Lost Boy

A Breath Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was my turn to leave now. The pension house was a good fifteen minutes away from the beach. Throughout the drive, I kept thinking about him. Oh Sehun. I had never seen the angered teen lash out like that. I've seen him angry, sure, but not like this. At school, he'd have this look of annoyance as if someone had already irritated his morning. Being always straight faced, you'd never know what he was thinking or feeling. I'd seen him pick on nerds and the people who were in grades lower than us. I've seen him making out with different girls in the hallways. I've seen him in the principal's office numerous of times. Of course with my luck, I happen to share the same hallway as him. Our lockers were across each others so I saw him a lot. Him and his snobby friends as well.

Chanyeol, his right hand man, was no different; he always made sure to give my mornings a hard time. Baekhyun, the jokster, would be his companion and would gang up on me to say the most stupidest things. 'Oh look the outcast showed up', or 'Hey guys, mute girl still can't speak!', and even 'Hey looking good in that skirt. You just need to pull them down a bit, you're cellulite is showing'. Occasionally, Jongin and Jongdae, or what I like to call them The Jonglings, would say a thing or two but it was never as bad as the other three. 

The scene where Sehun was screaming out loud was replaying in my head continuously during my trip. I kept questioning myself out of all people, why him? What are the odds of Oh Sehun driving to the same beach I was at, at the same time. On a school day to be exact. Well knowing his reputation, he did seem to miss school often so I guess that could happen. But why the screaming? Why did he turn my way after all of that? He must have known I was there right? If he did know, did he feel comfortable enough to let himself lash out knowing there was a presence other than him there? Why? Just why?

As I pull up to the gates, I roll the window down to type in the pin that will allow me to drive up further into the yard. No one was there of course because all the lights were off and nobody came here unless it was my sister. She was always out there partying it up. That alcoholic. I would've seen her car out there, but I wouldn't doubt it if she's somewhere in Hongdae inside a club or maybe she got tired of being here and went to the states. I don't know, but it's been awhile since I've seen her. For a younger sibling, it seems like I'm the more responsible one than her. I hope you're ok wherever you are.

 

7:18 a.m. Monday 

 

I just came into school and headed straight into the main hallway. Class starts at 7:25 so I stilll have a good five minutes to get to class. But first, locker. It wasn't everyday that I was picked on. I'd hear whispers and get stared down at, but that was nothing. Sometimes if I'm lucky, I wouldn't get shoved into a locker. It was a quiet morning and everyone was minding their own business. No one really did anything to me, and I can only hope that lasted the whole day. As I opened my locker, I started to fetch my textbook for AP government and biomed. 

"Yah stop trying to take my granola bar you pig!" I didn't even have to turn around in order to know who said that. Baekhyun being his loud self didn't surprise me to make such ruckus from the start of the morning.

"I told you to bring me one you !" Jongdae replied raising his voice a little higher, following a slap to Baekhyun's arm.

"Ow, fine. Here. You stupid ." I quickly glanced behind to see him giving his piece to one of the Jonglings as the others showed up. Chanyeol and the other Jongling wore their ties low and almost always had their shirts untucked. Baekhyun, Jongdae, and Kyungsoo dressed appropriately, As for Sehun, well, I didn't see him, and I'm guessing the guys don't know where he is either due to the questions they were asking each other.

"Where's Hun at?" Kyungsoo asked aloud. He was leaning on Sehun's locker which was next to Jongdae's.

"I don't know. Haven't heard from the devil since last week." he stuck the remaining granola bar into his mouth before opening his locker. I could see Baekhyun eye-balling him for the rest of the granola bar. Assuming that he was not satisfied with the breakfast he had, he made his way to the lunch room. Along tagged Chanyeol and Jongin. 

"I wonder if he's ok." Kyungsoo replied before he left to his class, which also happened to be my first period as well.  

"Don't worry about that loser! I'm sure he's watching Monday morning cartoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter