Chapter 20

Unacceptable Love

 

Sacrificing

Chapter Twenty: Sacrificing

*Gui Gui’s POV*

“Mum?!”

“Auntie Wu..” Mum walked up to me and slapped my face.

“Auntie Wu!!” Aaron pulled me behind him. Tears started rolling down my cheeks.

“Gui, are you ok?” I nodded.

“Auntie, it’s not her fault. I’m the one who love her.” Aaron said. Mum looked at him with her eyes wide open. “We are together.” She’s dumbfounded.

“What do you think the both of you are doing!!” And she slapped Aaron too.

“Mum, don’t slap him. If want to slap someone, than you slap me instead.” I stood in front of Aaron.

“Gui..” He pulled me to his side.

“Mum, I love him. Even he’s my brother, I still love him.”

“Gui, how could you..”

“I’m sorry.” Mum didn’t say anything else. She walked back to her room. Uncle Yan isn’t with her. I started crying again.

“Gor..” He hugged me tightly. I went back to my room.

“Gui, I’m coming in.” Aaron walked into my room.

“Does your face still hurt?” He asked.

“Doesn’t yours hurt too?” I touched his cheek. He shook his head.

“It’s nothing compare to yours.” I looked at him.

“Gor..” I touched his chest. “You heart should be aching too, isn’t it?” I’m referring to Aaron’s mum. His heart is hurting too, isn’t it? Why do things just happen all of the sudden at one go?

~At night~

We are having dinner together.

“What’s wrong with the 3 of you?” Uncle Yan asked. “Did the both of you made your mum angry?” Uncle Yan looked at the both of us. I didn’t dare to reply. Aaron did not say anything too.

“Dear, eat more..” Mum kept on taking food for Uncle Yan. All of us are avoiding the topic.

“Dear, are you angry with me for spoiling our honeymoon?” Uncle Yan asked. Aaron and I looked at the both of them.

“No. I’m fine. Your company has urgent matters for you to handle. I’m not angry for coming back earlier than schedule.” This explained why mum appear suddenly in the afternoon.

“I’m full already. I’m going back to my room.” Mum stood up from the chair and headed back to her room. Aaron and I kept quiet.

“Is there something happened that I missed out?” Uncle Yan asked again.

“Nothing.” Aaron replied. Aaron stood up and walked away. Uncle Yan looked at me.

“Uncle Yan..”

“Yea?” I think I should tell him.
“Aaron’s mum came back to look for him yesterday.” Uncle Yan dropped his chopsticks when I said that.

“So that explains why everyone is in such a moody mood?”

“N..No.. There are some things that I can’t say now. I will tell you when I’m ready. Uncle Yan, I go back to my room already.” I stood up and left.

~The Next Morning~

“Mum..” I walked to the kitchen.

“Go and take your breakfast.” She said coldly.

“Mum..” I grabbed onto her arm.

“You will be late for school.” She walked out of the kitchen. I went to the dining table and sit down.

“Gui, are you ok?” Aaron asked.

“Yea.” He put his hand on mine.

“I’m fine.” I smiled at him. After eating breakfast, the both of us get ready to go to school. Just as we opened the main door..

“Why are you here again?” Aaron asked.

“You are going to school already? I send you there.”

“No need. Gui, let’s go.”

“Aaron..” She held onto Aaron’s arm.

“Let go of me.” Just then, Uncle Yan and mum walked to the door too.

“You..” Uncle Yan said. “Both of you go to school first.”

“Ok.” I pull Aaron to the car.

*Uncle Yan’s POV*

“Why are you here? Do you know your sudden appearance would frighten Aaron? After you left so many years, you never once call him.”

“I.. I was training hard to become a top dancer. I didn’t mean to. I..”

“Top dancer..” I smirked. “So becoming a top dancer, what do you get in the end? Applauses? Flowers? Or fame?”

“Dear..” Dear put her hand on my shoulder. I nodded at her.

“If you want Aaron to call you mum again, you got to work hard yourself.” After saying, I stood up from the seat and left.

*Gui Gui’s POV*

“Gor..” I chased after him. “You are walking too fast, I can’t catch up.”

“Then don’t follow me.” I stunned at the spot when he said that. I stopped following him and headed back to my classroom.

He’s in a bad mood only. Don’t take his words to heart. I tried to convince myself that he did not say that on purpose. He should be fine after school. I will go and look for him after school. When lesson ended, I immediately dashed out of my classroom but I just couldn’t find him anywhere. Calvin said he left after lesson ends. He promised that he will always tell me where he is going. Why did you choose to disappear from my sight again? Just then, my phone vibrated. I took out my phone and saw a message send from him.

The message goes like this:

Gui, I’m sorry about today. I’m going to the beach. You go home yourself ok?

Aaron.

I felt kind of relieved when he sent this. I headed home after that.

“Mum, I’m home.” She is sitting on the sofa.

“Gui, come and sit down beside me.” I walked towards her and sat beside her.

“Mum, are you still angry over me and Aaron?”

“Gui, we will leave this house.”

“What do you mean?”

“It seems that I have to leave your Uncle Yan.”

“No! Mum. Why?!” I held onto her hands.

“Gui, you love him don’t you?”

“I..” She smiled at me.

“My daughter finally grown up and started to love someone. This is the first person that I heard you saying that you love him. As a mum, I should support you, don’t I?”

“Mum..”

“I will let you be with him but we got to leave first.”

“No. Mum. After dad, this is the second happiness that you found. You can’t..” She my hair and smiled.

“Is my daughter’s happiness more important or mine? Of course my daughter’s, isn’t it?”

“No mum. Things shouldn’t go this way.” We kept silent for a while.

“I will leave him.” I said.

“Gui..”

“I will leave him.” I ran back up to my room and locked the door.

“Gui..” Mum knocked on my door but I did not response to it. I crouch at one corner and started crying.

If someone has to sacrifice in order to get happiness, than I will be the one sacrificing.

======================================

Love just includes sacrifising sometimes..

Signing off
bubblygal
27 Oct
8:19PM