Chapter 13

Unacceptable Love

 

He's your Brother

Chapter Thirteen: He's your Brother

*Gui Gui’s POV*

Unknowingly, I slept too. I do not know how long I have been sleeping but till the night, someone started tapping me to wake up. I opened my eyes slowly. As the vision gets clearer..

“Mum?”

“Shh.. Don’t wake him up.” I turned around to see Aaron still sleeping soundly beside me. I took his hand away from me and creep down from the bed slowly. I walked out of the room with my mum.

“Mum, I go back to my room.”

“I got something to talk to you. Come with me.” Both of us walked to the dining table and sat down.

“What is it, mum?”

“Firstly, I know both of you are in good relationship but both of you have already grown up. Especially you, Gui. You have grown up. You cannot always be like a child, bugging you brother. Both of you shouldn’t be sleeping together, unlike when you were still young.” I lowered down my head and nodded.

“And, did something happen between the two of you? Both of you have been acting strangely these few days.”

“It’s nothing, mum.”

“Tell me the truth.” I looked at her. Should I say? How should I say? What happen if I say?

“Mum.. I.. I love him.” I didn’t tell mum that we are together but I just tell her that I love him.

“I know you love him. Both of you are so good together since young.”

“That means we can be together?” I thought she meant this way.

“Wait. What are you talking about?” Mum looked at me.

“I.. Didn’t you just say that you know I love him?”

“As a brother, isn’t it?” It is like some thunder strike on me when she said this.

“No. I mean. I love him. Not as a brother.” Just as I finished my sentence, mum slapped me hardly on my face. I froze on the spot. She never ever slapped me so hard on me face.

“He is your brother.”

“I know. But we are not blood-related.” I tried to argue.

“He is your brother.” Mum repeated. Tears started flowing down my cheeks. “Uncle Yan is a man with status. How would other people see him when they know that both of his children who are siblings become lovers? Both of you are siblings.”

Without saying anything, I ran back to my room. I slammed the door. I lean against the door and sat on the floor. I buried myself in my arms.

‘He is your brother.’, ‘Both of you are siblings’ I cried even harder than before. Is this the answer for our relationship? Is the end for us?

~Aaron’s POV~

I opened my eyes slowly and the sunlight shone into my eyes. I touched the side of my bed. Gui isn’t here. I thought she was sleeping beside me yesterday? Am I dreaming? I get down of my bed and get washed up. I walked down the stairs and headed for the kitchen.

“Morning, Aaron.” Auntie Wu was preparing breakfast as usual.

“Where’s Gui?” I asked because I didn’t see her anywhere.

“She has not come down. She might be still sleeping.”

“I go and call her.”

“Eh..” By this time, I already ran up to her room. I knocked on her room’s door.

“Gui? Wake up already. We got to go to school already. Gui?” No one answer no matter how many times I knocked on the door.

“I’m coming in.” I pushed the door opened but it seems that something is blocking the door from opening wider. I peek thru the door.

“Gui!” I saw her lying on the floor. I squeezed myself thru the door to enter into her room.

“Gui. Gui.” I carried her up and put her on the bed. “Gui. Answer me.” She is sweating all over. “Gui!” She then slowly opened her eyes.

“Gor? Going to school already? I..” She tried to stand up but end up falling back.

“Gui!” I held on tightly to her. I touched her forehead. She’s a bit feverish.

“Gui, you are having fever. Don’t go to school today.”

“I’m fine.” She tried to stand up again.

“What happened to her?” Auntie Wu dashed up to us.

“She’s not feeling well.”

“Aaron, I will take care of her. You go to school.” She took Gui away from my arms.

“But..”

“No but. Go!” Auntie Wu pushed me out of the room. This is the first time seeing Auntie Wu being so fierce. I have no choice but to go to school. I was so distracted the whole day.

“Buddy, what’s wrong with you?” Calvin patted on my back.

“Nothing.”

“Do you want to go out? Ask Gui along.” He said.

“I’m going home. She’s sick.” I said.

“Sick?! Is it serious? I go to your house with you!” Calvin started grabbing his things.

“She’s just having fever. Her mum is looking after her.”

“Ok. Let’s go.” He took his bag and pulled me out of the classroom.

“Bye.” Jiro said. Calvin and I waved at him before leaving.

~At home~

“Auntie, how’s Gui?” Calvin asked.

“You are?”

“He’s my friend, Calvin.” I said.

“Oh. She’s fine. She’s resting in her room.”

“Can I go and see her?” Calvin asked.

“Sure.” Auntie Wu brought Calvin up to Gui’s room. I followed behind them.

“Gui, Calvin comes and visits you.” Gui looked so pale. She smiled.

“Hello. Thank you for coming.”

“How are you feeling? Are you ok?” Calvin sat beside Gui.

“Yea. I’m fine.”

“Why is your cheek so red?” Calvin asked. I looked at Gui.

“Huh? Ah? It’s nothing.” She smiled weakly. She is hiding something.

“Gui, have you eaten?” I asked. She looked at me.

“Yea. Just have porridge.”

“Ok. Let’s go down. Let Gui to take a rest.” Auntie Wu said. I walked towards Gui.

“Gor..” I sat on her bed.

“Did something happen? You are hiding something from me.” I touched her cheeks.

“Nothing. Don’t worry.” She smiled.

“Aaron, let’s go.” Auntie Wu said. I nodded at her.

“Rest well ok?” I lean forward to give a peck on her forehead. This kiss is witnessed by Auntie Wu.

=================================================

AH!~

Signing off
bubblygal
Oct 12
8:59AM