I'm Sorry

DESTINY

NOBODY POV

Few days after last met with Eunji, Taekwoon decided to meet Hakyeon. Seeking the truth. He is now in front of his house. But he doesn’t have guts to meet him.

“Ahjussi?”

Taekwoon got startled when he saw Hayoung was standing at the gate with her teddy bear on her hand.

“I know you ahjussi. You are dad’s friend right?” She smile brightly.

“How did you know I am his friend?” Taekwoon ask.

“Dad told me. You are his best friend. He show me your picture. I remember you came here last time too..”

Taekwoon want to said something but got cut off when the gate was automatically open. He saw Hakyeon standing at the garage looking at him.

:

They sat at the couch. Nothing. No words since Hakyeon invite Taekwoon inside the house. The coffee serve by his maid are still hot. Taekwoon take deep breath.

“I have a reason on why I decide to meet you today.” He start the talks.

Hakyeon waiting for his next words.

“I’m sorry. For what happen at Wonshik house last time.”

“It’s okay. Its my fault anyway. No need to apologize” Hakyeon reply.

Taekwoon looks at Hayoung who were playing by herself near the sliding door. With her cute ponytail, she does succeed to bring Taekwoon attention to stare at her.

“Isn’t she’s cute?” Hakyeon interrupt Taekwoon from his attention.

Taekwoon nodded and smile. “Yes. She is so cute. She’s 5 years old right?”

Hakyeon stand up from the couch and walks towards a big frame hanging on the walls in front of them. A picture of him and Hyeri.

“Yup.. She lost her mother since she was born. She never got a chance to meet her mother”

Taekwoon looks at the big frame of Hakyeon and Hyeri. He feels something off when Hakyeon reply him like that. Seems like he give a hint. Taekwoon feels like his heart beat faster than normal. He’s afraid to hear the next things from Hakyeon mouth.

“Why did you do that Taekwoon? Why did you leave Hyeri? Don’t you know she love you damn much?” Hakyeon ask while his eyes still fixed on the frame.

Taekwoon stands behind Hakyeon. He wants to taps that lonely shoulder but he can’t. He feels guilty.

“I trust you, Taekwoon. That’s why I give her to you. I know that my best friend would take good care of my sister. But…” Hakyeon turn around facing Taekwoon. His eyes are teary.

“Where did you keep your promise to love and cared for her? You betray us. Don’t you realize that?” Hakyeon look at Taekwoon.

“I….I know..I realized of what I’m doing. I’m sorry, Hakyeon” Taekwoon look down. He can’t beat that stare. He can’t even look into that eyes who was always sincere to him.

“Then why did you do that, Taekwoon?!” Hakyeon suddenly raised his voice.

“Because I have my own dream. I know that I’ve been selfish. But you should know me more than anyone else. You know that I wanted to be a musical actor since we were child, Hakyeon”

“You dump Hyeri with your own child just because you want to achieve something that you can get even after you married. How that can be your excuses?”

“Look. I don’t want to argue with you. This is not what I want. I just wanted to ask you about Hyeri. Why you didn’t tell me that Hyeri was gone?”

“Why should I? I thought she’s nothing to you…” Hakyeon smirk.

“Hakyeon….”

“You don’t want to ask where your child is?”

“I…..”

“Just look at behind you, Taekwoon”

Taekwoon slowly follow Hakyeon instruction. Nothing but Hayoung that is still playing with her teddy bear. She looks pure and innocent. Taekwoon can feel that his cheek is now soaks with tears.

“Cha Hayoung. Hyeri gave that name before her last breath. I am honestly doesn’t want you to know that Hayoung is your daughter, but Hyeri told me to do so. Anyway you have the right to know”

Hakyeon take a deep breath. Finally, he doesn’t have to keep this secret for too long. Taekwoon kneel down and crying. He can’t digest the thing that Hakyeon told him just now. ‘Hayoung is my daughter’ Taekwoon chocked.

“Dad, why ahjussi crying? Did you scold him?” Hayoung approach Hakyeon.

“Ahjussi, I am sorry if my dad scolds you. Maybe he is not in good mood. But don’t worry, you have me.. I will protect you from dad”

Hayoung kneel down in front of Taekwoon and wipe his tears with her tiny hands. Taekwoon can’t contain his feeling that he immediately hug the little girl. He feels warm with her in his embrace. He feel like he’s hugging Hyeri. Hayoung look so clueless but she hugs Taekwoon back. Hakyeon can’t bear to look at the scene in front of him now. He took his steps to the front door and he found out that Eunji were standing there silently.

 “I lose everything. I lose Hayoung now” He broke down in front of Eunji.

Eunji hug Hakyeon that were sobbing hard in front of her. She can feel that his hand hugging her waist back. Hakyeon cry in her embrace. He feels like he lost. Lost in his own world.

 

Eunji POV

I scribble the paper with my pen without even realizing that the paper is so messy. My mind was not into that scribble, but more towards Hakyeon. How is he now? It’s been 1 week since I last met him at his house. He looks so miserable that time. I saw Taekwoon hugging Hayoung. That time nothing else in my mind except Hakyeon. By this time, I think Taekwoon already told his parent about Hayoung. I let out sighed.

“Hey, Eunji” Sooyoung knock my table.

“huh?!”

“You look out of the world.. What’s wrong?”

“Nothing. Did your class already finish?” I asked her.

“Darling, time to go home now. School ended already.” Sooyoung showed her watch to me saying that it’s already 12 pm.

:

:

Its 2pm and I am here at Hakyeon office. This is so weird but I never have once coming to his office. But who cares because I just wanted to see him today. I look at Hayoung who were sitting beside me waiting for his dad. His secretary said that he have meeting and will end soon. So I bought a lunch box for him. I knew he wouldn’t have his lunch if it is already pass 1pm.

“Dad…” Hayoung scream beside me while running towards Hakyeon.

Hakyeon look shocked because of sudden visit from us. He eyeing me to follow him while he holding Hayoung in his arm.

“So, what’s gotten into you today? I didn’t expect to see you here” Hakyeon take a spoon of rice to his mouth.

“Are you okay?” I ask him instead of answering.

“Yeah, I’m okay. Do I look like I’m sick?” Hakyeon chuckle.

“Hakyeon. I’m serious.” I look at him that was busy feeding Hayoung with the food.

“Okay, I’m sorry. I’m just joking. Why so serious?” Hakyeon look at me back.

“Did Taekwoon said anything to you regarding Hayoung?”

“No.. He’s been quiet since we last met. I think he still try to gasp his current state. Not everyone can accept the fact they have a child when they think they don’t” Hakyeon answered.

“How about you? Are you okay with that? Since Taekwoon know about Hayoung, aren’t you afraid he going to have her?”

“Oh yeah, how’s your relationship with him? Did you guys still together?” Hakyeon cut off my question. He’s twisting the topic.

“I am already decided to break up with him. But I haven’t told him. Since I ‘m not ready to face him yet.”

Hakyeon nodded. “I hope everything goes well. Did your parents know about this?”

“Yes. I told them. Sorry Hakyeon. I had to.”

“It’s okay. It can’t be help. But I hope his parents are okay to be honest. What is their reaction if they knew about you and Taekwoon. Also Hayoung..” Hakyeon lowered his voice and stare at the food in front of him.

“Everything is going to be okay. I’m sure. Trust me. I will always support you.” I hold Hakyeon hands softly. He then flashes his brightest smile to me.

:

:

“Eunji, can we talk for a while?” Hongbin approach me when I’m about to exit the office. I nodded.

We walks to the hallway and Hongbin looks careful. Might be he want to be sure no one will heard us.

“Can I ask for your help?” Hongbin started to ask me.

I nodded and told him to continue.

“I know that I shouldn’t involve in this situation. Especially when Hakyeon hyung ask me to stay away, But I couldn’t help but to get into this”

“What did you mean?”

“Listen, I just want you to ask Taekwoon for considering his intention to take Hayoung. Please convince him to stop using the court asking for his right. I know he had the rights on Hayoung, but can’t he consider Hakyeon feeling?” Hongbin sounded pissed.

“Did you just said Taekwoon used court to take Hayoung away from Hakyeon? I didn’t know this” I’m shocked with what Hongbin say just now.

“2 days ago, Hakyeon hyung got a letter from the court. Taekwoon hyung asked for his right to take care of Hayoung since he’s her biological father. I swear I saw Hakyeon hyung crying that day in his office”

“I knew it. I knew something like this going to happen. Thanks for informing me Hongbin. I really appreciate it. Don’t worry. I will take care of Taekwoon. If you can do a favor for me, please?

“What is it?”

“Please take care of Hakyeon. I know that he doesn’t want me to see his weak side. That’s why he didn’t tell me this. Just stay by his side is enough for me. Can you?”

Hongbin promise me that he will. At least, i can rest assure for a while.