Chapter 17

Unacceptable Love

 

Selfish Love

Chapter Seventeen: Selfish Love

*Gui Gui’s POV*

I went back into my room to take a rest. Mum pulled Aaron around to introduce girls for him. Sigh. Can’t believe that mum is doing to this extreme. Uncle Yan still doesn’t know anything. If he knows, will he be like mum?

“Gui..” Aaron walked into my room with lots of presents. He put down all the presents and hugged me. “I’m so tired.”

I chuckled. “Who ask you to be so popular?”

“Hugging you is still the best.” He said.

“You ah.. Someone might see us you know.”

“Sigh.” He then released his hug. “Where’s my present?”

“Don’t have.” I back faced him and started smiling.

“Don’t have? You sure?” I nodded.

“Then I shall get my present from you myself.” He said.

“Eh?” He turned me around and laid his lips on mine. The gentler he is with the kiss, the more I wouldn’t bear to break it off.

“Gor..” I pushed him slightly away from me. He started smiling.

I pouted. “Ok. I go and get your present.” I walked towards the table and opened the drawer. I took out a box.

“There you go.” I gave it to him.

“What is it?” He started shaking the box.

“Open up and see.” The moment he opened the box, he stared at it for long. The box contains of 2 rings - a bigger one which is his and the smaller one which is mine.

“I do not know whether you like it a not. I also not sure about your size but should be correct. Mine fits well.” He did not say anything but kept on looking at it.

“You have been staring at it for long.” He’s still not responding. I frowned. “You don’t like it that I take it back.” The moment I wanted to take the box away from me, he pulled me into his arms.

“Thank you. I thought you wouldn’t want a ring?”

“Because you say you want it.” I smiled at him. He took the smaller ring out.

“Give me your hand.” I stretched out my hand. He slots the ring into my third finger.

“You are mine now.” I smiled at him.

“I help you put on too.” I took the bigger ring and put it on for him. He hugged me tightly.

“I love you, Gui.” I smiled.

“What do you mean by that?!!” Both of us turned to look at the door.

“Hebe.. We..” Calvin and the rest stood behind her. Aaron pulled me behind him.

“What you see is real. Gui didn’t want to hurt you so she kept it from you.” Aaron said.

“Gor..” I tugged his shirt. I walked up to Hebe.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to..” One big slapped came smacking onto my face.

“Gui!” Aaron pulled me to him. “Are you ok?” He touched my face. Hebe started crying.

“You are my best friends. And you did this to me..” She took a few steps back before running away.

“Hebe..” I wanted to chase her but Aaron held onto me.

“I go and chased after her.” Calvin said and ran after Hebe. I started crying in Aaron’s arms.

~After 15 minutes~

I was sitting in front of the mirror with Selina. Aaron and Jiro went back out. It’s Aaron’s birthday party after all. He needs to be outside. Selina is helping me to touch up the makeup.

“Selina, do you think Aaron and I are in wrong?” I asked her. She placed her hand on mine and smiled.

“Gui, what do you think?”

“I.. I don’t know. We are supposed to be siblings and we should stay as siblings, isn’t it? Even mum disagree. He’s my brother.”

“Gui, follow your heart. You love him, don’t you?” I looked at Selina.

“Yes. I love him.” I said it out without any hesitation.

“That’s the answer.” She smiled.

“But.. I don’t want to hurt anyone. What if because of this relationship, someone pays a big price?”

“Gui, in every relationship, there is always someone getting hurt, there is also always people sacrificing. This is because love is selfish which only belong to 2 people. If there are more than 2 people, someone is bound to get hurt. I believe that you are the one which Aaron wouldn’t want to see getting hurt. Even if he feels painful and stress, he still wants to protect you. You must have more courage in this relationship.” Courage. That’s what I’m lacking off.

“Thanks, Selina.”

“You are welcome.” She said.

“How about you and Jiro? How did the both of you know each other?” When I asked this question, she started smiling.

“I remember that day I mistook him as a thief. Because when I found out that my wallet was lost, he is the only one who walked past me. So I grabbed onto him and demanded for my wallet. I still can remember his expression that day. It’s so funny.” She started laughing but suddenly she started smiling sweetly.

“I like the way he plays the guitar. I like the way he care for me when I got hurt. I like the way he hugged me and say he loves me. I like the way he protects me. I remember once I got disturb by some strangers, he came to protect me. When he hurt his hand because of so saving me, I’m so afraid that he might not be able to play guitar again. I like the way he wants me even though his parents object.” She smiled and looked at me.

“He is silly but cute. He is rash but reliable. He is blur but sweet. He is careless but gentle. I know Aaron also have some points that attracts you. Gui, be strong. We are all supporting the both of you.” I hugged Selina.

“Thank you. Thank you.” I’m so touched.

“Gui, don’t cry. I just touched up your makeup.” I nodded and she patted on my back.

“Let’s go down now. They might be waiting for us to go down.” Selina said.

“Ok.” Both of us went down.

“What’s taking the both of you so long?” Jiro said as he pulled Selina into his arms.

“We are talking about your bad things.” Selina pinched his nose.

“What bad things? Huh?” Jiro looked at me and I started giggling.

“It’s a secret between us.” Selina said and smiled at me.

“Jiro, let’s go elsewhere.” Selina held onto Jiro’s hand.

“Where?” And she pulled him off.

“Gui..” Aaron looked at me. I smiled at him.

“I’m fine.”

“You sure?” I nodded.

“Hebe..”

“Calvin said that he’s comforting her now.”

“Ok.”

“Let’s go and get some food.” Aaron pulled me to the table.

“What do you want?” He asked. I looked at the range of food.

“I want the cake!” He smiled and nodded.

“Gor, what do you want? I take for you.” I went to take a plate and started scooping lots of food for him.

“Are you feeding a pig?” Aaron saw the pile of food on the plate.

“How do you know? You are the pig.” And I started laughing.

“How dare you say I’m a pig!” Both of us put down the plates we are holding on and he started chasing me around.

Even if no one gives us their blessing, at least there are always Jiro and the rest supporting us. Even if our relationship doesn’t last, I still want to cherish every moment I spend with you. Even if we don’t go together in the end, I will always love you. Because I learnt that this is my selfish love.

================================
Love is selfish. That's what people always say, isnt it?

Signing off
bubblygal
Oct 19
9:36PM