Rooftop Quarrel

A Breath Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

9:45 a.m.

 

After second period, I made my way to my locker as fast as I could. Since the morning, I've been trying to avoid Sehun and his boyfriends. So far I've succeeded, but it was still morning and I had until three o'clock to escape. I went to school early because I didn't want to encounter him. Who knows what he had up his sleeve. Probably another prank to pull on me for all I know. After our bicker last night, I felt like I had to avoid Oh Sehun at all costs. I made it to my locker in the morning without interfering anybody. I did see him after first period walking in the hall, but because I got my books ahead of time, I didn't have to go through the hallway and went straight to my next room which was only a door away from my homeroom. Ever since last night's unexpected meet with Sehun at the bistro, I've grown more aware of my whereabouts. It was the note that left me staying up all night. 'See you at school tomorrow cupcakes', I mean really. Was that necessary? 

Of course with my luck, the only reason I had to go back to my locker was because I totally forgot about the notes I needed for today's open book test. Otherwise, I carried all the books I needed. That is until lunch time; I made a plan to carry as much stuff as I could and then when lunch time came, I would put my books back and get whatever else materials I needed until last period. After opening my locker,  I searched through a couple binders for the notecards. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun turned the corner into the hallway when I overheard their conversation. 

"Hahahahahaha!" Baekhyun laughed gripping his stomach.

"It's not that funny Baek. What if you had to do it? Then who'd be laughing?" Kyungsoo said as he smacked the back of the former's head.

"It's funny to me! He's the one that didn't go to school. Sehun deserves what he gets." Baekhyun's laughter calmed down and was now smiling like a dumb idiot. 

"Of course he deserves it. I never said he didn't. It's just not that funny Mr. Byun. Your friend is getting a lunch detention for crying out loud."

"Well, for missing three days without no excuses, I'm surprised he didn't get in school suspension." 


And that was all I heard from the duo as they walked passed me and into the hallway adjacent. Like Baekhyun, I am also surprised he didn't get a stricter punishment. The child missed school whenever he wanted to and would get minimal punishments. Even when he got into fights on school grounds. It was only a detention after school, or simply just visiting the principal's office. Must be nice having your parents be friends with the principal, you could get out of anything. 

 

11:50 a.m. 

 

I made my way up to one of my usual spots for lunch, the third floor. Nobody stayed on this floor when lunch time came, which made it the perfect spot for me to eat peacefully. I usually stayed in the hallway where the windows seats were. As I ate my bento box, I realized how efficient I was at avoiding Sehun. I had seen him three times today: in the morning, passing by my classroom during class, and right after the lunch bell rang. I tried not to think about him as much, but I couldn't help rewinding back to when Kyungsoo and Baekhyun were walking pass me in the hallway after second period. Oh Sehun had to serve a lunch detention today. However, I saw him go into the canteen alone. Usually when you have to serve a detention, you have to immediately go to the room where the punishment is being held, and then together with the instructor, you'd go grab lunch and head back to the room. At all times, you'd be under supervision, but I didn't see that. He was walking along side Jongdae when the lunch bell rang. Of course. He probably got away with it again. 

After about ten minutes, I had already finished my lunch. I couldn't eat much to begin with, and being alone only made me eat faster. I still had a good thirty minutes to sit back and relax. I decided to go onto the school's roof instead of heading back to my next class. Because it was lunch time, I knew everyone would be downstairs anyway so I made my way into the elevator and pushed the button to the roof top level. I then walked a flight of stairs to the door which was of course unlocked. The school never cared if anyone made their way to the roof anyway. It was an open spot that most people forgot about. I opened the door and made my way to the opposite side of the doorway so if anyone were to come up then they wouldn't see me first hand. I stood along the edge of the rooftop and indulged in the warmth of the sun. The weather lately has been absolutely beautiful. Sunny, but not too hot. Breezy, but not to cold. It was perfect.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter