Chapter 4

Unacceptable Love

 

Performance

Chapter Four: Performance

~Gui Gui’s POV*

As usual, I washed up after waking up.

“Morning, Gor!” I saw him walking down the stairs when I came out of my room. He stopped and turned around.

“Morning.” He smiled. His smile always makes me feels so warm inside. I ran up to him and walked down with him. We have our breakfast and headed off to school.

“Gui, remember to come and see my performance ok?” Aaron said.

“Yap. I will remember. See you.” I smiled and walked back to my classroom.

“Morning Hebe.” She doesn’t seem to be responding. I stood in front of her. She didn’t notice me. I waved my hand in front of her. “Hey. Hey. What are you thinking?”

“Oh Oh. Morning, Gui.” She then realized my existence.

“What are you thinking?” She started blushing. “Eh?”

“Gui, are you free after school?” After school? Of course not. Aaron asked me to see his performance.

“Err.. Why?”

“Don’t you know your brother is performing with his friends today? Let’s go watch ok?” Eh??!!

“Ok.” Since I’m going anyway, so I agreed. But.. I took a look at Hebe.

“Why do you want to go and watch? You have someone who you are interested in performing too?”

“Yap!!” She smiled sweetly. “Its.. It’s your brother, Aaron.”

“What?!!”

“Shhh.. Not so loud. But there are a lot of girls out there like him too. Sigh.” My mouth continues to hang open. That means, not only Hebe, he is popular among other girls too?

“I like the way he play the piano, the way he play basketball, the way he study, the way he.. Gui?? Are you listening to me?”

“Yea Yea.” I know I know. I know how good my brother is. Other then what Hebe mention, he is gentle and caring. He is always there when I need him. I like the way he pat my head, I like the way he hug me, I like the way he kiss my forehead, I like his warm, I like everything. But.. Life is cruel isn’t it? We are siblings. However, thinking on the bright side, if my mum weren’t married to Uncle Yan, I might not meet him right?? I guess I’m only comforting myself.

~After school~

“Gui, Hurry Hurry!!!” Hebe pushed me out of the classroom.

“Ok Ok.” She got super excited over the performance. We walked to the school theatre.

“There are sure lots of people here.” Hebe said. Did everyone come to see Aaron? And his friends? I was busy thinking and didn’t realize someone was in front of me.

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I was thinking about some things that I didn’t saw you in front.” I knocked into a girl. She looks kind of cute.

“I’m sorry.” I said again. She smiled. “It’s ok. I’m fine anyway. You do not need to say sorry to me for so many times.” I thought she would scold me for knocking into her. I smiled back to her before her walking to the back stage. Just as I wanted to walk away, I looked left and right. Where’s Hebe? Where did she go to? I went around the place to look for her and I came walking to the back stage.

“How is it?” I saw Aaron talking to the girl who I knocked into just now.

“You look great.” She smiled at him and he returned a smile. I lowered my head down and took a few steps back before leaving the place.

“Gui? Gui? Where have you been?” I looked up and saw Hebe standing in front of me.

“Oh Oh. I went to look for you. You went missing suddenly.”

“When did I go missing? I told you that let’s go and find a place to sit. Guess you didn’t hear me isn’t it? What are you thinking? You look more distracted now.”

“I’m sorry.” She smiled. “Sigh. Let’s go.” Both of us went to find a good spot to sit. Hebe wanted to take photos of them or maybe Aaron only. After a few performances, it’s finally their turn. They are playing as the finale. Heard that the best is always left till the end, so, they are counted as the best in this school, isn’t it?

“… Now we have come to the finale. This is what everyone is waiting for, isn’t it??!! Give me your best screams!!” Everyone started screaming including Hebe. I didn’t scream of course. “Let’s welcome the band from 4A01!!” 4A01 is Aaron’s class. The curtain of the stage is still closed but everyone went quiet when the piano plays. It is him who is playing the piano. After a paragraph, the guitar came in and the curtain opened showing the 3 of them on the stage.

“This song, “Only you” is dedicated to all of you.” The guy who is the main vocal said. Everyone started screaming again. Didn’t know how they managed to do it but the melody of the piano fits perfectly with the guitar. I closed up my eyes to listen to the song. I felt the love within it. All the memories I had with him from young came flooding into my mind. The first time he held onto my hand, the first time he hug me, the first time he smile at me. He is just more than a brother. Is he feeling the same thing as I do? Just after thinking about this question, I remembered what I saw at the back stage. I should stop thinking. I looked at Aaron who is on the stage. I smiled to myself. The song ended with the piano melody and the curtain closed.

“Encore! Encore!” Everyone started shouting. I thought the performance ends so I stood up and wanted to leave.

“Gui, where are you going?” Hebe asked.

“The performance ended already, isn’t it?” Just then, the curtain opened again. This time he was not accompanied by his friends but only him. This song.. This tune.. This melody.. Its..

~Flashback~

As we walked up the stairs, the melody gets clearer and clearer. Who is playing the piano? I started looking around the rooms and I came up to this room. I pushed the door opened and he was sitting there. I didn’t know who he was but the way he plays the piano, the melody just attracts my attention. Soon after, I guess he sense my existence. He turned around and looked at me.

“Who are you?” His words almost freeze me up. “I.. I..”

~End of Flashback~

It’s the same tune, the same melody, the song that he is playing when we first met. It is also the only song that he taught me to play. So the day at the music room, he is already starting practicing for this performance?
The event ended with lots of applauses from the audience. All the audience is leaving the theatre.

“Gui, are you going to look for your brother?” Hebe asked. I guess she wanted to see him.

“Yea. Let’s go and find him.” She happily hooks onto my arms. Just as we took a few steps, he was already there, standing in front of us.

====================================
Comments!!

Signing off
bubblygal
25 Sept
7:49AM