Chapter 1

Unacceptable Love

 

The Beginning

Chapter One: The Beginning

*Gui Gui’s POV*

This happened when I’m at the age of 9. My mum decided to get married again. She met this man while working at the restaurant. He was a rich man, living in a big house – That’s was the impression I have of him at that time.

“Gui, we will be going to live at Uncle Yan’s house from today onwards. Hurry up and pack your things. He is coming to fetch us soon.” My mum told me. At the age of 7, what can a girl say? Or should I say what a girl knows at that point of time. I nodded to my mum and ran into my room. I carried my clothes and my teddy bears out from my room and brought it to my mum.

“Gui, don’t bring so many teddy bears to Uncle Yan’s house. Don’t be a kid. Uncle Yan has fame and statues. You must learn to behave already ok.” My mum wanted to take the teddy bears away from me.

“No No.” I started crying. “These are what dad gave me during my birthday. I must bring them along with me.” I hugged onto the teddy bears tightly. I didn’t understand why I’m having that kind of reaction but at the time, I only know that the teddy bears shouldn’t leave me. Dad flew up to the heaven when I was 6. That’ is the only memories I have with my dad. No one should take them away from me.

“Gui, behave.” My mum forced the teddy bears out of my arms and put it aside. Despite me crying so badly, she did not allow me to take the teddy bears along with me to Uncle Yan’s house. Just then, the door bell rang. It’s him. Uncle Yan stood outside the door smiling to my mum and gave her a hug. He then realized I was looking at the both of them. He walked towards me and gave me a pat on my head.

“This must be Gui Gui, isn’t it?” He put his face so close to me till I’m able to hear his breathing. He smiled at me. I moved back a little. He did scare me a little.

“Gui, call uncle.” My mum said. I looked up at him. “Uncle.” He smiled at me again.

“Ready to go?” He said.

“Yea. Let’s go.” My mum held onto my hand and led me out of the door. She took the teddy bears and put it beside the bins outside our house. Even till I get on the car, my eyes never once leave the teddy bears. Tears started welling out again. Dad.. Dad.. Soon as the engine starts, the teddy bears got further and further away from me.

I sat alone at the back of the car. Mum and Uncle Yan are talking happily at the front of the car. From this day onwards, my life started to change. In addition, I made myself falling into this unacceptable love.

After half an hour, we reached his house. His house was so grand till I might just get lost in the house. “I get the maids to prepare rooms already. Both of you may get some rest first.” Uncle Yan said and he came forward to me. “Gui, you are tired right?” I nodded at him. He smiled. “Let’s go.”

As we walked up the stairs, the melody gets clearer and clearer. Who is playing the piano? I started looking around the rooms and I came up to this room. I pushed the door opened and he was sitting there. I didn’t know who he was but the way he plays the piano, the melody just attracts my attention. Soon after, I guess he sense my existence. He turned around and looked at me.

“Who are you?” His words almost freeze me up. “I.. I..” Just then, Uncle Yan and mum appeared out of nowhere.

“Aaron..” Uncle Yan called out to him.

“Sorry to introduce. This is my son, Aaron. He’s 10 this year.” I smiled at him but he didn’t bother to return me a smile. “Aaron, this is Auntie Wu and her daughter, Gui Gui.” He didn’t say anything. He just nodded at us and left the room.

“Aaron.. Aaron!! Didn’t I teach you manners?” Uncle Yan shouted at him.

“It’s ok. He might just be shy.” Mum calmed Uncle Yan down.

“Sorry about that.” Mum just smiled at Uncle Yan and we continue heading to our rooms. Once I reached my new room, I fall onto the bed. I stared at the ceiling. Images of his face appeared in my mind. I shook my head to get rid of the images. I looked out of the windows. I then remembered. I went out of my room. I looked left and right. Mum is not around. I tip toed out of the house. I must get back my teddy bears. But how am I supposed to go back? I stood outside of the house. What am I supposed to do?

“What are you doing here?” Someone spoke suddenly which gave me a fright. I turned around and saw him standing in front of me. “I.. I..” I ran up to him. “Can you help me? I want to get back my teddy bears.”

“What teddy bears?” He replied.

“It is very important to me. Mum doesn’t allow me to bring it here but that’s what my dad gave me for my birthday. I..” I looked at him. “Can you help me?” I held onto his arms. He looked down at me. His expression started to change. I began to get scare and slowly release my hand.

*Aaron’s POV*

Just because I didn’t greet them properly, my dad pulled me into the study room to give me a lecture. After 1 hour, I then able to come out of the room. Looking at the sky, it’s dark already. Looking out of the window, I saw this suspiciously looking figure standing outside of my house. I decided to walk out to take a look. Getting a closer look, it’s her.

“What are you doing here?” I think I frighten her. She turned around and faced me. “I.. I..” Suddenly, she came running to me. “Can you help me? I want to get back my teddy bears.”

“What teddy bears?”

“It is very important to me. Mum doesn’t allow me to bring it here but that’s what my dad gave me for my birthday. I.. Can you help me?” She grabbed onto my arms. I didn’t know why but this reminds me of my mum.

~Flashback~

“Mum!! Don’t go!! Don’t go!!” No matter how much I cry, she does not have the intention to stay. I was only 7 at that time. Dad told me that mum left because she wanted to fulfill her dreams on the dancing ground. She chose to leave dad and me.

“Aaron, don’t cry. You are a boy. You must be strong.” My mum squatted down in front of me. She wiped off my tears and smiled at me.

“Mum, don’t go.” I hugged her tightly.

“Aaron, behave. I will come back for you ok?” I looked at her. “Really?!” This brightens me up.

“Promise?” I said.

“Promise.” We hooked our small little finger together.

~End of Flashback~

I held on to this promise for 3 years but my mum never once called me nor did she come back for me. I looked at Gui Gui. “I help you.”

“Really??!!” She smiled brightly at me. I nodded at her. “Ok Ok!! Let’s go!” She held onto my hand and pulls me out of the house.

“Do you know the way?” I asked her. She stopped suddenly. “I.. How do we go XxX street from here?” Sigh. She is so blur. But somehow, she warms my heart a little.
After 1 hour, we finally reached the place that she wanted to go. She ran to the bins immediately.

“Hey, what are you doing? It’s very dirty.” I ran up to her. She took the teddy bears from the ground and hugged it into her arms. She started smiling happily.

“All of you are still here. Still here.” Within a minute, she started sobbing.

“Gui Gui?” I patted on her back slowly. “Let’s go back ok?” She nodded. Taking another hour, we finally reached home. Just as we walked into the living room, Auntie Wu came up to us with dad behind her. She grabbed onto Gui Gui’s arms.

“Where did you go??!!” She took a looked at Gui Gui’s arms. “You went back to take this teddy bears? Don’t you know it is dangerous to go out alone? Come with me.” She pulled Gui Gui up the stairs and into a room. Just after a few seconds, I heard Gui Gui’s voice. She started screaming and crying. I ran up to the room immediately. I held onto Auntie Wu’s pants.

“I’m the one who bring Gui Gui out. It’s not her fault.” Auntie Wu squatted down in front of me.

“Aaron, it’s ok. I know it’s not your fault.” She then pushed me to out of the room. I wanted to help her but I didn’t know what I can do.

“Stay in here.” Auntie Wu said before coming out of the room. I ran into the room immediately. She crouches at a corner. All the cane marks are left on her arms. I walked out of the room.

“Dear, it’s ok. It’s just teddy bears. You can let her have it.” My dad was talking to Auntie Wu in the living room. Actually I didn’t understand why can’t Gui Gui have the teddy bears. I think Gui Gui didn’t understand too. I walked down the stairs and went into the kitchen to take the first aid kit. I went back into Gui Gui’s room. She was still crouching at one corner. I put the first aid kit beside her and sat in front of her. I gave a pat on her head.

“It’s fine now.” She didn’t reply me but instead, she came into my chest and started crying badly.

=================================
I hope chapter one started well.. =)

Signing off
bubblygal
19 Sept
8:56AM