Chapter 18

Unacceptable Love

 

Puzzle Solved

Chapter Eighteen: Puzzle Solved

*Gui Gui’s POV*

“I’m so tired.” Aaron slammed himself against my bed.

“Gor..” I wanted to pull him up from my bed but instead, he pulled me onto the bed.

“I’m so tired.” And he slept on me.

“Gor, faster wake up. You are not going to sleep here, aren’t you?”

“I might sleep here.” He said.

“Hey.. Faster take all your presents back to your room.” I pushed him away.

My room is crowded with presents already. No more space. Why not I bring all into your room?”

“Nooo..”

“Such a good idea.” He happily went back to his room and took all the presents, dumping them into my room.

“Gor..”

“Help me open them then.” He sat on the floor and started opening all the presents. I sat beside him.

“Watch. Wallet. Tie. Chocolate..” I looked at the packaging. It’s Hebe.

“Gor, take this.” I stuff the chocolates to him.

“Ok..” Just then, Uncle Yan walked into my room.

“Opening presents?” The both of us looked up.

“Dad.” He went to sit the chair.

“Uncle Yan.” He smiled.

“My big boy grows up again.” He patted on Aaron’s back.

“Dad..”

“Your Auntie Wu seems a little anxious about getting you a girlfriend. I know you don’t like it but you still go along with her. Don’t mind her.” Uncle Yan smiled. Aaron kept quiet.

“Both of you continue to unwrap the presents. Don’t stay up too late.” Uncle Yan stood up from the chair.

“Oh. Forget to tell you. Happy Birthday, my son.”

“Thanks dad.”

“And.. Follow your heart.” Uncle Yan told Aaron but he turned to smile at me. Eh?

“Good night.” And he walked out of my room.

“Gor, did you tell Uncle Yan about us?”

“Nope. Why do you ask this?”

“Nothing.” Or maybe I’m thinking too much.

We spend quite long on the presents. Aaron started stretching. “So tired.”

He hugged me from the back. “I still like your present best.” Both of us looked at the rings we are wearing on. He smiled.

“Ok. Good night.” He kissed me on my forehead.

“Good night.” He stood up and left.

“Hey, Gor.. Your presents.”

“Leave it there.” And he went back to his room. Sigh.

~The Next Morning~

I walked into my class. Hebe is there.

“Morning, Hebe.” I greeted her, trying to be normal but she turned away from me. I walked back to my seat. She’s still angry. The whole day she didn’t talk to me even once.

“Gui..” Aaron walked towards me. Hebe stood up and left the classroom.

“She’s still angry with us?” Aaron asked.

“Yea.”

“Nevermind. Let’s go home.” Aaron held onto my hand and we walked towards the car.

~At home~

I walked around the garden. Sigh. What should I do? I also do not know how to explain to her. I then thought of what Selina told me.

~Flashback~

“Gui, in every relationship, there is always someone getting hurt, there is also always people sacrificing. This is because love is selfish which only belong to 2 people. If there are more than 2 people, someone is bound to get hurt. I believe that you are the one which Aaron wouldn’t want to see getting hurt. Even if he feels painful and stress, he still wants to protect you. You must have more courage in this relationship.”

~End of Flashback~

“What are you thinking?” Aaron walked up to me.

“I’m thinking about Hebe.”

“Do you want me to talk to her?” Aaron asked.

“It’s ok. Nevermind. I will try to talk to her myself.” I smiled at him.

~At night~

“I will be going to England for 1 week.” Uncle Yan said. “Dear, you come with me ok?” Mum looked at Uncle Yan. “Both of us have not gone for honeymoon yet.”

“Huh? But..”

“Don’t worry. Aaron will take care of Gui, right Aaron?” Uncle Yan asked.

“Yea. Of course.” He replied.

“You see. So you don’t have to worry.” Uncle Yan said. Mum looked at me. I looked down to avoid her eyes.

“Ok. Settle.”

“When will the both of you be leaving?”

“Tomorrow!”

“So fast?!” Mum shouted.

“Yea. I bought tickets already.” Uncle Yan said.

“So you have already planned before you asked?”

“Yea. Are you angry? I thought of giving you a surprise and you would be happy. You don’t want?” Uncle Yan sounded kind of sad.

“No. It’s not it..”

“Then it’s settled right? Great! Let’s go and pack our luggage.” Uncle Yan pushed mum to their room. I smiled.

“Great. Then we will be free for 1 week!” Aaron said. I turned to him and knocked his head.

“What’s that for?” I smiled and walked away.

“Hoh. Stupid girl.” He mummbled.

“I heard that!” I said.

~The next day~

“Take care of Gui, Aaron.” Uncle Yan said.

“I will.”

“Ok. Times up. The both of you don’t need to send us. Go to school.” Uncle Yan said.

“Ok.” Mum took a last glance of me before leaving the house.

~In school~

“Hebe..” I tried talking to her but she’s still not giving me any response. During lunch break, I stood in front of her.

“Can we talk for a moment?” She looked at me and nodded.

Finally, I managed to let her agree in talking.

“What do you want to talk about?”

“I..” She looked at me.

“I know.” I looked up at her.

She continues, “I’m sorry for slapping you that day.”

“It’s ok.” She looked at me.

“Calvin told me already.”

~Flashback~

Calvin chased up to Hebe that day.

“Hebe..” She turned to Calvin and cried in his arms.

“How could she lie to me?”

“She didn’t mean to. Both of them have been struggling for a long time.” Hebe looked at him.

“I remember the day when Aaron told me that they are together. I couldn’t accept the fact too. He has been hiding from us too. But I came to realize how painful it is for him which explained for his weird actions for the past few days. Because they are siblings, it’s hard for them to tell people that they are actually lovers. How could siblings become lovers? Even though they are not blood-related, but since their parents got married, people would see them as siblings. Gui is scare of hurting the both of us so she stopped Aaron from saying. It has been so painful for the both of them.” Calvin looked at Hebe.

“You should understand too.” Hebe kept quiet.

~End of Flashback~

“I’m sorry for not being understanding.”

“I’m in wrong too. I’m sorry for not telling you.” She smiled.

“We are still friends right?” I smiled and hugged her.

“Of course. We will always be.” I said.

“Back to the past?” Both of us turned to see Aaron and the rest standing at the door. Both of us smiled.

“Yap!” I ran towards Aaron and hugged him.

===========================
I starting school already. Workload increasing. So I hope I'm still able to update oftenly.

Signing off
bubblygal
21 Oct
9:40AM