the end?

DESTINY

NOBODY POV

Taekwoon already discharged from the hospital 2 days ago. Honestly he insist to stay there because he wanted some attention from Eunji, but to not making it look like too obvious, he has to. Eunji is still make a visit to his house eventhough she said she is busy.

‘I hope you will forget Hakyeon and come back to me Eunji.. I don’t want to lose you anymore. I’m sorry for lying about my amnesia’

‘I know you will get mad if you know the truth, but I don’t have any choice’

Taekwoon stare at Eunji who is busy talking with his mom when she comes to visit him today.

“I’m sorry Taekwoon..I can’t stay longer here. I have something urgent to settle..” Eunji smiles at me.

“Urgent? What is it? Do you want me to help?”

“No..It’s okay. I can settle it by myself. Next time I will come here again.”

“Okay. Promise?”

“Yes..”

They made pinky promise with each other.

:

:

“It seems like you are busy with him now”

Hakyeon look at Eunji who is feeding Hayoung some foods. They are now at the restaurant after Eunji persuade Hakyeon to meet here. They haven’t been talking to each other after their last argument on the phone. Hakyeon seems to avoid her.

“Hakyeon, I’m sorry. I know you still mad at me because I broke my promise. But I promise this won’t happen again..”

“Don’t make a promise if you can’t keep it, Eunji” Hakyeon sipping his tea. He looks uninterested.

“What should I do now to make it my promise last time..? I don’t want us to keep arguing Hakyeon…” Eunji reach Hakyeon hand and caress it softly.

“Stop seeing, Taekwoon” Hakyeon stare at her.

Eunji let go of his hand. She looks guilty.

“I…I can’t..” She stutters.

“Why?”

“He lost his memory because of me, Hakyeon. He save me from the accident. I can’t be selfish. At least let me help him to gain his past memory back. Don’t you feel sad that your best friend didn’t recognize you somehow?”

Hakyeon smirk and lean on the chair. “I don’t know how I should feel now. I am sad yet at the same time I feel betray.. It’s sad that my girlfriend is now coming back to her fiancée and its hurt to see she didn’t even care my feelings”

“Hakyeon, can you at least understand me? I won’t going back to him. I just want to help him. That’s it. No more, no less” Eunji assures.

“Maybe you think that way, but how about Taekwoon? Of course with his current condition, he will believe whatever things you going to say, and I’m sure after he knew you are his fiancée, he can do anything with you.”

“Do what?”

“Proposed”

Eunji shuts . That word suddenly reminds her when Taekwoon saying something about marriage at the hospital. Is he really serious with his words? Eunji didn’t sure either.

 “Why are you quiet? Is he already proposing you somehow?” Hakyeon sarcastically asking her.

“No he’s not” Eunji defense herself.

“Really? I thought he already did it. It’s a relief”

:

:

Its weekend when Taekwoon asking her to go out with him. Eunji had to when he’s begging eventhough she had already promised with Hayoung and Hakyeon they will go to watch the movie at the cinema. They went outside of Seoul and Taekwoon said he just wanting to have some fresh air at the village near the big city Seoul. Approximately it takes 1 hour and 30 minutes from Seoul.  It’s already 7pm and she can’t stay still. She promised to meet them at 9pm. ‘I’m going to be late if I still stay here’ Eunji talks to herself.

“I want to ask you something” Taekwoon look at Eunji in front of him.

“What is it?”

“Do you love me?”

The sudden question choking Eunji. She tries to swallow her saliva but its hard now.

“Do you love me, Eunji?” Taekwoon ask again when Eunji looks stunt.

“I…I’m..” she stutters.

She heard the guy letting out sighed.

“Somehow, we aren’t having this kind of special connection. The feel of love” Taekwoon speak out.

“I’m sorry that I can’t answer you..”

“I really can’t lose you. You’re the only one that I still remember in this world. I feel lonely, Eunji. I can die if you leave me”

Taekwoon hold her hand tightly. She trying to look into that eyes to find the sincerity.

 

Eunji POV

I run toward the hallway only to found out that the movie I plan to watch with Hakyeon already done. People are now out of the cinema and scattered around. I try to search for him in the crowd, but I can’t see him anywhere.

“He wouldn’t stay here waiting for me right? I’m late. 2 hours late..” I let out groan blaming myself for breaking the promise again.

I sit at the corner of the hallway and take out the phone wanting to call him.

“Hello, Hakyeon.”

“Hummm…”

I knew it. He’s mad again.

“I’m sorry…” I lower my voice.

“Luckily I didn’t bring Hayoung. I wait for you for 2 hours. Did you know that?” Hakyeon sounded upset.

“I’m sorry..I have to-“

“To what? Go outside of Seoul, walking while holding hand with Taekwoon? Then, what? Kiss? Did you sleep with him too?” Hakyeon yell on the phone.

I gasp. I can’t believe he throw such accuse to me. Plus, where did he know I’m going out with Taekwoon when I haven’t tell him anything.

“You look pretty with that pink dress though. I’m sure you are happy spending time with him” His voice calm down for a while.

“How did you know I’m wearing pink dress?”

Hakyeon keep quiet making me furious then I turn to the left side and found out he standing not too far away from my sits. He looks straight into my eyes. His eyes look sad and sorrowful.

“It’s time for you to make decision, Eunji. I won’t let you broke another promise. I’m tired. I have enough of this plays..” His still on the phone.

“If you feel like you wanting to continue with Taekwoon, you can go. I won’t make you stay beside me if your heart is for him..I won’t force you, Eunji. Please don’t hang me like this. Give me the definite answer so that I can still move on with my life” I heard his voice choking up.

“Hakyeon..I still love you. That won’t change..But..I’m sorry. I make you suffer like this..”

He turn off the phone and walks towards me. We stare for a long time without any words.

“I’m sorry. I shouldn’t do this to you.” I feel like my tears started to form.

He held my shoulder tightly.

“Tell me” He urge.

“I..We..” I stutter.

“Our relationship can’t go on any further. Let’s break up”

I said it right in front of his face. Tears dropping on the cheek. Hakyeon let go of me. He look into my eyes.

“I can’t leave Taekwoon. I’ve made a promise with his mom that I will take care of him. I’m sorry, Hakyeon. Really, I didn’t mean to do this to you..”

“So..This is the end?” Hakyeon ask while he holds his tears too.

I nodded slowly.

“You didn’t want to think twice. Maybe I will accept this as joke..”

“No Hakyeon. I won’t joke. I won’t think twice.” I cut him off.

“If that it is..then I don’t have anything to say..”

“Taekwoon’s amnesia really took you away from me” He scoffed.

“How I wish he wouldn’t got into accident that time and won’t lose his memory so that you can still stay with me..” he continue.

“Things already happen. We can’t change the fact.. Let’s not see each other again, Hakyeon. Thanks for everything”

I firmly stated my decision. I have too. I don’t want to end up breakdown in front of him eventhough I felt like my chest already wanted to explode. Hakyeon nodded and smile awkwardly. I leave him. I walk away from him and never turning back because I’m afraid that I will change my decision.