Chapter 6

Unacceptable Love

 

Unexplainable feelings

Chapter Six: Unexplainable feelings

*Gui Gui’s POV*

~The Next Morning~

The sunlight shone directly onto my face. I opened my eyes slowly. I turned around. He’s sleeping beside me and I’m still grabbing onto his hands. I looked at his sleeping face. I remembered that day he was also there, beside me.

~Flashback~

“No! NO! Go away! Don’t come near me. No!!” I got fright awake from my dreams. I looked around my room, it’s all pitch dark. I started crying and crying. I hugged onto my teddy bears tightly. Just then, someone opened my room’s door.

“AH!! No!! Don’t come near me!!” I pull my pillow in front to hide myself behind the pillow.

“Gui, Gui. It’s me.” I pull my pillow down slowly. “Gui, are you having nightmares?” After seeing his face, my tears flow more freely.

“Don’t cry. Hush Hush. Gor Gor is here. Gor Gor sleeps with you ok?” I nodded at him. He put my pillow on the bed to allow me to rest. He covered the blanket on me.

“Sleep tight ok? I’m here with you.” I shifted myself closer to Aaron. Within 5 minutes, I fell asleep and the next morning, he’s still there beside me. He never left.

~End of Flashback~

“Gui, you are awake already?” He asked while lying on the bed.

“Sorry, did I wake you up?” He held his hand up to touch my face.

“Are you feeling better?” He asked.

“Yea. Thanks Gor.” I smiled. Suddenly, he came up to me and hugged me.

“Gor?” His sudden hug startled me.

“How great it would be if we aren’t siblings.” I’m dumbfounded by what he said.

“Gor?” I then realized, he fall back to sleep again. I slowly pushed him on to the bed and creep down the bed. I went to the toilet and get myself washed up.

‘How great it would be if we aren’t siblings.’ This sentence kept on repeating in my mind. I walked out of the toilet. He is still sleeping. I took a last peek of him before leaving the room.

“Morning, Gui.”

“Morning, Mum.” I walked to the kitchen. “Where’s Uncle Yan?”

“There are some urgent matters for him to handle so he went back to the company already.” I nodded as a response to my mum.

“You are still calling him Uncle Yan?” I looked at my mum. “He’s your dad already.”

“I know. But I’m just not used to it.” I only have one dad. I’m just not so used in calling Uncle Yan dad. Furthermore, if I call him dad, isn’t it being more impossible to be with Aaron? I.. I do not know.

“Morning, Aaron.” My mum spoke. I turned around to see him walking towards us.

“Morning.” He pulled the chair out and sat beside me. “Auntie Wu, today Gui Gui and I are going to a friend’s house for BBQ. We are not coming back for dinner.”

“Ok.”

“Mum, Gor doesn’t call you mum too.” I said. Aaron looked at me. “What are you both talking about?”

“Nothing.” Mum glared at me. I turned to look at Aaron. His expression changed. I do not understand that expression on his face. I wanted to ask him what’s wrong but mum stopped me from doing so.

*Aaron’s POV*

Mum. I have almost forgetting how mum looks like. I looked at Auntie Wu. I know she’s my mum now. But.. I hated my mum for leaving me. I hated her for not following what she had promised me. However, at the same time, I miss her.

“I’m going out for a while.” I stood up from the chair and headed for the door.

“Gor..” I brushed pass her.

Driving aimlessly down the streets, I still came back to this place. I went to sit at a big rock, near the sea. The strong wind brushed against my skin.

~Flashback~

“Mum!! Don’t go!! Don’t go!!” No matter how much I cry, she does not have the intention to stay.

“Aaron, don’t cry. You are a boy. You must be strong.” My mum squatted down in front of me. She wiped off my tears and smiled at me.

“Mum, don’t go.” I hugged her tightly.

“Aaron, behave. I will come back for you ok?” I looked at her. “Really?!” This brightens me up.

“Promise?” I said.

“Promise.” We hooked our small little finger together.

~End of Flashback~

It has been 11 years. She never came back. As flashbacks came back into my mind, tears started rolling down again. Such a failure. I should not be crying over this.

“Gor..” Gui squatted beside me. She reached her hand out to wipe off my tears. I hugged her immediately.

“Don’t look at me now. I will be fine soon.” She didn’t speak but just patting me on my back. We stayed in that position for around 5 minutes.

“How do you know I’m here?” I asked.

“Of course I know. Because this is a little secret between us.” She smiled.

~Flashback~

“Gui, how could you make such a mistake?!” Auntie Wu took out the cane again. One and one canning onto Gui Gui.

“Didn’t Aaron teach you a lot of times? How can you still fail in the examinations? Did you really have the heart to study or you are daydreaming?!” I remembered that day Auntie Wu scold Gui Gui very badly.

“Auntie Wu, don’t blame her. She did put in a lot of effort.” I stood in front of Gui Gui to block Auntie Wu from hitting her.

“Yea. I believe Gui Gui put in effort too.” Dad came forward to calm Auntie Wu. I turned to Gui Gui to help her up.

“Gui, are you ok?” She did not reply but kept on sobbing. I brought her up to her room and applied medicine for her.

“Gui?” Tears just kept on flowing down her cheeks. “Gui, I bring you to some place ok?” She looked at me.

“Let’s go.” I held her hand and took her out of the house. I brought her to this small beach. I like this place. The cooling sea breeze, the peaceful environment and the calm waves. Furthermore, there not much people here either.

“Gui, do you like this place?”

“Yea.” She smiled and ran to the sea.

“Gui, careful.” I followed behind her. Both of us started splashing water at each other. I saw her smile again.

~End of Flashback~

I looked at her. I couldn’t control myself. I have this urge to kiss her. I pulled her closer to me and I lay my lips on hers.

====================================

Signing off
bubblygal
29Sept
10:09AM