On The House

A Breath Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


4:18 p.m. 

 

I sighed deeply and tried my best to get mentally prepared for what's about to come. It was normal seeing my bullies at school everyday so that feeling was normal. But for me to see any of them outside of school made me anxious and nervous. I felt like they could, at any point, bully me in public. Sure I became used to seeing Sehun around, but the others...that's a different story. Apart of me wanted to walk away from my problems. I could easily turn around and they wouldn't have seen me. I could just avoid all of them and then everything would be ok. But I know running away from my problems won't solve anything. You're meant to face your problems, not shy away from them. 

I shouldn't be afraid to face them. Afterall, they're in my territory. Not only do I have Kyungsoo on my side, but Seunghoon and my other coworkers who are like older brothers to me were also here. I waved at Taehyun, Jinwoo, and Seungyoon oppa across from where I was. Seeing them here with me, I felt extremely safe. They were the older brothers I never had. As soon as I saw their smiles, my face lit up. I walked ahead and felt a bit relaxed after seeing them. I sighed one more time and finally walked up to the level my bullies would be on. I saw the tips of their heads from the booth they sat in. I got closer and closer. They were pretty rowdy from the start. I walked a bit slower as I approached their table. I felt a hand on my shoulder stop me. 

"Hey, don't worry. I got your back on this." D.O. smiled. I mentally thanked him for his reassurance and smiled back. I felt safe with his words. " Let me go first." he walked ahead of me. 

"Thanks D.O."

"Come on." he paved way. We walked a couple steps ahead. I was walking directly behind him. I'm sure it was hard to see me. A couple steps more and I heard what sounded like Jongin's voice.

"D.O. yahhh~!" 

"Look who it is! The devil himself!" And that was for sure Chanyeol's voice. 

"Couldn't stand to be away from me huh?" Jongdae added.  

"Yah. Shut up, all of you." Kyungsoo said. 

"Hyung, I thought you would be at the library?" someone's voice seemed a bit unfamiliar. I'm not quite sure who it was, but I know it definitely wasn't Sehun's. That's when I decided to step out behind D.O.'s back and make my appearance. Their faces a bit shocked. I saw a quick glance of all of them before I looked down. Chanyeol, the Jonglings, and the unidentified voice that belonged to Jackson Wang, another popular boy from our school, looked surprised to see me. Sehun and Baekhyun were glued to their phones at first but then looked up after Jackson added, "Who do we have here?!" 

"It's my honey bunny!" Baekhyun shouted out loud. So that's who called me that. He then winked at me. "Oh and D.O., you're here too." he changed expressions as he looked at him. I glanced towards Sehun who had his eyes now focused on me. He sat in the middle of the booth. D.O. and I both ignored Baekhyun's remark just now. 

"We were supposed to be at the library but we forgot to book it yesterday." D.O. said. I got stared down by the Jonglings. Chanyeol however weirdly smiled at me and raised an eyebrow before he added, 

"You didn't tell us you'd be studying with her." 

"Yeah, D.O. yahhh~" Jongin said. 

"Why would I? Not like you'd care anyway." D.O. smartly mentioned. 

"True." Chanyeol and the Jongling were in sync. The only one who was quiet was 'he who shall not be named'.

"Honey Bunny! Come sit with me." Baekhyun shoved Jackson, who was sitting next to him, aside and patted the seat for me to sit down. 

"Hyunnnng! I was here first." Jackson pouted. 

"I'm good. I think I'll just sit here." I replied, my voice monotone. I made my way across them to sit in another booth. There was no way that I was going to sit over there. Even if there was room, I'd still choose to sit anywhere else than be near them. D.O. followed my way and sat directly across me. We put our backpacks down and I pulled out the folder with all of our instructions for the essay and my brainstorming sheet I had made earlier on. 

"Hey Mi Ran ah! I heard you work here, can you give us a discount?" Baekhyun pulled out the ultimate aegyo and pouted. My face remained still but inside my head I was mentally throwing up. 

"Hyung, you're not doing it right." Jackson spoke up and followed his motion. Only his face contorted into the most ugliest facial expression ever. 

"What the hell is that?!" Chanyeol asked.

"It's my aegyo...what..." I slowly shook my head. 

"Shouldn't you guys be doing the same project?" D.O. asked. 

"Yeah, we're procrastinating at its finest." Jongin replied. 

"I'm the finest." Jackson added. The rest of us straight-faced him as he and Baekhyun laughed together. Jackson came to Korea during our sophmore year. Everyone knew that he came from Hong Kong, so he had difficulty speaking in the Korean language. However, his charms and loveable personality helped raised his popularity in school. He speaks fluent English and he learned Korean in a short amount of time. I had no problem with him, the guy was loved by everyone. He never did anything to me like the others did.

Chanyeol threw a crumbled up piece of napkin towards him, "Yah, you two are so similar it's annoying." the comedic duo only stuck their tongues out. 

"I hope you don't mind, but I brainstormed a few ideas and put together the things we should write

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter