Chapter 8

Unacceptable Love

 

Don’t you know?

Chapter Eight: Don’t you know?

*Aaron’s POV*

“Gui, there you go.” I looked at Calvin. Does he have feelings for Gui too?

“Err.. Thank.. Thank you..” Gui took the plates of food from me and Calvin.

“Hebe, yours.” I passed the other plate of food that I’m holding to Hebe.

“Thank you!” I smiled at her.

Just as I took a few steps, I heard Hebe telling Gui, “Calvin seems to be interested in you.” It seems so too. I continued walking back the pit.

Just after 5 minutes, this tune.. Everyone seems to hear it too. I walked back into the house. It’s really her. I stood in front of the room.

“Ah. I’m sorry. I saw the piano so I..” I smile at her and walked to sit beside her. I played the keys at the right of the piano and she played the keys at the left of the piano. Just as the melody ends, they clapped.

*Gui Gui’s POV*

“Both of you sure have chemistry.” Jiro said. I smiled shyly.

“Jiro, join in with your guitar.” Aaron said while starting to play the song again.

“Sure.” Jiro went to take the guitar which is lying on the wall.

“I should say that Jiro and Aaron have more chemistry together.” Selina said.

“I agree too.” I said excitingly.

“Ok. Let’s all get out and eat.” Aaron stood up and walked out of the room. I went to the pit and started barbequing. Aaron stood opposite of me.

“Ouch.” I accidently lay my hand on the pit.

“Gui, are you ok?” Aaron immediately came beside me.

“It’s all red. You don’t barbeque already.” He took all the tongs away from my hand. He made me sit down.

“Gor, I want to barbeque.”

“No.”

“Gui, I helped you. What you want to barbeque?” Hebe said while walking towards the pit. I guess she should be happy to be able to stand so close to Aaron.

“Anything will do.” I replied. I sat there looking at the both of them. They seem to be chatting happily. My mood went all the way down.

“Gui, I have this cream. Apply on your wound.” Calvin walked up to me and passes me a tube of cream.

“Thank you.” I took over the tube of cream.

“I help you apply.” Calvin took the cream away from my hand and applies the medicine for me. I turned to look at Aaron. He is looking at the both of us. I immediately take my hand away from Calvin.

“I can apply myself.” I smiled at him.

“Aaron, the chicken wings are burnt.” Hebe nudged Aaron.

“Oh Oh. Sorry Sorry.” He took the burnt chicken wings and placed it onto a plate. He got distracted because of me? Is it?

We stayed till around 11pm at night before leaving.

“Bye. Thank you for inviting.” I told Calvin.
He smiled. “See you in school.” He patted my head.

“Bye.”

We send Hebe home before heading back home. When we reached, I was about to get down the car before Aaron called out for me.

“Gui..” I turned to look at him. He looked so serious. It kind of scares me off.

“Do you like Calvin?” Aaron asked. What should I say?

*Aaron’s POV*

~Flashback~

“Aaron, your sister looks kind of cute.” He started smiling to himself.

“Why?”

“I kind of like her.” Calvin said.

“You what?!” Is this some kind of joke or what?

“Why are you so agitated? Relax. I say. I kind of like your sister.”

“No. You cannot like her.”

“Why not?”

“Because.. Because..” Because I love her.

“Can’t answer? So I can woo her right? No objections?” He smiled to himself and walked away.

~End of Flashback~

I turned to look at her. “Do you like him?” Please say no. Please say no.

“Gor, do you know that Hebe likes you?” I was shocked by her words.

“She what?!”

“She is a very nice girl. Both of you seem to communicate well. Moreover, she is pretty, smart, caring and she..”

I cut off her sentence, not wanting her to continue. “But I don’t love her.” Both of us kept silence for a while.

“Don’t you know how I feel?” I broke off the silence. I looked at her. She starts to bite her lower lips. “Let’s go home.” I opened the door and stepped out of the car. I headed for the house with her walking behind me. I lied on my bed with my eyes close. How much I wish, we aren’t siblings. It’s so hard to become lovers when we are siblings in people eyes. I can’t say out loud that I love her. I can’t stop people from loving her because I do not have the reason to do so – just because we are siblings. Tears begin to flow out from the corner of me eyes. Why is it so hard? Why is my heart feeling so painful now?

‘She is a very nice girl. Both of you seem to communicate well. Moreover, she is pretty, smart, caring and she..’ Is Gui backing off and pushing me to Hebe?

*Gui Gui’s POV*

~Flashback~

“Do you like Calvin?”

“Do you like him?”

“Gor, do you know that Hebe likes you?”

“She what?!”

“She is a very nice girl. Both of you seem to communicate well. Moreover, she is pretty, smart, caring and she..”

“But I don’t love her.”

“Don’t you know how I feel?”

~End of Flashback~

‘Don’t you know how I feel?’, ‘Don’t you know how I feel?’ I hugged onto my teddy bears tightly. I know. I know. Because I feel the same as you do. I hurt him. I hurt him, didn’t I? Tears started rolling down from my eyes. I buried myself into the pillow to prevent my crying sound to be heard.

============================
Trying not to love but end up loving..

Signing off
bubblygal
3 Oct
5:30PM