon or Hyeri. Damn it. I shouldn’t let her close with them at the first place.

“I’m…sorry. I scare you will leave me if you know it”

Eunji crying.

“Did Hyeri tell you this? Hakyeon?”

“No one. No one told me this.”

“Then how did you know?”

“Taekwoon, did you know Hyeri is gone?” She asked me while looking at me.

“Gone? Where?”

“She’s….maybe she’s resting in heaven now”

“Eunji, are you serious? You are not joking right?” I chocked at her words.

“No. I’m not. Hakyeon lost his sister 5 years ago, Taekwoon.”

 I didn’t expect to hear things like this. Why no one told me about Hyeri? I never once apologize to her for what I’ve done. The baby? How about the baby she’s carrying? I wanted to ask Eunji when she’s standing in front of me now.

“I’ve got to go. If you want to know the rest of the story, why don’t you ask Hakyeon? You should know something. The most important part. I don’t have the right to tell you. By the time, don’t look for me. I don’t feel to meet you again”

Eunji leave the café. I lean on the chair while caressing my hair. What I have done? No wonder Hakyeon hate me so much. He lost Hyeri. And that’s was 5 years ago. Is it because of me? Because I leave her when she’s still pregnant? Do I look like a bad person now? Hyeri-ah, I’m sorry.