Chapter 16

Unacceptable Love

 

Birthday Party

Chapter Sixteen: Birthday Party

*Gui Gui’s POV*

~At night~

“Gor, are you excited about tomorrow?” Both of us are sitting at the living room, watching television programs.

“No. Why?” He turned to look at me and started leaning forward. “You have some surprise for me?”

“N..No..” I stretched out my hand to push him away.

“I thought I would get some surprise.” He pouted.

“I met Calvin on the streets just now.” He turned to look at me. “You told him already, didn’t you?” He just nodded, not giving any reply.

“I have not told Hebe. I can’t bring myself to tell her. I..” He put his hand on mine and smiled.

“It’s ok. You don’t have to force yourself.”

“But..”

“I’m fine.”

“You always say that but you aren’t fine.” He kept silent.

“Aaron!” I quickly take my hand away from his but I know mum did saw it somehow.

“Yes, Auntie?” Aaron turned to her.

“Tomorrow is your birthday. I do not know what to give you. This is for you.” Mum passed Aaron a red packet. “You can go and buy the things that you want.”

“Thank you, Auntie.”

“Gui, come and help me to wash the dishes.” Mum looked at me.

“Ok.” She’s just trying to pull me away from Aaron.

“Auntie, I help you with it too.” Aaron stood up from the sofa.

“It’s ok. Gui will help me with it.” I looked at Aaron and shook my head. I followed my mum into the kitchen.

~Next Morning~

The moment we get down from the car, all the girls came rushing towards him.

“Aaron, Happy Birthday!!” I was being pushed to the side.

The presents are getting more and more till I’m unable to see his face. After 15 to 20 minutes of idling, they left.

“Gui, can you help me with it?” Aaron asked.

“Don’t want.” I crossed my arms.

“Are you jealous?” And he started giggling.

“I’m not!”

“Yes, you are. Faster. Help me with it.”

“Just throw it into the car.” I said.

“You got to help me to open the car door too.”

“Sigh. I help you with it.” Calvin walked towards us.

“Thanks.” Calvin took the car key and opened the car door for him.

“Gui, you are jealous, aren’t you?” Calvin said.

“I.. I’m not.” I looked away from them. “I’m going back to class.” I wanted to walk away but Aaron held onto me. He pinned me against the car.

“I still have not received someone’s present.” He looked at me. I looked into his eyes. For moment, I got so attracted to him. Ahh!! I pushed him away.

“Don’t have.” I ran towards my classroom immediately.

“Gui, what happened to you?” Hebe asked. I was panting real hard. My heart is beating very fast.

“Nothing.”

Hebe started smiling to herself. “What’s wrong with you?” I asked.

“I’m so looking forward to the party at night.” She said.

I then know from her that everyone from my class has been invited. I looked at Hebe. She’s so happy. How am I supposed to open my mouth and tell her that I’m with Aaron? Sigh. What a difficult task.

~At night~

I’m wearing this pink gown with a small ribbon at the side – Simple but elegant.

“Gui, are you ready?” Aaron knocked on my room’s door.

“Yea.” He opened the door and walked in.

“You look beautiful today.” He smiled and hugged onto my waist.

“You look handsome too.” I smiled and adjust his bow tie. “Let’s go out before anyone sees us.”

He held onto my hand and the both of us headed to the pool side.

“Happy birthday, Aaron!” Everyone give him their blessings as we walked pass them.

“Happy birthday, Aaron.” Jiro said.

“This is for you.” Selina took out a box and gave it to Aaron.

“Thank you.”

“This is for you.” Calvin gave his present too.

“Erm.. Aaron, this is for you. Happy Birthday.” Hebe said as she took the box of chocolates out from her bag. “I made this myself.” I looked at her then I realized the rest of them are looking at me. Aaron did tell Jiro and Selina too huh? I know what they are thinking. I still have not told Hebe that Aaron and I are together. I’m still giving her hope. But whenever I see her smile, I just couldn’t bring myself to tell her.

“So, what did Gui give you?” Jiro asked. I looked at Jiro. Why did he even ask this now? I could feel Aaron looking at me.

“She has not given me anything.”

“Err..” I started to laugh. “I told you I do not have any present for you.” Calvin looked at me with a puzzled look.

Just then, a slow music started playing.

“Ah! You should invite Hebe for a dance.” I patted on Aaron’s shoulder. He looked at me in bewilderment.

“Calvin, let’s go.” I pulled Calvin to the dancing ground. Jiro also asked Selina for a dance.

“What are you doing?” Calvin whispered to me while dancing with me.

“Because Hebe said she wanted a dance with him.” He looked at me and nodded.

“I’m sorry for taking you as a shield.”

He smiled. “It’s ok. You have not given him the rings you bought?”

“Nope.” I smiled at him.

“You should dance with him. I know he wants to dance with you.”

“Huh?!”

“Aaron, change partner.” Just before I’m able to react, Calvin spins me out and releases his hands from mine. I thought I’m going to fall but someone caught me. I looked up to see him in front of me. He leans forward and whispered into my ears.

“What are you trying to do?”

“Just purely want you to dance with her.” I said.

“Gui, we would give her wrong signal you know.”

“I know.”

“Sigh. How should I deal with you?” He pulled me closer into his arms.

==============================================

Signing off
bubblygal
Oct 18
9:31AM